Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Danny Amendola, Rams reportedly 'far apart' on deal/NFL.com

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Danny Amendola, Rams reportedly 'far apart' on deal/NFL.com

Good post Maui. Totally agree and I'm hoping the Rams will keep DA one way or another.

Fastcat is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post

I agree- and our offense taking a step back is scary, considering it wasn't very good in 2012.

We simply have to stop this musical chairs act with the wide recievers and develop some continuity with solid, dependable talent. Players have come and gone for various reasons and all it does is throw the offense into a state of flux. Paying Amendola on par with the Calvin Johnsons of the world would obviously be ridiculous, but if we have to overpay a bit to keep him, there shouldn't be a second's hesitation.
    Why would anyone over pay for a guy who never had more than 700yds in a season? Or more than 4/5 TDs? Or has missed 20 games in 2yrs? Where is the logic hear? I could see if he was a team leader, where they leaned on him for support but i highly doubt thats the case. I say let him test the market, see what his value is, and go from there, which i think the rams will do. We need to outdraft amendola... He is no more than a 3rd or 4th reciever. But here he is our #1 or #2 option which at season end looked to be taking the backseat to Givens.
    DE_Ramfan and RosieJones like this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Re: Danny Amendola, Rams reportedly 'far apart' on deal/NFL.com

I agree with Fastcat, I love the passion and grit Amendola brings every Sunday but no way should he be making more than 7 million a year. If he wasn't injury prone and almost 28 years old I might think about it, but he has missed way too many games the past couple years to justify a contract like that. Fortunately, I don't think any team out there will give him that kind of money, so I'm hopeful that the Rams could sign him for around 5 or 6 million a year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12