Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: David Vobora suspended 4 games

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    STupid irresponsible behavior. I have no sympathy for the guy. This isnt a legality issue (ie what is sold in gnc), its a collective bargaining issue. THe banned substances are clear. its up to the players to read the labels of what they take. How hard is that?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    how about when they eat out downtown or at friends houses etc...

i think we should find out some more about the case personally before condemning the kid...for all we know it was an ingredient in a fortune cookie at the Wei hong chinese restaurant.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Or if he doesn't understand the label, swing by and visit the trainer's office for some direction. Even Dexter Manley would have no excuse....

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    STupid irresponsible behavior. I have no sympathy for the guy. This isnt a legality issue (ie what is sold in gnc), its a collective bargaining issue. THe banned substances are clear. its up to the players to read the labels of what they take. How hard is that?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    how about when they eat out downtown or at friends houses etc...

i think we should find out some more about the case personally before condemning the kid...for all we know it was an ingredient in a fortune cookie at the Wei hong chinese restaurant.
    We'll see, but isn't this the same excuse that virtually every player who has ever been accused has gone to? They always say it was a tainted supplement or they didn't know what was in it or something like that. It's plausible deniability.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    We'll see, but isn't this the same excuse that virtually every player who has ever been accused has gone to? They always say it was a tainted supplement or they didn't know what was in it or something like that. It's plausible deniability.
    Dead on. I'm sick of excuses about how it was just an accident. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a third time and I'll break your legs.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    everyone who goes to jail says they innocent..most of them are lying but some of them aren`t.

im really just asking that peeps find out a lil more before they condemn a kid...but thats just me...

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    everyone who goes to jail says they innocent..most of them are lying but some of them aren`t.

im really just asking that peeps find out a lil more before they condemn a kid...but thats just me...

If I were in the NFL I would take every single supplement to the trainer for review before ingesting. That way, even if it turns up you can then blame the trainer for the misunderstanding. To me, that would be a valid excuse.

ram3057 is offline Registered User

its up to the players to read the labels of what they take. How hard is that?
    I really think that most of the young kids who make it to the NFL are for the most part pretty talented.

I don't mean to dis anyone in particular, but I have also come to the realization that intelligence is not necessarily an NFL prerequisite!

Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

He is already suspended, so fighting it in four weeks won't get him back sooner. I like him, but we passed on Draft for him?

This policy has been in place for a long time, and if he can't read a bottle and compare it to the sticky notes posted everywhere, then he get's no sympathy. These guy's are paid enough to know better.

Gore looks to be out this weekend, (Not that I like seeing guy's injured: aka Laurent Robinson out for the season)), we could pull off a win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Don't forget that the drug policy also bans people who show positive for masking agents, or 'possible' masking agents.

Also, these guys are athletes and who knows if most of them even attended class. So they are dependent on their posse to keep them on the straight and narrow.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

No sign of an appeal and suspended for a quarter of the season, it probably wasn't cough syrup. It'll be interesting to see what the story is because Vobora seems like a good kid.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    I'd like to know just WTH is the NFL's drug policy anyhow?

If a substance an be bought at any supplement shop IE

GNC, Vitamin World, FitRx, etc.... it should be legal.

I hae no clue what he took, but apparently tons of over the counter supplements are banned-- and that's ridiculuous.
    lmao!!...great point!

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Here is an update from NFL.com:

Linebacker David Vobora of the St. Louis Rams has been suspended without pay for the team’s next four games for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances, the NFL announced Tuesday.

Vobora’s agent, Marc Lillibridge, said his client plans to sue the company that makes the supplement he tested positive for, and said that a toxicology report showed that the product was tainted with a substance that violated the league’s banned substances policy.

Lillibridge said that Vobora called the league’s hotline to check on the product this summer before taking it and was told it was not on the banned list. However, Lillibridge also said Vobora was told, “It was not on the list of officially sanctioned products, and ultimately a player is responsible for anything he puts in his body.”

Vobora made his second career start on Sunday in the Rams’ home loss to Green Bay, his first at strongside linebacker. He ranks third on the team with eight tackles.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Sounds like one big contradiction. When he actually sue's, I might believe. He has been taking it for a while now, and no failed testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    Here is an update from NFL.com:

Linebacker David Vobora of the St. Louis Rams has been suspended without pay for the team’s next four games for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances, the NFL announced Tuesday.

Vobora’s agent, Marc Lillibridge, said his client plans to sue the company that makes the supplement he tested positive for, and said that a toxicology report showed that the product was tainted with a substance that violated the league’s banned substances policy.

Lillibridge said that Vobora called the league’s hotline to check on the product this summer before taking it and was told it was not on the banned list. However, Lillibridge also said Vobora was told, “It was not on the list of officially sanctioned products, and ultimately a player is responsible for anything he puts in his body.”

Vobora made his second career start on Sunday in the Rams’ home loss to Green Bay, his first at strongside linebacker. He ranks third on the team with eight tackles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I don't believe one thing an athlete says after being caught violating their league's drug policy. I've been lied to too many times by athletes who obviously all think we're as stupid and as self-absorbed as they are.

It is obvious why Vobora has allegedly taken them: he's trying his damndest to stay in a league populated by linebackers bigger and better than he is. Like any athlete who uses, he's looking for an edge. He was the LAST PLAYER TAKEN in last year's draft. How many last picks have even made a roster in recent memory, much less seen significant playing time as Vobora has? It says a lot about the dearth of talent on our roster.

He might be the nicest guy in the world, but his stupidity has hurt the team because we actually counted on the guy.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I'm so tired of hearing people defend these idiots that get busted. "It was over-the-counter", "it was a supplement", "it was tainted", it was....."

I've got one thing to say to those guys.

Bulldung.

Tell me, if you are lucky enough to be one of the very few on this planet to play a game and get paid MILLIONS, would any of you be so stupid as to NOT check the label, check with the front office, check with the league office BEFORE you sucked something down? ...are you kidding me?

Sorry for the vent, but this crap really gets old to me. When are people in this world going to start taking responsibility for their own behavior, and when are people going to stop making excuses for not adhering to the rules and laws set forth? Personally, I don't care if the guy ever sets foot on a football field again. I'm sick of this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast