Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    viper is offline Registered User

Re: Danario Alexander: I'll Be Ready To Play Sunday

Some players just take longer to develop than others. I think Gilyard will start to contribute more as time goes on. I'm not ready to give up on him at all. He is just a rookie afterall. Patience is sometimes required. As hard as that is to remember.

I really hope that DX can stay healthy. He's exactly what we need in a WR right now and into the future. But, I'm not going to hold my breath. Odds are against him at this point. However, there is hope. If he does go down permanently, we need to acquire his clone through the draft or FA. I'd prefer the draft so that we can develop him properly into our schemes.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I don't have a problem with this unless it's an active Gilyard over a deactivated game ready Alexander.
    There are only five receivers on the roster, so both Gilyard and Alexander would have to be active in order to have the full compliment of five.

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    Gilyard was terrible on kick off returns. Never got past the 20. (No, really, not once). Amendola increased the average by a good 6 yards instantly.
    That's not correct. According to NFL.com, 12 of Gilyard's 16 kick returns were for 20+ yards. Gilyarda's kick return average is two and a half yards better than Amendola's. In fact, the very first game of the year, he had a 34 yard kick return, so clealry he's made it past the 20.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Most of the time he is off the field anyways. I'm not saying that game experience won't help him, because experience cannot be duplicated, but with all the burden and pressure on him, maybe de-activating him and letting him sit out and peacefully absorb the playbook and information will be better for him. At least for a couple games.
    If he's not absorbed the playbook by late November, I don't think deactivating him for a week or two is going to somehow solve the problem. His best chances for doing so are probably during the offseason months. Right now, what limited game experience he might get as the #4/#5 receiver may be helpful, albeit marginally. But probably more of a help than just sitting around watching.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    There are only five receivers on the roster, so both Gilyard and Alexander would have to be active in order to have the full compliment of five.
    Works for me, although Gilyard has been an active receiver in name only the last several weeks. That said, no one would be more happy than me to see him break out of his funk today and get involved with some production.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Looks like DX wasn't kidding

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Looks like DX wasn't kidding
    Gotta love a man that keeps his word. He was more than ready.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Boy was he ever ready.... He was HUGE today and a major factor in the game.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

iStillBelieve is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Has an undrafted player with two NFL games under his belt ever received this much attention?

I am pulling for DX as much as anyone, but man... its over the top with him.
    I hate when people downplay Alexander by saying stuff like this.

Has an "undrafted player with two NFL games under his belt" ever stood 6'4 with anywhere from a 41 to a 46 inch vertical and a sub 4.45 forty? Has an "undrafted player with two NFL games under his belt" ever came into the league after catching 100+ balls for 1700+ yards and 14 touchdowns in his senior season in college?

He's already proven he is by far our best deep threat, and is still great at getting tough yards over the middle.

Yes, people should be worried about the knee, but I'm not worried about his knee thaaaat much more than any other skill player's knees. His knees have healed very well from the surgeries, and as of right now he is 100% healthy. Could a freak play during practice or in the game change that? Of course, but I'd rather not just assume that will happen.

He survived his last season at Mizzou without any injury while taking much more hits every game than he will with the Rams (he was catching 10+ balls every game towards the end of the season). I am confident that he will be a good receiver for us, possibly even an outstanding one.

MACD is offline Registered User

Danario opened up everything for Sam, and you see the result.

Quote Originally Posted by iStillBelieve View Post
    Has an "undrafted player with two NFL games under his belt" ever stood 6'4 with anywhere from a 41 to a 46 inch vertical and a sub 4.45 forty? Has an "undrafted player with two NFL games under his belt" ever came into the league after catching 100+ balls for 1700+ yards and 14 touchdowns in his senior season in college?
    1) Hard to say one way or another, unless you have access to every prospect's workout numbers, ever.

2) Yes, just last year - Freddie Barnes (155 rec, 1770 yds, 19 TDs).

Yes, people should be worried about the knee, but I'm not worried about his knee thaaaat much more than any other skill player's knees.
    I hate when people downplay Alexander by saying stuff like this.
    Just like I hate when people downplay the impact that five knee surgeries can have on the career of a skill position player by saying he's not really any more a concern than any other player.

Alexander has the skill to play at the NFL level, but it's hard to tell in what role. Situationally, he provided a spark yesterday. Can he do it week in and week out, can he do it as a starter? With so many injuries already under his belt, it would be foolish for the Rams to count on him as a long-term option and adjust their personnel plans around him until he actually proves he can stay healthy for an extended period of time while being this productive. That simply remains to be seen.

richtree is offline Registered User

Stop with the Freddie Barnes....He played at Bowling Green or something...

Barnes was a bum that ran a 4.6 and benched like 11 reps or something.

DX was a stud, I told you that before the draft, during the draft, after the draft.

WR's have to pass the on the field test.

Did you see DX reach for the endzone yesterday after breaking 2 tackles. You can't find one video of Freddie Barnes ever doing that (even in college).

Notice DX had success in the slot and also when DX was on the outside he opened up the quick slant for the interior route each time.

I will continue to prove my WR scouting is superior when the Rams are examining WR's in this years' draft with my Rankings come draft day (tongue in cheak for thoses you can't read that).

I had DX > everyone but Bryant

I had Britt > Robiskie, Crabtree, Bey, and some bum Barden

I told you Burton would be cut and the knowledge just keeps on coming !!!!!

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Stop with the Freddie Barnes....
    The question was, "Has an "undrafted player with two NFL games under his belt" ever came into the league after catching 100+ balls for 1700+ yards and 14 touchdowns in his senior season in college?" The answer is yes, and his name is Freddie Barnes.

Obviously there are differences between the two, but the fact that Barnes fit the criteria in the question is one reason I personally wouldn't have asked it in the first place as a method of trying to make that point.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The question was, "Has an "undrafted player with two NFL games under his belt" ever came into the league after catching 100+ balls for 1700+ yards and 14 touchdowns in his senior season in college?" The answer is yes, and his name is Freddie Barnes.

Obviously there are differences between the two, but the fact that Barnes fit the criteria in the question is one reason I personally wouldn't have asked it in the first place as a method of trying to make that point.

I understand.....just hate people comparing a practice squad player to a NFL starter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123