View Poll Results: Why had Danny Amendola been injured so often?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • He is fragile.

5 11.90%
  • He is reckless.

21 50.00%
  • He's been unlucky.

16 38.10%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Is Danny Amendola fragile, reckless or unlucky?

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Re: Is Danny Amendola fragile, reckless or unlucky?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Considering that you posted that at around 5:30 p.m. (Pacific Time) on a Monday, I think you might have a problem.
    Just had hernia surgery, off work for a couple more weeks... time to let the beer flow like wine and beautiful women flock to me like the salmon of Capistrano!!!
    supachump and Varg6 like this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

I don't believe he is fragile and I don't believe in luck. So, I guess that leaves reckless. I also don't believe his drive and skill set will allow him to play another style. Therefore, I will not be upset if the Rams fail to sign him and I hope, when Fisher says he wants Danny back, he means within reason.

r8rh8rmike likes this.

FestusRam is online now Registered User

I went with unlucky since hes had some rather freak injuries the last two years.

Reckless is a close second. Its just how he plays. Also, I'd say it was a bit reckless to come back as early as he did in 2011 after his elbow injury. It ended up costing him the rest of the season.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    I went with unlucky since hes had some rather freak injuries the last two years.

Reckless is a close second. Its just how he plays. Also, I'd say it was a bit reckless to come back as early as he did in 2011 after his elbow injury. It ended up costing him the rest of the season.
    He's a competitor, which is good for the team. Obviously what isn't good is to pay him a large salary to sit on the sideline. I'd like to be a fly on the wall with the back and forth on his negotiations.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Reckless due to the lack of size and speed in his skillset.

macrammer is online now Registered User

[QUOTE=AvengerRam;454547]Considering that you posted that at around 5:30 p.m. (Pacific Time) on a Monday, I think you might have a problem. [/QUOT

That was funny and made me chuckle......

I say reckless but I also think Danny has been used in a way that is not truly as a slot receiver, given the lack of tslent at WR. If there were other viable options and he was a true slot guy, I think he will be fine and the money should be paid at market value.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    He suffered an injury this year so rare the Rams medical staff had to call the other teams to find a case study of it happening to another NFL player, but none of them had one.

As a result, I went with unlucky.
    Not to mention a total badass. I wouldn't call him fragile, if anything, he's a reckless warrior, which is what I went with. I also think that he's been pretty unlucky...the whole team has been up until last year's season, basically.

I think it would be a sin not to resign a young QB's favorite receiver going into year two.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Fastcat is offline Registered User
    I think he is all the above but more unlucky than anything. Plus imo he may be asked to do too much for this team. Outside reciever, slot reciever, punt return, and i think he even did kick returns too, but not this year. If he just played the slot and a few snaps out wide i doubt he'd be as injured.
    AvengerRam likes this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    I think he is all the above but more unlucky than anything. Plus imo he may be asked to do too much for this team. Outside reciever, slot reciever, punt return, and i think he even did kick returns too, but not this year. If he just played the slot and a few snaps out wide i doubt he'd be as injured.
    Good point. If the Rams do re-sign Amendola I definitely do NOT want him returning punts.

supachump is offline Registered User

Considering that you posted that at around 5:30 p.m. (Pacific Time) on a Monday, I think you might have a problem.
    Personally, I like how he parties it up in celebration of President's Day!

FestusRam is online now Registered User

Good point. If the Rams do re-sign Amendola I definitely do NOT want him returning punts.
    Agreed. The only reason I ever liked him returning punts is that I trust him, more than any other player, to securely field the ball. We've seen how muffed punts leading to turnovers can impact the game(Salas in 2011 comes to mind. Also, I was very young when it happened but didnt Az Hakim muff one in the playoffs against the Saints?) Anyways, sooner or later we need to trust in someone else to do the job. Pead is a current Rams player that comes to mind. Keep Amendola on the sideline for a few extra plays and potentially a few extra hits to his small frame.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I think you should have had an option in the poll labeled "expensive", because for us to resign him that is what he's going to cost us. I'd like to have him back but we have a champagne "to do" list with a beer budget. I'm sensing the FO priority is with SJax over Danny at this moment. He'll hit the market and there will be a price that is determined and I'm confident Kevin, Les and Jeff will make the best decision on behalf of the Rams.

Given that scenario he may go from "has been unlucky" to..... It's a good question AV, but as you and General Counsel pointed out, it's not so much what he has been as what he will be and that is where the decision lies. So add me to the list of those who want him back but not at a premium price. Incidentally, in preparation for a possible political career, I abstained from voting.

Go Rams!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

When I posted this poll, I really didn't have any expectations as to how the votes would play out. From what I see, most don't buy the "fragile" argument, which would tend to mean that most at least want the Rams to try to work out a deal with Danny.

The leading vote-getter, "reckless," though, suggests that most fear that he'll be injured again.

At this point, I think it is far more likely that we'll get a "hometown deal" with SJax, while DA cashes in (and who can blame him) on the FA market.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

At this point, I think it is far more likely that we'll get a "hometown deal" with SJax, while DA cashes in (and who can blame him) on the FA market.
    I'd agree about a hometown deal with Jack as being quite possible, but if DA cashes in big time, it means that the acquiring team views him as being durable enough to merit the bucks. I think he still he's a decent bet to remain a Ram. I'm in the "reckless group" for what it's worth.

Any guesses as to which team might take the plunge? My guess is the Pats if Welker leaves NE. J-Mac is familiar with Danny as well.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

It's ironic that the things that make Amendola such a valuable weapon, such as fighting for extra yards, laying out to make catches, and taking on defenders, are also what make him a risk. Talk about a catch-22.
    MauiRam likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast