Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Danario Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    ....and Donnie Avery?

My point is Clayton proved he's a player. I'm seeing Clayton, Avery and Gilyard/Amendola in the slot next season. How about a 4 receiver set with both Gilyard and Amendola on the field at the same time? Gibson and Alexander still have to prove themselves. Laurent Robinson better wake-up quick or he'll be the oddman out.
    I wouldn't put Gilyard ahead of any wideout on the Rams roster at the moment. If he continues to struggle learning the offense, he could be gone as soon as this offseason regardless of talent.

Because if Clayton and Alexander can just come in and contribute, why is Gilyard having so much trouble?

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I hope the Rams really take it easy with DX and his amount of reps in the offense.
    The first 5 weeks this team had zero long ball philosophy, now that has changed.
    Teams will definately have to account for DX even if he isnt targeted by Sam Bradford.
    What a welcome addition for the other wideouts. Id like to see him worked in slowly for the rest of the season, not thrown to 10 times a game, like some people are advocating

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Danario is called "DX" anyway, not DA. Donnie Avery's name is safe, and Amendola is still Danomite.

RamFan876 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post

And I was ready to pull the trigger on signing DX to my fantasy team had Sam targeted him again... in fact, probably still gonna pick him up

The Dome was once one of the toughest places to play. Planning on going to another game later in the year, hopefully one with playoff implications, and the place better be nuts.
    Fortunately, I added him to my dynasty team. I'm usually too conservative and want to see some production before I make a move. Thankfully, I read the latest Post-Dispatch article that talked about all of the work he had done with the first team. The Rams staff did a great job of masking his health status.

I know that we all might need to pump the brakes on our expectations. However, DX drew double coverage in his first game. It was a beautiful thing to see for the Rams offense. He was also being pulled from the game on third downs. I can't wait to see this offense once he is fully acclimated to the game plan.

I got to feel some of the pain that out of area fans feel due to my time in military service. I only wish that I had been able to go to games during the "Greatest Show on Turf” days. The Dome has certainly been alive for every game this season. I hope the next game has no trouble selling out. The Panthers haven't been that impressive and Isaac Bruce's jersey retirement ceremony should be pretty special.
    Last edited by RamFan876; -10-19-2010 at 01:42 PM.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    Danario is called "DX" anyway, not DA. Donnie Avery's name is safe, and Amendola is still Danomite.
    Funny... I never noticed that we had three WRs with the initials "DA."

I guess if they ever line up together, we could call them "The Prosecutors."

RealRam is offline Registered User

Interesting to say the least ... DX, an undrafted, health-concern rookie plays his very first NFL game, makes some nice plays and catches an impressive TD pass ... going on SEVEN pages here at the Clan.

Somebody please get this thread to DX! Twitter it, USPS / UPS, print-and-hand-deliver-it, I don't care. This is very encouraging and must be shared with our newest WR weapon in the making!

Last edited by RealRam; -10-18-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Format

RebelYell is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    I wouldn't put Gilyard ahead of any wideout on the Rams roster at the moment. If he continues to struggle learning the offense, he could be gone as soon as this offseason regardless of talent.

Because if Clayton and Alexander can just come in and contribute, why is Gilyard having so much trouble?
    It's normal for a WR to not put up great stats until his 3rd season so I'm not going to eliminate Gilyard for not being as fantastic and quick as Alexander, Amendola and Gibson. He needs to be given his due time to develop. But yeah, I'm worried for him.

Legion is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I have to wonder, though, why the original poster felt the need to introduce this subject with a negative approach, gloating to the nonexistent DA detractors.
    sarcasm maybe? atleast that's what I'm going for.. you are pretty good at making sarcastic posts too, Sir

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post

That's what I was thinking.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by iso10topes View Post
    your name is molar pistol.
    you can read, congrats.

Did DX wear a knee brace? I did not notice. Just wondering, thanks.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Did DX wear a knee brace? I did not notice. Just wondering, thanks.
    Yes he did. I just happened to come by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa39rams View Post
    Yes he did. I just happened to come by it.
    Hopefully it's only preventive / added protection, and not something he's relying on to 'crutch' any vestige of an injury. [Sure we all know his story and history, we all know he passed the Rams physical. May this good young man continue getting stronger and better as a receiver.]

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Well he is still recovering from the injury, so its not a surprise that he would be wearing a knee brace. Don't read too much into it

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Interesting to say the least ... DX, an undrafted, health-concern rookie plays his very first NFL game, makes some nice plays and catches an impressive TD pass ... going on SEVEN pages here at the Clan.

Somebody please get this thread to DX! Twitter it, USPS / UPS, print-and-hand-deliver-it, I don't care. This is very encouraging and must be shared with our newest WR weapon in the making!

I just sent to him via twitter and I think it went to facebook too.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast