Austin Pettis:
    12 G, 27 receptions, 256 yards, 9.5 avg, 0 TD

Danny Amendola:
    1 G, 5 receptions, 45 yards, 9.0 avg, 0 TD

Danario Alexander:
    10 G, 26 receptions, 431 yards, 16.6 avg, 2 TD's

Total (2011):
    176 receptions, 2144 yards, 10.9 avg ,8 TD's

As we all seen last year, our WR position was often injured. Even when healthy they struggled to separate consistently, and even catch the ball. DX is the established deep threat with an average of 16.6 YPC. Amendola was a huge loss for us. Even when he went down, Salas stepped up and looked almost as good, until he too went down. Pettis had a "meh" year and will miss the first two games due to suspension. Lloyd is now a Cheatriot.

2012 - Projections

Brian Quick
    :
    16 G, 58 receptions, 723 yards, 12.5 avg, 6 TD's

Chris Givens:
    14 G, 34 receptions, 518 yards, 15.2 avg, 4 TD's

Danny Amendola:
    16 G, 72 receptions, 634 yards, 8.8 avg avg, 4 TD's

Greg Salas:
    14 G, 26 receptions, 275 yards, 10.6 avg, 2 TD's

Austin Pettis:
    10 G, 11 receptions, 105 yards, 8.0 avg, 0 TD

Danario Alexander:
    10 G, 16 receptions, 298 yards, 18.6 avg, 3 TD's

Total (2012):
    217 receptions, 2553 yards, 12.3 avg, 19 TD's

As you can see I expect a lot better this upcoming year. We have a ton of weapons for Bradford to play with, especially newly drafted WR's Brian Quick and Chris Givens. Givens is our speedster that'll stretch the field with his 4.39 speed. Brian Quick will be our main 'X' WR (6'4) can match up with any CB in the NFL. We get Amendola and Salas back from injury to man the slot and have mismatches all over the field. DX will continue to be our deep threat, though he won't be forced to "over-play".

"The Edge"

Once again, as you can see I expect a big improvement in the upcoming year. I think the Quick and Givens additions will be huge. They are terrific compliments towards each other. Not to mention Amendola and Salas our slot WR's returning. Salas is amazing at gaining YAC and Amendola can convert any 3rd and short. He has unreal hands as well, and can play ST effectively. We can sprinkle a little DX here and there and take a few deep shots to him opposite of Quick or Givens to compliment.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -06-23-2012 at 08:58 PM.

THE DREAM TEAM

chucknbob is offline Registered User

Re: Daily Positional Breakdown: Part 4: WR

So I guess you don't think Steve Smith will make the team? I'm interested who will make the cut between him, Pettis, and DX. Also ( and I'm NOT trying to sound like a jerk) but I checked and between the WRs, TEs, and the RBs, you have 5000 receiving yards for our guys projected. I honestly think you are shooting high. In my opinion, your 3800 yard projection for Bradford seems to be closer to what our team will actually put up. I think we are leaning on our D to win games this year, with ball control to run the time of possession on offense. I'm afraid if we get behind in games, our receivers won't be able to light up the board and play in a shoot out.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chucknbob View Post
    So I guess you don't think Steve Smith will make the team? I'm interested who will make the cut between him, Pettis, and DX. Also ( and I'm NOT trying to sound like a jerk) but I checked and between the WRs, TEs, and the RBs, you have 5000 receiving yards for our guys projected. I honestly think you are shooting high. In my opinion, your 3800 yard projection for Bradford seems to be closer to what our team will actually put up. I think we are leaning on our D to win games this year, with ball control to run the time of possession on offense. I'm afraid if we get behind in games, our receivers won't be able to light up the board and play in a shoot out.
    I didn't mean for those to co-relate. Of course I don't think we will pass for 6,000 yards . That was an error on my part, sorry! I just figured 3,800 yards seemed reasonable for Sam, and the way these numbers worked out it was realistic as well. I just want to get a feel for how things will look and to give people an idea of what I think. I don't actually believe there will be 5,000 yards passing throughout the offense.

THE DREAM TEAM

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Like chucknbob said, adding up your projections from your WR, TE and RB projection threads, you get a total amount of 5000 yards shared between the three units.

You have Bradford projected throwing around 3,800 yards. Since the two numbers do not match up, and the realistic range for Bradford's throwing yards is around 3,800-4,000, some players are going to under-perform by your projected standards. I know you just said that the posts were not meant to intertwine, but if each player is projected realistically to perform like how you think they will, something is off here.

In that case, looking back at all your projections, I do not think that Kendricks will be amassing that many yards. I think he'll have a good year, but with the looks of you deeming Hoomanawanui a come-back player with his amount of yards (which I agree with...Hoo-man is my favorite TE), then Kendrick's role will be less stellar than what I think you have projected for him.

With the receivers, since Salas and Amendola are sharing the slot role, either both their yardages go down, or one of them outperforms the other and gets more playing time. Personally, I don't think two people sharing the slot position can each gain 742 and 455. Combining that makes the total 1197. If it was one person, that would be an top-tier slot WR. To me, Amendola will get around or a little bit below your projected numbers, but Salas' likely will drop.

As for Alexander, I'm not sure if "sprinkling him" a little bit here and there will realistically make him amass 23 receptions and 400 yards. Now, if he gets healthy and becomes a more reliable weapon that plays a good amount, sure he can easily gain 400 yards. But by the looks of you projecting Quick and Givens and Amendola to have such a big role next year, it doesn't seem that Alexander will get enough playing time to get your projected numbers.

For your RB projections, I don't think Pead will gain almost 1000 combined yardage his rookie year, especially through the passing game if our WRs and TEs perform the way you want to perform. Honestly, he will gain a lot of yards on the ground due to his much different running style than Jackson's, but I think his role in the passing game will be limited to the occasional screen, dump-off, or quick pass play.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

All fixed now.

THE DREAM TEAM

Keenum is offline Registered User

I just hope they can stay healthy. If they can, I think we will see a HUGE improvement over last year for sure, but we won't be able to scare anybody with our passing game just yet until at least one of these guys shows that they can be that speedster that demands double coverage.