ramfan247 is offline Registered User

Dan Fells is clearly taking Joes job

Well he sure must have impressed these last couple of weeks in practice. With Haslett and Bulger literally ranting and raving about this guy in interviews this past week, I think it's safe to say that if Fells does well in the game this Sunday, Joe will be replaced all together. Fells started on almost every special team last week and I think it says something about him, that the coaches wanted to give HIM a touchdown pass instead of Joe. (He got held on the play and didn't make the catch but he drew the penalty and Jackson ran it it) Haslett and Bulger have both been quoted saying that he has some of the best receiving skills they have ever seen in a big body tight end and that he should be able to fill McMichaels shoes very well. I'm excited to see this guy in action. He only got in on a couple of blocking plays last week and he did average. Lets get this guy down field and in the endzone!

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Re: Dan Fells is clearly taking Joes job

The ranting and raving means nothing. Every year the coaches would be ranting and raving in the preseason about how good Jimmy Kennedy looked and how he was ready for his breakout season and you see how that turned out. We'll see if this guy gets actual playing time on offense and if he does- see what he does with it.