Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Daryl Richardson

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Re: Daryl Richardson

Jackson's best days are behind him, why not start the rookie and allow Jackson to do spot duty. It'll prolong his career in the end, while giving us a more explosive option at RB.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39WillRunYaOva View Post
    He reminds me of a smaller faster SJ39,doesnt have the size but the extra speed makes up for it.He runs hard and doesnt dance behind the line of scrimmage.
    The only thing they have in common is the dreads. Sj dances in the backfield too much and is a bit slow. But to his credit he hasnt been dancing this year.
    Torry Holt likes this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Didn't Jackson have a better Yards per carry average than Richardson despite not breaking a 50+ yard run? Don't count out Jackson yet
    rammiser and SWFCRAM like this.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

SJ39 played well until he left the game. What I do prefer when Richardson is in the backfield, is the stronger feeling of him breaking a big run to the endzone. Jackson still deserves to be the starter though. His size and experience being the main factor here. Next season I expect to see the kids taking over more and more.?

Bing69 is offline Registered User

I love this guy Richardson, just hope he can keep up his good start. Obviously Joackson is the starter, but its always nice being able to spot a guy in knowing that he'll do a good job with the possibility of taking one to the house.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

It is certainly refreshing to finally have some depth at RB. The effort that Richardson seems to put forth (in every carry) is exciting to watch.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I like what I see from Richardson, but I'm still hoping Pead will make an impact eventually.
    Seems to me that Pead is having a tough time with the mental aspect of playing in the NFL. Hopefully Fisher has someone tutoring this kid? The potential is undeniable.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Didn't Jackson have a better Yards per carry average than Richardson despite not breaking a 50+ yard run? Don't count out Jackson yet
    D. Richardson 15 83 5.5 0 53
    S. Jackson 9 58 6.4 0 20

Yes he did SJ had it going, IMO SJ is the bell cow and Richardson and Pead should come in for a few touches and swing passes. Get the smaller and faster players in space and let SJ pound the rock!
    live4ramin likes this.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

I love the change of pace that Daryl Richardson brings, which is something we haven't had around here in years. He comes in as an immediate threat to score or get a big long run everytime he touches the football. He doesn't dance around behind the line of scrimmage; he finds the hole and hits it HARD. He has the explosion to get around the edge, and can make a guy miss here or there, but his speed is also deadly in the open field.

SWFCRAM is offline Registered User

He reminds me more of Chris Johnson than SJ. Things were going pretty well for Jackson until the groin strain, so I see no reason to change him being the starter. Let Richardson continue to learn the ropes from the back up spot - his time will come.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    D. Richardson 15 83 5.5 0 53
    S. Jackson 9 58 6.4 0 20

Yes he did SJ had it going, IMO SJ is the bell cow and Richardson and Pead should come in for a few touches and swing passes. Get the smaller and faster players in space and let SJ pound the rock!
    not to mention SJ has fumbled once....in how many carries?

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

I knew as soon as he bounced off tackle to the right on one of his first couple of touches that he was going to out run the LB and corner, based on the few touches against the Lions. I think he got 9 or 10 yds with it.

My thoughts were picked up seconds later by the play by play guys . . .

Richardson is here to stay, give him about another 10lbs of muscle and the guy will be 'Runatron'

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

I like what he did, but to be a good back in NFL you need to be durable, Richardson shows very good things during preaseason and first 2 games, but I need more proof. I still think Pead could be special, he needs maybe more time to get acclimated to the NFL.
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

shipcity24 is offline Registered User

Hey guys dolphins fan here. I love comin here and browsing this forum. Everyone's posts for the most part, are pretty rational and logical, unlike the finheaven forums lol. Love you guys. Anyways, this is def my 2nd fav team, always liked most players on the rams. Ive been a fan of Sjax for a longgg time, but ive been watching richardson since you guys drafted him, and wow, that guy is something special. No discredit to jackson, as he will probably be a hof some day, but the way richardson runs gives me the biggest woody ever. Amazing vision and hits the hole like a missile. If that guy stays healthy, he could break all types of rams rushing records, no joke. He has all the makings of a superstar, congrats guys. Nice draft... I wanted quick so badddd lol. oh wells, gl this year

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Daryl Richardson

Thanks shipcity, i always love level headed fans that come here just to talk and are nice. We are all loving us some richardson, and at thi point he looks more like an eventual sjax replacement more then pead(though we havent really seen mich of pead). You guys got lucky and got the good reggie bush, it took him a few years to finally adjust to the nfl level but hea done it in miami, and hes looking killer down there. Were all hoping for the best for quick and knew itd take some time for him to get adjusted to the nfl, just gonna have to be patient though, but someday he'll be a beast hopefully and our #1. Good luck this year and i hope you guys sweep the cheatriots!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast