Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dante Hall

Beta Ram is offline Registered User

Dante Hall

I would just like some opinions on Dante Hall. We acquired him last season in a trade with the Chiefs. Since Al Saunders came over, think Hall would be used in the passing game, ala slot (#3) receiver? He's a good KR. I think, since losing Bruce, we'll need another deep threat besides Holt. Bennett is a possession receiver.

Beta :l

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Dante Hall

Ofcourse. Though he may be getting a little older, he's one fast guy. He can stretch the field, sure, he's not Bruce, but he's better than nothing.

I believe that he would be a good part of the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Ofcourse. Though he may be getting a little older, he's one fast guy. He can stretch the field, sure, he's not Bruce, but he's better than nothing.

Thanks for input.

All I know is last season we primarily used him at KR. Al Saunders worked with the Chiefs, so I think Hall can eventually start in this new system (let's hope). If not, Scott Linehan = :x

cfh128 is online now Registered User

He was brought here to return kicks and thats where he is going to make his money. If we have to use him extensively at receiver then something has gone wrong.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    He was brought here to return kicks and thats where he is going to make his money. If we have to use him extensively at receiver then something has gone wrong.
    Exactly. He had that amazing kick return last season. he's still got it in him. We can put him on the field every once in a while, but like you said, I don't think he'll be out there WAY too much.

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    Then we might as well kick our offense out the door. Bennett, Looker, and Hagans aren't going to cut it. Hall is a speed demon, and a legitimate #3. We're going to need all the help on offense we can get. Unless they add a WR in FA or the draft.

thoey is offline Registered User

Hall was a speed demon. I thought KC tried using him in the dual role and it wore on him and made him less effective at both positions...
    This space for rent...

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Beta Ram View Post
    Then we might as well kick our offense out the door. Bennett, Looker, and Hagans aren't going to cut it. Hall is a speed demon, and a legitimate #3. We're going to need all the help on offense we can get. Unless they add a WR in FA or the draft.
    Dante Hall has never been a legitimate #3. He was a great return man, and still a good return man, but he is not, nor has he ever been a legit #3.

There is no doubt that we will be adding a WR or two through the draft, and possibly though less likely through free agency. It will depend on the June 1st cuts.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I saw him run the kick back for a TD in Dallas (the only highlight of that game). If he is healthy, he is a threat.

On a side note, I convinced him that he shouldn't delete his myspace page like several other Rams players did during the season. I told him he still has quite a following (even if just from KC), so he has kept it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ramer is offline Registered User

Don't mess what we brought him in here to do, return kicks.

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

if you want a speed demon than sign Drew Carter to stretch the field. Living in NC I have seen him play the last 3 years and he has steadily improve his route running and catching to the point where I thought he should have been starting last year next to Steve Smith instead of Colbert.

NJRamsGuy is offline Registered User

Usually the guy returning kicks finds himself on the WR core (or CB core in some cases.) Hall will be a receiver, but probably only in 4 receiver sets. The loss of Bruce moves everyone up a peg.

I hope they draft a good receiver later in the draft this year because suddenly, our receiver core has gone from solid to weak.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post

Actually he's not, in fact, all that fast. Hall is more noted for his quickness and shiftiness when running than for blazing speed. It is interesting to note that after we made the trade for him last year, a number of Chiefs fans logged on and commented that he was really a pretty poor receiver and should just stick to being a return guy.
    Also, when A. Saunders was OC in KC they had lots of troubles at the WR position and Hall certainly was not part of the solution.

WHAT SAY YE?

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Dante Hall is no longer a speedster. He still has the moves to allow him to be a great Kick Returner, but he was not outrunning anyone on special teams last year.

You may recall Linehan tried to get Dante more involved in the offense when he was healthy and it was a huge mistake. We had guys like Dane Looker on the sideline who, like our old core group of receivers, DOES NOT DROP BALLS. I was getting so frustrated that we threw to Dante Hall and Travis Minor in critical situations and they dropped balls. Bennett too.

We used to have guys we could rely on, and I'm not sure everyone is ready for what most teams deal with, which is a lot of dropped balls.

So I guess I stand corrected?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-10-2008, 08:02 PM