Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Danny Amendola

  1. #1
    MidniteRider5 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Post Danny Amendola

    He guys new to this board.

    I was trying to get some insight from some Rams fans about how well you think DA will be doing this year? I graduated from Texas Tech and like to follow our players in the NFL. Also, I drafted DA in my FF League. The leagues scoring system includes 1pt for every 10 Punt/KR yds. With that being said I know DA lead the NFL in KR yds last year. I am thinking he is going to be huge steal for me considering I drafted him in one of the later rounds.

    From what ya'll have seen so far and keeping a closer eye on the Rams than I have, do ya'll expect DA to be completing a majority of return duties in addition to STARTING (very happy to see this) at WR or is it likely MG will be stealing a share of this role?

    Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide and good luck this year.

    Side Note: I kept SJAX as my keeper in my league so I am expecting big things from the Rams this year.
    Last edited by MidniteRider5; -09-03-2010 at 12:10 PM.


  2. #2
    LA Rammer's Avatar
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,709
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Danny Amendola

    Could you believe the Eagles wanted to cut this guy?
    LA RAMMER

    It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

  3. #3
    MidniteRider5 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up Re: Danny Amendola

    Same thing happen to Welker in San Diego before going Miami and then to the Pats.

    Little guys get little respect in the NFL.

    Goes back to the old saying it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

    I am proud of both of those guys.

  4. #4
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,614
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Danny Amendola

    With avery out, i think amendola gets a lot more chances to make plays. He obviously doesnt have averys speed, but i think he is the fastest guy we have. I think he can do some very very nice things out of the slot.

    Sort of a cross between Dane Looker and Ricky Proehl (not as good as Proehl, but probably better than Looker)

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  5. #5
    DPskywalker is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Danny Amendola

    Let's face it, there's also a negative stereotype to white skill position players, especially wr's. That has a lot to do with why Welker and Dola-mite have had an uphill battle.

    I hate it when people bring up race, but this is pretty obvious. Given his production, if Toby Gerhardt weren't white, he'd have gone a lot higher in the draft (certainly ahead of Montario Hardesty).

    I just love it when stereotypes (of any kind) get turned upside down.

    Go Dola-Mite!!!!

  6. #6
    MACD is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    583
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Danny Amendola

    He'll do fine if Bradford doesn't shoot his hands off with one of his bullets....

  7. #7
    thermobee's Avatar
    thermobee is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    28
    Posts
    590
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Danny Amendola

    I think he has very good game speed which is way more important than no pads 40 time.

  8. #8
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,394
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Danny Amendola

    Quote Originally Posted by General Counsel View Post
    With avery out, I think Amendola gets a lot more chances to make plays. He obviously doesn't have averys speed, but I think he is the fastest guy we have. I think he can do some very very nice things out of the slot.

    Sort of a cross between Dane Looker and Ricky Proehl (not as good as Proehl, but probably better than Looker)

    Ramming speed to all

    General Counsel
    Totally agree. I hope Amendola continues to steadily develope his skills and confidence as a key component in the Rams WR group. He also reminds me of a Kevin Curtis WR, at least in that direction.

  9. #9
    thatguy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sarnia, Ontario
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Danny Amendola

    I really think Danny Amendola will have a good future with this team. Both DA and Mardy Gilyard could play as a #2 and the slot and I would love it if Mardy could develop into a good #2 and then have DA in the slot. But if DA ended up as the #2 and Mardy in the slot our passing game would be very versatile if the rams draft A.J. Green.
    Last edited by thatguy; -09-03-2010 at 03:11 PM.

  10. #10
    Azul e Oro is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,374
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: Danny Amendola

    Quote Originally Posted by MidniteRider5 View Post
    He guys new to this board.

    I was trying to get some insight from some Rams fans about how well you think DA will be doing this year? I graduated from Texas Tech and like to follow our players in the NFL. Also, I drafted DA in my FF League. The leagues scoring system includes 1pt for every 10 Punt/KR yds. With that being said I know DA lead the NFL in KR yds last year. I am thinking he is going to be huge steal for me considering I drafted him in one of the later rounds.

    From what ya'll have seen so far and keeping a closer eye on the Rams than I have, do ya'll expect DA to be completing a majority of return duties in addition to STARTING (very happy to see this) at WR or is it likely MG will be stealing a share of this role?

    Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide and good luck this year.

    Side Note: I kept SJAX as my keeper in my league so I am expecting big things from the Rams this year.
    I think you'll get a nice return-pun intended- on your investment in DA but not as a returner. Not only has he shown remarkable development as a WR in himself & chemistry with Bradford as a blitz-beating slot-guy but he has become much more important because of Avery's season-ending injury. It never seems to work when teams start using a return ace more as a WR; see Dante Hall. There's just something about the kamikaze attitude that disappears. I think you'll see the same thing for Josh Cribbs this year.

    I'd rather see somebody like Quincy Butler-if he makes the squad- on returns like we did last night and have Gilyard as the guy who could break a big one while he learns the system/NFL.

  11. #11
    39thebeast's Avatar
    39thebeast is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    conecticut
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Danny Amendola

    Slot position is really important in today's game they are usualy neer the top of their team in receptions. I think Amendola will probably lead the team in receptions. I'm a little worried about him playing the outside so much so I think we aren't in a double tight set we should be playing more 3 wide packages with less FB play all together.

  12. #12
    MidniteRider5 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up Re: Danny Amendola

    Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    I think you'll get a nice return-pun intended- on your investment in DA but not as a returner. Not only has he shown remarkable development as a WR in himself & chemistry with Bradford as a blitz-beating slot-guy but he has become much more important because of Avery's season-ending injury. It never seems to work when teams start using a return ace more as a WR; see Dante Hall. There's just something about the kamikaze attitude that disappears. I think you'll see the same thing for Josh Cribbs this year.

    I'd rather see somebody like Quincy Butler-if he makes the squad- on returns like we did last night and have Gilyard as the guy who could break a big one while he learns the system/NFL.

    Thanks for the heads up.

  13. #13
    berg8309's Avatar
    berg8309 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,899
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Danny Amendola

    I think part of the reason you see a decline in KR and PuntR yards once a guy becomes a regular WR is also due to the fact that their legs aren't as fresh anymore.

    However, for KR yards, guys on teams with bad defenses will be getting a lot of chances to return, and thus more yards. Sad but true.

  14. #14
    JustinHasAnAxe's Avatar
    JustinHasAnAxe is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Danny Amendola

    I am in a similar league. I was looking forward to picking Danny up, but now tha he his a starting WR. He won't be returning kicks very much. That will go to Gilyard... I assume.

  15. #15
    iStillBelieve's Avatar
    iStillBelieve is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Danny Amendola

    Quote Originally Posted by thermobee View Post
    I think he has very good game speed which is way more important than no pads 40 time.
    But he also has a very good 40 time to which helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Danny Amendola
    By Cabo3334 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: -01-06-2011, 09:29 AM
  2. Chat with Rams WR/KR Danny Amendola
    By Goldenfleece in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -08-19-2010, 10:20 PM
  3. Danny Amendola Hopes Solid Season Has Cemented Spot
    By r8rh8rmike in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -01-02-2010, 07:27 PM
  4. Amendolla pinballs into the record books.
    By 01d 0rd3r in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -12-25-2009, 04:33 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: -09-24-2009, 10:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •