Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Danny Amendola

Cabo3334 is offline Registered User

Danny Amendola

I believe that his hustle and willingness to drive the ball during kickoff return has been unnoticed. I believe he was one of the underated players of the Rams last season. It may seem im just ranting but I know if I didnt say something, and the Rams would sign T.O. (which they obviously wont now) and word was Amendola was to get cut, I would feel like I didnt do anything to back him up. I know posting this wont help his chances at all, but I can sleep better at night knowing that I tried.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Re: Danny Amendola

I agree with you, Amendola was one of my favorite players last year. If we cut him, I would be pretty upset.

The Rammer is offline Registered User

Nice player, but in reality he is now useless. He was a good returnman, but a very mediocre wide receiver. Mardy Gilyard takes his place on returns, I don't think he's good enough to make the squad. I'd bet he'll end up on the practice squad.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Rammer View Post
    I don't think he's good enough to make the squad. I'd bet he'll end up on the practice squad.
    That's a little bit comforting considering he was on the squad last year. Moving in the right direction. IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

The Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by badmoforamfan View Post
    That's a little bit comforting considering he was on the squad last year. Moving in the right direction. IMO.
    Last year, he also really benefited from the Foster and Robinson injuries. Even with his return skills, he would never have seen the field if those two hadn't gone down.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

i liked amendola too. was a great hustler last year.

and hey i don't care if Gilyard is a 3rd rounder or a FA rookie pickup. if he doesn't produce, danny should play. training camp and preseason will decide... not draft hierarchy

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I was quite impressed with Amendola's performance last season, I want the kid to stay in, hope Spags can at least switch around Gilyard and Amendola in the return slot. Aside from our offense being terrible and our defense prone to fatigue, the special teams proved quite the consistency.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Best players play. if Danny stays its because he was good enough, if he does not it was because he was not

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

I really doubt they can overlook the fact he set the franchise record last year for return yards. They watch the same games we do (times a million of course) so I am sure they saw his awesomeness just as much as we did.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Rammer View Post
    Nice player, but in reality he is now useless. He was a good returnman, but a very mediocre wide receiver. Mardy Gilyard takes his place on returns, I don't think he's good enough to make the squad. I'd bet he'll end up on the practice squad.
    Yep this pretty much sums it up, Gilyard is an upgrade over Danny in a very key area "speed", Danny lacks the break away speed to take it to the house everytime he touches the ball, but we should keep him on the practice squard just in case one of our WR's goes down during the season; the guys heart & toughness is something I wish we could spread around to the entire team.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Loved his effort, but I think he is gonna have to have one heck of a training camp and preseason to stay on the active roster. You never know though, he may come out and surprise us all when given his shots before the regular season begins.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Yep this pretty much sums it up, Gilyard is an upgrade over Danny in a very key area "speed", Danny lacks the break away speed to take it to the house everytime he touches the ball, but we should keep him on the practice squard just in case one of our WR's goes down during the season; the guys heart & toughness is something I wish we could spread around to the entire team.
    Very consistent and gets positive yards. Maybe does not have the big play speed but the positive is he takes care of the rock and moves the sticks. Most teams would love to have a return guy like him. If the Rams cut him he will not be on the practice squad he will be returning the kicks in another city.

the guy is a great role model and you want guys like him on your squad putting full effort in everytime. The guy catches everything you throw at him and the Rams need guys like Danny who can take a big hit and hold on to the ball.

Danny has earned the respect from me and I am a big fan of the guy.

Go Rams

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Very consistent and gets positive yards. Maybe does not have the big play speed but the positive is he takes care of the rock and moves the sticks. Most teams would love to have a return guy like him. If the Rams cut him he will not be on the practice squad he will be returning the kicks in another city.

the guy is a great role model and you want guys like him on your squad putting full effort in everytime. The guy catches everything you throw at him and the Rams need guys like Danny who can take a big hit and hold on to the ball.

Danny has earned the respect from me and I am a big fan of the guy.

Go Rams

I love the guy too, but don't go making him sound like God. He dropped a pass i believe against the saints to almost lose the game.

3rd and 3, he does a post and if he catches this hes got another 50 yards ahead of him and all defenders in his dust, and BAM dropped pass.

Then I believe we went for the fourth down and Bulger threw one low to Brandon Gibson but it was a nice catch to move the chains.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Rev Ike didn't exactly possess lightning speed... I know his record speaks for itself, but were are all prone to errors in our early days. Give the kid a break.

If he busts his guts wide open in camp, then I'm all for him.... That to me shows a desire to win, and be a part of a winning team in the long run.

Go Rams!

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I love the guy too, but don't go making him sound like God. He dropped a pass i believe against the saints to almost lose the game.

3rd and 3, he does a post and if he catches this hes got another 50 yards ahead of him and all defenders in his dust, and BAM dropped pass.

Then I believe we went for the fourth down and Bulger threw one low to Brandon Gibson but it was a nice catch to move the chains.
    Are you serious? It's like you said that I said he's a GOD???? If that is what you got out of my post no point in responding.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast