troykan is offline Registered User

Smile Dallas Fan: Garrett could be a better choice

Hi Ram Nation,

Dallas fan here who does not dislike Jason Garrett.

I believe Jason is going to make an outstanding head coach, I just do not believe it will be in Dallas.

The media circus and personalities on the current Dallas squad needs a squash by a tough guy, not wade, not Garrett.

In the case of the Rams, I think JG could be successful, especially considering your offensive weapons.

I know, what about last year in Dallas, you need to remember Romo was gimpy (pinkie, back) the offensive line was missing (Kyle Kosier) with an awful backup and Felix was lost (injury) and Marion was injured later.

Roy W. was injured (foot) and did not know the offense. Garrett takes some blame but to be honest it was a mixture of injuries, new players and frustration.

Garrett is very intelligent, he could easily utilize Bulger, Jackson and Holt to new offensive prowess.

He would also bring in an excellent philosophy and culture including a better scouting department. In addition, he has stated in other interviews that he would hire an aggressive defensive coordinator.

Some Dallas fans are pleased with Garrett and understand the problematics in Dallas are much greater than him, to be honest most blame falls on Jerry Jones and cup-cake coach Wade.

It appears that LF is the forerunner, he is a solid coach, however, to dismiss or dislike Garrett based upon the bigger problems in BIGD is a Big mistake.

Best of luck either way!!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Dallas Fan: Garrett could be a better choice

While you points may be true Troykan, you do have to realize that the injuries that you listed above as to why Garrett's season sucked is like week 3 in Rams land.

I'm sure that Garrett could eventually be a good head coach, however, he was improperly made into a hot coaching prospect after one year in coordinating with an all star offense. I just don't believe in a second that he has the leadership or the experience required to be a successful head coach at this point in time. Yes, you'll say that Jim Harbaugh and Sporano and Zorn weren't even coordinators. Yes, but they had years of experience as coaches at other positions. Garrett was a QB who couldn't even get rid of the clipboard, which maybe would make him a better coach, who knows. All I know is that I don't want my Rams to be the ones to break him in. I'll take him on his second go around.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    While you points may be true Troykan, you do have to realize that the injuries that you listed above as to why Garrett's season sucked is like week 3 in Rams land.

I'm sure that Garrett could eventually be a good head coach, however, he was improperly made into a hot coaching prospect after one year in coordinating with an all star offense. I just don't believe in a second that he has the leadership or the experience required to be a successful head coach at this point in time. Yes, you'll say that Jim Harbaugh and Sporano and Zorn weren't even coordinators. Yes, but they had years of experience as coaches at other positions. Garrett was a QB who couldn't even get rid of the clipboard, which maybe would make him a better coach, who knows. All I know is that I don't want my Rams to be the ones to break him in. I'll take him on his second go around.
    Not to mention we need a hardnosed/tough defensive minded headcoach to turn this ship around. Garrett lacks the defensive experience and toughness that we need.

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

while i think we need a tough defensive guy first and foremost,
    i also think people are dismissing garrett too quickly.

troykan, do you want T.O on your team? just curious...

troykan is offline Registered User

Smile Re: Dallas Fan: Garrett could be a better choice

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dave View Post
    while i think we need a tough defensive guy first and foremost,
    i also think people are dismissing garrett too quickly.

troykan, do you want T.O on your team? just curious...
    I think TO is a moron but it is too costly to cut him at 9 million this season.

Then we would need another proven WR besides Roy W., so not a smart move.

Ed Werder has it in for TO to be sure, most of it is hype but he can be problematic as we all know at times.

I truly think we need to dump Wade and bring in a tough coach as well to deal with him for a season.

Yes, I know the Rams need a defense but I do think it does not mean necessarily they need a defensive head coach.

The Rams need a scouting department to draft better specifically on the defensive side of the ball.

However, you start with your strengths which is obviously offensive and then draft and sign sound defensive talent.

An aggressive defensive coordinator needs to be brought in regardless of who is the head coach.
    Last edited by troykan; -01-16-2009 at 10:11 AM.