Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: David Vobora: Yay or Nay?

Good special teams guy. Good attitude, tough, great motor. Has made some plays now and then. On the other hand, he is a bit undersized, and Spags would likely prefer a guy with more lead in his butt. Given his versatility, he has a better than even chance to make the 2010 team even if we were to draft a linebacker in rd 2. I don't think he'd be a starter on most NFL teams though ..

All in all, we could do worse .. Anyone remember that guy Lovie Smith was so high on we signed as a free agent? Vobora is surely better than that guy, and alot cheaper ...

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Vobora is a guy who doesn't even sniff the field on anything other than special teams for a good team. He is not a guy who is going to be a big part of this turn around. If David Vobora, the last pick in the entire draft, is being counted on to start, you're in a helluva lot of trouble.

That said, he is an OK backup. Injuries happen. He is at least familiar with the system and can fill in sparingly when needed.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Yea, he's a backup for sure... If he was trying out on any other team he probably wouldnt make the roster or he'd be s special teamer at best. Ever watch a Rams game this season and wonder why the TE's were open down the seam? Well it would either be the strong side linebackers responsibility or SS's.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

I dont think Vobora's exactly starting material but, if they draft Suh in the first round, they can afford to start him if they cant find anyone better.

I just think with Suh that they wont worry that much about spending money on a OLB if Suh can stop the run.

laramsfan73 is offline Registered User

Unless the Rams come up with an upgrade in that position, then I say 'yea.' With this many holes to fill it's hard to say who should remain and who should be a back up. I don't think Bobora has played that bad at all. He looks like he has a pretty good upside. He made plays on a pretty bad defense. Unless the Rams can replace him with a better otion at OLB, I think he should stay.

TheRammer Guest

ya he is a very good versatile backup to plug in at any potential injuries we seem to always have but i think we need someone to come that can play like a mofo...like witherspoon did...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12