MartialRAM is offline Registered User

Angry Damn...no Rams love at ESPN

The only ones who picked the Rams for the post season were Scouts Inc. How sad is that. Maybe its a good time to hit vegas...our odds must be great!!!

Scouts, Inc.
    ESPN Insider
    AFC
    East: Patriots
    North: Ravens
    South: Colts
    West: Chiefs
    Wild cards: Broncos, Bills

NFC
    East: Eagles
    North: Vikings
    South: Buccaneers
    West: Seahawks
    Wild cards: Packers, Rams

:confused:

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Damn...no Rams love at ESPN

I'm glad, everyone is talking like the seasquawks are the next champs. All this talk about Wistrom making the defense that much better. Funny how he didn't get as much talk when he was a Ram. No respect! :tongue:

I think the RAMS will surprise the skeptics. :ramlogo:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

acer1240 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    I'm glad, everyone is talking like the seasquawks are the next champs. All this talk about Wistrom making the defense that much better. Funny how he didn't get as much talk when he was a Ram. No respect! :tongue:

I think the RAMS will surprise the skeptics. :ramlogo:

He actually did get alot of talk when he was with the Rams. He is one player I really hated to see line up against us. Grant is nowhere near the best DE in the game, I think we can all agree on that, but since he's been in Seattle, he's certainly said and done things that would indicate that he is one hell of a team leader. You all would know more about that than I would. And we can never underestimate the process of signing free agents from within your own division. (btw...what is Holt's contract status? :redface: )

I hate the term "seasquawks" but I guess it is deserved as our franchise has not done anything in the past to really earn any respect. Our greatest feat was getting to one afc championship game which we lost to the eventual champs.

I think the Hawks take the division this year, but lets hope for no injuries anywhere, and here's to hoping that the Super Bowl champ comes from the NFC west this year.

Best of luck guys

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: No Rams love at ESPN .. and whats more interesting..

Of the 16 talking heads and media services, only 2 ...2 mind you, have picked the Rams to make the playoffs. And even then, they have the Rams making the playoffs as the wildcard. One other note of consistentcy, they all picked the SeaChicks to win the NFC West. All of them. (Check out the ESPN website for details.)

Granted, the O and D lines are in pretty bad shape, but have the Rams fallen that far and that fast?? Nope, could it be a conspiracy??.... (Sorry - had to answer my own question with a question!!)

Hmmm...maybe it's part of MMs big plan to divert attention from his team...

Ya know he is a "Real Man of Genius"......

With that lead in... maybe Avenger can provide us with a MM/Real Man of Genious rendition....

Take it away AV.
    Last edited by AugustaRamFan; -09-08-2004 at 09:40 AM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Not real worried about it. So they don't pick the Rams? ESPN has always hated the Rams. Berman is such a huge whiner fan it's ridiculous.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Such an irrelevant point in the pros. If the Rams' playoff seedings depended on a computer formula that input the Power Poll rankings, like some juvenile college days idea, then maybe someone should care what dimwitted sports reporters come up with. Some dip**** want to crunch numbers? Try laying out the odds that the Rams will cover the spread. That could be useful ... not a silly poll.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Considering all but one of their 19 experts picked the Bucs to win the NFC South last year, I'm not too concerned with their forecast of the season.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I think they have all forgotten that the SQUAWKS need to learn to win on the road first before they crown them divison champs.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Given the Rams PATHETIC run defense and PAPER THIN secondary, what OBJECTIVE,INFORMED follower of the NFL would pick them to win much of anything at this point?? I think this Larry Marmie hiring may well be Rain Mans ticket out of town.

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

Think about it from an outsider's perspective. Would you pick the Rams for the playoffs? They lost Wistrom, Faulk's been injured, the defense has been a sieve for the run, the o-line has been in turmoil. I'm not ducking our chances or anything, just look at it from another perspective. Besides, NO ONE has ever liked the Rams in the media, ever. So, who cares? not me. I still see a lot of question marks that should have been answered in the offseason, but I still like our shot at the postseason, the Super Bowl is another story however.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Considering all but one of their 19 experts picked the Bucs to win the NFC South last year, I'm not too concerned with their forecast of the season.
    Excellent point, Nick.

These guys don't report the news. They try to create it. And that's okay, it would be rather boring otherwise. But the truth is, in most cases, those of us on this board know more about the Rams than the "experts" do. They tend to generalize. Such as, the Rams lose Turley, therefore the O-line is going to be the worst ever. Another example, the Hawks pay a lake-front premium to sign Wistrom, therefore he must be the most valuable cog in their improving wheel. Taking just those two nuggets of wisdom, the "experts" will assume the Seabirds have overtaken the defending champs in the West.

...and we all know what assuming gets you.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod