Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Re: Dallas Cowboys @ Saint Louis Rams / Predictions Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Americas Team View Post
    You guys do realize that the Cowboys have scored at least 24 points in every game this year? You think the Rams can hold them under that? I don't think so.

America's Team: 37
    St. Louis Rams: 16
    You guys do realize that the Skins had averaged about 22 points a game (21.8) before we held them to 17.

If it becomes a shootout,we're screwed but if we save what ammo we have for the endzone instead of our own foot,we have a chance.

Rams 23
    Cowturds 20

Long sacks QB to end final drive by Dallas who arrogantly eschew the FG to send it to overtime & pay for their hubris.

TO cries in the post-game.

Once a Whiner, always a Whiner.

Unless you're really good & want to play for The Rams,of course. In that case, you're just a benighted soul who has seen the light.

A beautiful blue and gold light.

Go Rams Now & Forever

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I have this funny little feeling that something special is in the air now. We could turn this into a special season.

Rams 23
    Cowboys 15
    RamsFan16

Witten_82 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    You guys do realize that the Skins had averaged about 22 points a game (21.8) before we held them to 17.
    Wow!That is one mindboggling stat? How did the rams it? 4 whole points less than their average.

The cowboys average 29.2 points per game so by your formula we might only score 25.2. Now the rams offense averages 12.4 points per game, with your highest scoring output at a whoping 19 points.

Lol bringing stats into the game will not help you in an football discussion rams fans. Neither will arguing x's and o's so just stick to the whole Haslett has made us a better team or momentum/(yall hoping dallas implodes) factors.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Witten_82 View Post
    Wow!That is one mindboggling stat? How did the rams it? 4 whole points less than their average.

The cowboys average 29.2 points per game so by your formula we might only score 25.2. Now the rams offense averages 12.4 points per game, with your highest scoring output at a whoping 19 points.

Lol bringing stats into the game will not help you in an football discussion rams fans. Neither will arguing x's and o's so just stick to the whole Haslett has made us a better team or momentum/(yall hoping dallas implodes) factors.
    You're absolutely right. Throw the whole stats thing out the window along with your weak secondary that's going to get shredded.

Americas Team is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    You're absolutely right. Throw the whole stats thing out the window along with your weak secondary that's going to get shredded.
    It's just unfortunate for you that DeMarcus Ware and Greg Ellis are linebackers.

ethanramsyo is offline Registered User

RAms 22
    Cowboys 17

i think it will be a repeat of last weeks miracle because the cowboys do not have a steady quarter back and i think our defensive front might be able to hold barber and Felix Jones

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    I have this funny little feeling that something special is in the air now. We could turn this into a special season.

Rams 23
    Cowboys 15
    My, oh my. It's absolutely hilarious how upbeat you guys are over a fluke win. You should definenly be happy that you won, but that win proved nothing. The Redskins performed well offensively and ran all over you. The only thing that stopped them from winning were turnovers. You won by two points on a last-second field goal.

Marion Barber will get plenty of chances to run over any Ram who's dumb enough to get in his way. Brad Johnson will get the ball to Witten, T.O., Crayton, Austin, and I'm sure Roy Williams will score at least once. He may not know the entire playbook yet but he can run the routes they tell him to. You guys will get a dose of reality come Sunday.
    Last edited by Americas Team; -10-18-2008 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ethanramsyo View Post
    RAms 22
    Cowboys 17

i think it will be a repeat of last weeks miracle because the cowboys do not have a steady quarter back and i think our defensive front might be able to hold barber and Felix Jones
    I'll give you Jones.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

[QUOTE=Americas Team;253242] My, oh my. It's absolutely hilarious how upbeat you guys are over a fluke win. You should definenly be happy that you won, but that win proved nothing. The Redskins performed well offensively and ran all over you. The only thing that stopped them from winning were turnovers. You won by two points on a last-second field goal.

Marion Barber will get plenty of chances to run over any Ram who's dumb enough to get in his way.

Brad Johnson will get the ball to Witten, T.O., Crayton, Austin, and I'm sure Roy Williams will score at least once. He may not know the entire playbook yet but he can run the routes they tell him to. You guys will get a dose of reality come Sunday.
    With Roy Williams scoring at least once, and all those other guys you mention, sounds like T.O. might have a melt-down tantrum .. You guys definitely have alot of talented characters on your team, but if Romo can't go you may discover that "characters" don't add up to character. Should be a good game .. On any given Sunday .....

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Hey, you guys brought up the silly stat. LOL

But since it obviously got your chaps a'chaffin' so much , here's a couple more:

Let's look at the stats for the last 4 games- a widely-used statistical sample to assess current form.

Rams 1-3
    Boys 2-2

Rams: held Wash to less than their average pts, scored more than we had averaged & won.
    Boys: The total opposite.

Rams: points diff has changed from -28 to +2
    Boys: points diff has gone from +11 to -6

Do the Boys have better depth & plenty of talent to arrest their downward trend? Yes.Witten, Barber,all the WRs,Ware,Ellis. Great players,one & all.

But you're allowing your heart to blind your head if you don't see the injuries and recent performance as at least significant adversity to overcome, regardless of the opponent.

Do The Rams have the depth & enough talent to continue their upward trend? Possibly. Our core of indisputable talent is much smaller & has underwhelmed,to say the least, but if even one of our own Triplets-SJ,MB,TH- performs at their usual high level, the springboard of incremental team progress may even catapult them to ,uh, mediocrity...LOL.

Will mediocrity be enough to beat The Cowboys ? Probably not. But, considering the relative strengths of the teams, Dallas needs to be way better than their own mediocre to win by the margins suggested by visiting Dallas fans.

And they haven't been in the last 4 games. Nor has anything I've heard from Cowturd Central this week that The Cowboys will be above their average had any concrete evidence to back it up except possibly for the Roy Williams signing.

It's been nothing but injuries,scandal, media circus distractions, & vague expressions of confidence in how angry & focused The Cowboys are. Or perplexingly unshakeable confidence in a 40 yr old QB who hasn't played in forever & has been a career " game manager" behind an o-line that has been allowing a much more mobile QB to get pinballed pretty good of late.

By contrast, the only bad news out of Rams park-admittedly VERY significant-is LT Pace's questionable status.

Our WRs are healthier,younger & faster than before.Makes for an interesting match-up; our young speedsters vs your young DBs.

We got arguably our best DB -Fakhir Brown back & he's healthy for the first time this season.Probably not enough to more than slow your WRs but it will help our D-line get some pressure on whichever QB plays.

How's Flozell's stinger,by the way. Hope he's ready for Long. Kid'll come at him like a junkyard dog until the final whistle.

Ware & Ellis should be able to pressure Bulger but it better be consistent to protect your secondary from either our speed (Avery,Burton) or power (Jackson). I never wish injury on any player but I want to see Williams test his arm on a tackle of SJ barrelling down the field.

At least we know enough about stats & the Xs & Os of football, never mind how to read an injury report & look at match-ups accordingly, to have been concerned when Frerotte, BJ's doppelganger, came in for our QB last year.

Or to worry about why your owner & de facto HC is considering exposing a franchise player to even more serious injury if the game is such a gimme.

Apparently Jerry doesn't feel as confident as you. Hmmmm....

Maybe it's just a mindgame but I think it may have messed up your heads more than ours.

Blinders are supposed to be on the horse,not the rider,cowpoke.

Maybe it's a Brokeback Mtn thing & you are intoxicated by the smell of leather.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -10-18-2008 at 07:19 PM.

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

My, oh my. It's absolutely hilarious how upbeat you guys are over a fluke win.

But by that same token, it's absolutely hilarious how upbeat you are after two shattering losses, the loss of half of your secondary, your RB, your punter, your QB and the media boondoggle that's ensued.

Quote Originally Posted by America's
    You should definenly be happy that you won, but that win proved nothing. The Redskins performed well offensively and ran all over you.

As they did to you. Did you win?

Quote Originally Posted by Americas
    The only thing that stopped them from winning were turnovers. You won by two points on a last-second field goal.
    Again, I say: did you win? Did you lose to the Cardinals in OT on a last second blocked punt after an offensive meltdown? On a turnover?

Moreover, has Tony Romo not shown a propensity to turn the ball over at the best of times? To not be able to turn it on in the clutch? Do you think a broken finger in his throwing hand will assist his performance? Or are you willing to place your stocks in a 40 year old quarterback who hasn't started in two seasons?
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -10-18-2008 at 06:40 PM.

MauiRam1 is offline Registered User

There's blood on the water....and the RAMS have smelled it....

St. Louis RAMS 24
    Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders 17

Mark

Witten_82 is offline Registered User

Lol! You guys are gonna get a serious reality check, but I obviously can't overcome the homerism with a realist view so ill just sit back and let the teams show you. Just don't say I didn't tell you so when you guys have your hopes built up and they get stomped on by a superior team.

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Lol! You guys are gonna get a serious reality check, but I obviously can't overcome the homerism with a realist view so ill just sit back and let the teams show you. Just don't say I didn't tell you so when you guys have your hopes built up and they get stomped on by a superior team.
    Haha! How ironic! If this isn't the pot calling the kettle black. You're going to come to a Rams board, label us homers under the mantra of 'reality check', and then make a homer-istic statement based on your own assumptions about superiority.

There's a difference between idealism and realism, you understand?

If you'll have a look, nobody here is predicting a landslide Rams win. But the way things went last week, and considering the present state of your team, there is an heir of optimism about our chances to actually pull a rabbit out of the hat. I've said before that I don't get the 'guaranteed win' mentality some Rams fans have adopted, but for you to not even acknowledge the possibility of a Rams victory, even when proposing a dose of reality... is the very essence of homerism! It's showing no foresight into the legitimacy of anything but a Cowboys win.

And in all honesty, you've got a great team. I personally think this week that there's a definite possibility that the Rams could steal one, purely due to circumstance and injury. The Rams appear to have gained a world of momentum from that victory, the Cowboys have been in turmoil. I think all that a lot of us have recognised is that it's entirely possible.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Superior team with an idiot as a receiver who thinks he's the one that matters the most. Talk about a match made in heaven. The real reality check will happen in your post game when you finally are convinced that T.O. is the fool who spoiled the game when he dropped the game winning TD.

T.O. stomped on the star when he was a *****, he's still stompin on the star as a Cowgirl. You'll never get to a SB as long as he's on your team so just stop right there with all the dreamy talk. His me, me, me, attitude has already got you sounding like a mirror image and at this point you have nothing to be cocky about. Don't ever underestimate a team that has nowhere to go but up because funny things have happened to you also in this crazy but still young season. GO ask your punter!!! Rams 17, Cowfarts 14.
    Last edited by Guam rammer; -10-18-2008 at 08:56 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast