Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Danny Amendola

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Danny Amendola

Amendola was a bright spot in 2009, but truth be told, I thought he'd be competing for one of the depth positions in this group because I thought (perhaps optimistically) that the better athletes would start to rise to the top over the summer.

Unfortunately for the Rams that hasn't happened, but on the bright side, Amendola continues to just make plays and show he's a diamond in the rough for this team. I'm not certain he'll be as effective outside as he would be in the slot, but if I've learned one thing about him this offseason, it's not to doubt him.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHasAnAxe View Post
    I am in a similar league. I was looking forward to picking Danny up, but now tha he his a starting WR. He won't be returning kicks very much. That will go to Gilyard... I assume.
    Agreed. If Amendola is in the starting line-up, then they're probably not going to risk him on return duties. Maybe punts, but I dunno. Simply put, this team doesn't need more injuries to starting receivers.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

If Amendola starts, I'd imagine Gilyard would take over the returning duties. That said, I think the ideal usage for Amendola is as a slot receiver and return man. Of course, that would assume that we actually had two players who deserved to start ahead of him. With Avery shut down for the foreseeable future, I think Amendola is our second best option behind Laurent Robinson when he is (hypothetically) healthy.

iStillBelieve is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Amendola was a bright spot in 2009, but truth be told, I thought he'd be competing for one of the depth positions in this group because I thought (perhaps optimistically) that the better athletes would start to rise to the top over the summer.
    Amendola is a very good athlete. He ran a sub 4.4 forty at his pro day and I've heard he might be the fastest player on the team. I guess I would agree that Avery, Robinson, and Gilyard were all better athletes but don't sell his athleticism short.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12