throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Da Lions

coy bacon Guest

Da Lions

The Lions and their fans are believers this year. In fact, their fans are more optimistic than the Ram's fans. They will want this win more than the Ram's do. Their coach is under pressure to show that his team can win- even in preseason.

I predict that the Lions soundly beat the Rams. I'm usually wrong on my predictions, and it is always best to bet against me, but that is what I really think.

I hope the Lions lose.

Re: Da Lions

you got the part about the Lions fans are behind their team more

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    you got the part about the Lions fans are behind their team more
    Yeah, I noticed this too. What is it with Rams Fans anyway?
    Every Monday at the hospital, we are allowed to wear our NFL team's aparrel if we donate to Alzheimer's research (and I will, in memory of my father), but out of over 500 people, I am the ONLY one wearing anything Rams. I know we have at least a half-dozen other die-hard fans, and a couple of dozen more bandwagon fans working there, but I see more Chiefs, whiners, Broncos, Cowboys, Saints, Pats, and squawk jerseys on people than I thought possible.
    I even challenged the Rams fans...I said if there were 5 people per week supporting the team by wearing Rams jerseys or other Rams stuff, I would wear my autographed KW jersey to the hospital the day after we win XL....and NONE of my autographed stuff comes out of the display case for ANY reason short of a fire, tornado, or other major disaster!

I have no idea why. I get the feeling that unless they are promised they will win the superbowl they are not interested ...............

sorry, just in a funk just now

Dr MartinVonNostrand Guest

Rams fans are fickle ......... just fickle ................ and some tell me, they are smelly as well.

"I still smell!"
    "You see! You see what I'm saying to you? It's a presence! It's the beast!"

psycho9985 Guest

They were fickle in L.A. also.Alot of fair weather fans there.

Glad they left Hollywood.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    The Lions and their fans are believers this year. In fact, their fans are more optimistic than the Ram's fans. They will want this win more than the Ram's do. Their coach is under pressure to show that his team can win- even in preseason.

I predict that the Lions soundly beat the Rams. I'm usually wrong on my predictions, and it is always best to bet against me, but that is what I really think.

I hope the Lions lose.
    Why do we care, who wins preseason games? They don't count. This time is for getting everybody on the same page and up to playing speed, and to test out potential new players for the team.

Monday nite preseason football is bound to bring up the intensity level. It should be exciting to watch.
    :clanram:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coy bacon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    Why do we care, who wins preseason games? They don't count.
    :clanram:
    I care, and yes, it doesn't count towards the season.

Remember, I lost a nice lunch bet when the Rams lost to the Lions in days gone by. I may not get a fresh shot at a lunch, but if they win, I'll get to smile and serve a small piece of humble pie to some friends.

Better to serve it than to eat it.

But I'm afraid I'm going to have to eat it. :sad:

Let's hope I'm wrong.

coy bacon Guest

I'll add that there is incredible pressure on the Lions this season to produce. For many years they've sucked. The fans know it. They started wearing paper bags over their heads at home games. Then those that did it got kicked out of the stadium!

Few people respect Ford's commitment to the team. Many criticize hiring Matt Millen as the boss, (what a jock is not the GM of a team!??). The coach before Mariacci (sp) , Marty Morningwig, had two abysmal seasons and was fired. I think Mariaucci (sp) has lasted this long because of his record at SF. If the team sucks this season he may be gone also.

The team has used its last 3 number 1s to pick up WRs (sounds familiar doesn't it?), and all eyes are upon its QB to produce. He sucked last season. Word is if he can't produce this season, he's benched and probably gone. Bad news for Detroit is their star FB just got busted up and is gone for a long time this season. Good news is that their QB has looked great thus far.

Detroit needs a win, even in preseason, if they have any hopes of holding their heads and hopes up. All of their fans have their hopes up, even if they are irrational hopes, for a successful season.

Us Rams' fans are a bit more rational I think.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

The Lions have a very interesting young team. Lots of young stars including the 3 WR's, Kevin Jones, Boss Bailey, Shaun Rogers, Teddy Lehman. Should be fun to see.

goose9857 Guest

hey pycho , don't u dare say theres fair wheather fans here in cali, there some die hard rams fans here bro

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

hey pycho , don't u dare say theres fair wheather fans here in cali, there some die hard rams fans here bro
    Well , get the feeling that I'm the only Ram fan in San Diego County.

There were plenty of Ram fans at last Sunday's game. For some reason they having gotten the word about this site yet. :clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Scidog68 Guest

Ya' know, the thing about the Lions is that I never thought Harrington was the answer. He's.......O.K. Not great (or even "good"), but O.K.
    Perhaps with time to mature behind a solid vet, get some reps in preseason, do some mop-up work, he could have lived up to his potential. Throwing him to the...well...Lions...has hurt his progression and growth, IMO. He is surrounded by talent, no question. I just don't see him being the catalyst to bring it all together. And, unfortunately, Garcia's a waste, anymore these days.
    Detroit's problems, IMO, start at the top. Matt Millen is just not up to the task of leading these guys to sustained success. Mooch is a great coach, I believe, but it's not enough for the Lions, I'm afraid.

They may pull it together Monday night and make me look stupid, but that still wouldn't change my mind. Not until they could do it during the regular season, as part of a turnaround streak. Which ain't gonna happen until Matt or Joey (or both) are gone.

IMO, of course.

sbramfan Guest

It's just a matter of where your team is at in the cycle. In '99, and 2000, I'm sure the Pre-season games got everyone pumped up in STL, knowing that you've got a good product on the field for the first time in a number of years.

The Lions will be in that mode, as were the Chargers who finally made a run last year, and this year their fans were in full effect, and the players were all gung ho.

After a number of playoff seasons, it takes a bit more to get people excited. Like being ahead in the division, or being undefeated after a few games...

Let's hope after last weeks debacle that the players get a little pumped up to try to match the energy that we know will be there from the Lions.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by goose9857
    In defense of psycho, he didn't say every cali Ram fan was fickle, just that there are fickle cali Ram fans. There are plenty of loyal cali Ram fans (most of which are on this board), but I'd say it's pretty fair to say that cali has it's share of "fair weathers" as well.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast