Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Danny's catch

poejoe8 is offline Registered User

Re: Danny's catch

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Clayton's 34 yard reception on the sideline got number four. I'd say our receiver corps is stepping it up.

There were some great catches yesterday, but you can't beat Amendola's diving, stretched out one-handed grab. It was absolutely amazing.
    Do you think that the Ram's receivers are "stepping it up" due to the quality of the throws that they are now catching? How many great quarterbacks also had great receivers who may have never been noticed if not for the passes?

My point simply being that great receivers are born of great passers.

Go Rams!

Cardinalmaniac is offline Registered User

I saw it and was stunned. I was a college goalkeeper (wussy soccer, yes, I know) and the catch reminded me of a world cup soccer goal keeper's reaction save to a point blank shot.

Simply amazing catch. Won't get the love it deserves b/c it wasn't a TD catch.

richtree is offline Registered User

I think if we are gonna keep Danny (which obviously we are) he needs to put on some serious muscle this off-season.

We will use Gilyard as our return guy (like Az-Hakim). Danny is a nice player, but to be a serious player in the NFL, he needs to bulk up some so we can play over the middle for 16 games for a career.

He obviously has quicks, but isnt a player maker after the catch yet.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Great call on the holt grab vs the seahawks. That was a great catch, but i think danny's grab was better. I will NEVER let Holt off the hook for not making the catch on the deep ball in the carolina playoff game.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

RealRam is offline Registered User

Our D.A. is a very good WR in the making, i.e., with the potential to be excellent. A few more games this season and he's there.

I keep saying that Danny reminds me of Kevin Curtis, agile, shifty, smart; soft hands [Vs. Raven he had that other nice 36 yard catch]. Yes, I agree: if one compares DA's speed with Ricky Proehl's against a chronometer, maybe one would beat the other here and there, one way or the other. But I like GC's Proehl inference on Amendola.

This group of Ram players -- Amendola, Bradford, Clayton, Gibson, etc. -- is just now gelling. It also seems the gears of the OL are meshing correctly, firmly. Along with our TEs, I look forward to the Rams passing game to develop strong and scoring points!

Go Danny-o / Danny-a!
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-04-2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Brackets

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by poejoe8 View Post
    Do you think that the Ram's receivers are "stepping it up" due to the quality of the throws that they are now catching? How many great quarterbacks also had great receivers who may have never been noticed if not for the passes?

My point simply being that great receivers are born of great passers.

Go Rams!
    Bradford is no doubt a factor here. All you have to do is look at his perfect throw to Gibson for the TD. But I also think the receivers are playing better and stepping up. The catches by Amendola and Clayton are prime examples. Those were by no means perfect passes by Bradford, but they were still caught, in extraordinary fashion. The drop count appears to be improving as well.

n

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

what's the opposite of silver lining?.... copper trim?

anyways, its just too bad that D.A.'s amazing catch on 3rd and extra long, followed by SJ's monster 4th down conversion both failed to keep the drive alive due to the illegal formation penalty. given the effort and talent, i was really sad to see that their back to back efforts were for not... but its truly a refreshing thing to see our boys exhibiting some talent along with their obvious heart.

well done Rams. cheers!
    Last edited by KoaKoi; -10-04-2010 at 05:31 PM. Reason: grammatic fixin....

Judaxi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I think if we are gonna keep Danny (which obviously we are) he needs to put on some serious muscle this off-season.

We will use Gilyard as our return guy (like Az-Hakim). Danny is a nice player, but to be a serious player in the NFL, he needs to bulk up some so we can play over the middle for 16 games for a career.

He obviously has quicks, but isnt a player maker after the catch yet.
    He is officially listed as taller and heavier than Welker. I think he'll be ok.

Rich86 is offline Registered User

i think that height has to be skewed. mcclain tossed danny in the black hole like a small child.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

The kid is SiiiCK!! Guarantee you my wife's his biggest fan! ( I'll let it be ok since he's a Ram!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12