Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Danny Amendola

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Danny Amendola

Quote Originally Posted by The Rammer View Post
    Nice player, but in reality he is now useless. He was a good returnman, but a very mediocre wide receiver. Mardy Gilyard takes his place on returns, I don't think he's good enough to make the squad. I'd bet he'll end up on the practice squad.
    Wow. So little love for Amendola. He was 4th in yards per touch last year; 5th in all purpose yards, 7th in punt return average, 2nd in total return yards...........but in July, a 4th round rookie who has never seen the field has made him......useless?

Gilyard has a lot to prove before he replaces Amendola.

And mediocre wide receiver? Maybe so, but this whole corp is mediocre at best! He was the #2 WR last year. Had only 4 less receptions than the #1 WR, Donnie Avery.

I stand amazed at how quickly he is being thrown under the bus. Who exactly has shown, that is SHOWN, they are better than him?

Gibson? Robinson? Burton? Foster? None of which can stay on the field.
    Gilyard? a 4th round rookie, the 12th WR selected.
    one of the undrafted free agents? Really?

Anyone who dismisses Amendola has to do so based on the assumption that at least 4 unknowns will step up to the plate. That's a pretty big assumption.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Amendola seems like the classic overachiever. You look at him and you don't think he should be able to do much, but then he gets on the field and he flashes some legitimate ability. You can't count a guy like that out when it comes to a training camp battle for his job.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Just knowing he still has a legitimate chance to make the roster is a good thing. He will force all of his competitors to give it their best whether it be at wr or kick/punt returners.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Little Ricky Prohl.
    Let the hype begin.

Hey, one more post and I'll have 500.
    Let the hype begin.

Doooohhh!!!!!
    Let the hype begin.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Are you serious? It's like you said that I said he's a GOD???? If that is what you got out of my post no point in responding.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa "DD" no need to get upset, we aren't saying he isn't a talented player, he is just probally going to be the odd man out due to our issues at WR & you brought up a good point about him being on another team; that very well may happen...we'll just have to see.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa "DD" no need to get upset, we aren't saying he isn't a talented player, he is just probally going to be the odd man out due to our issues at WR & you brought up a good point about him being on another team; that very well may happen...we'll just have to see.
    If we are at a point to where we could get rid of amendola all together that would be saying a lot about the people comin in. Heck may even get a good trade for him.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Hey dominating, I didn't want to throw it at you like that, but you're making him sound like Isaac Bruce already.... I mean sure I agree with a lot that you said like he takes the big hit and hes a great character guy to have around, but " The guy catches everything you throw at him"..... calm down now..

MidniteRider5 is offline Registered User

Smile Re: Danny Amendola

I know I shouldn't be doing this because I am new here, but I was just searching through some threads on my boy DA after posting my original thread earlier today. I just wanted to give my boy a

*BUMP*

Looks like some people might be having crow over Labor Day weekend.

Look forward to seeing what DA and SJAX do for me through the season.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Wow alot of people just do not believe in Danny A. Kind of reminds me of several other guys like Doug Flutie, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, London Flecter. All said they were not big enough or did nothave the arm to make it in the NFL. People can say what they want but the fact of the matter is if a player consistently makes plays on the field the old saying actions speak louder than words chimes in.

Go Rams and Danny lets take it to the house......

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I will not be surprised in the least if Danny becomes a player that's held in the same regard with Wes Welker after a couple years of working with Bradford.

He and Sam already seem to have a good chemistry like Brady and Welker do. Welker was traded for practically nothing from the Dolphins to the Patriots because he was just a small slot receiver for Miami. Who knew what he could turn out to be, right? Now with Sam at the helm, I bet that Amendola quickly becomes a regular chain mover out of the slot just like Welker.
    I believe!

bluesjoc is offline Registered User

I agree Teke and whats great about Amendola is his ability for his YAC yards i watched him do it at TTech also and with the addition with Clayton another great YAC wr i think the Rams are going to surprise a few teams this year

iStillBelieve is offline Registered User

Love love love Amendola. I used to hate how every single white wide receiver got compared to Wes Welker, but with Amendola you actually can do that. Both put up great numbers at Texas Tech then undrafted, both around the same height and weight, have excellent acceleration, Amendola is actually a little bit faster and taller.

I'm thinking 70 receptions for 900 yards and 6 touchdowns

viper is offline Registered User

I think Amendola is going to continue to be a solid go to guy for us this year. His multiple role capabilities for the team are of great value. I agree that he may become our equivalent to Wes Welker. The guy is consistent and I would be very unhappy if he was the odd man out. He brings it, in multiple ways, every game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast