Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The day Sherman's behavior becomes the norm, is the day I get a new hobby.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Re: The day Sherman's behavior becomes the norm, is the day I get a new hobby.

I agree AV but he's not the first to do this act... Deon "Primetime" was doing this back in the day and he is still getting paid. Deon even said in his HOF speech he created the persona to make money. If Sherman did not run his mouth I would not know who he is... sad but true.
    Last edited by Rambos; -01-20-2014 at 01:45 PM.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I agree AV but he's not the first to do this act... Deon "Primetime" was doing this back in the day and he is still getting paid. Deon even said in his HOF speech he created the persona to make money. If Sherman did not run his mouth I would not know who he is... sad but true.
    You're broader point is correct, but I would draw this distinction. When Deon would self-promote, he did it with a smile on his face. Sherman comes accross as angry. Given the circumstance - his team just earning a trip to the Super Bowl - why would Sherman be angry? Answer: because he cares more about himself than he does about his team.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Here is why he does it....

Yeah, and in 2024, he'll star in "The Surreal Life" with Miley Cyrus, Honey Boo Boo, Justin Beiber, Alex Rodriguez, Lady Gaga and Jon Cryer.
    Rambos likes this.

BernieM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Yeah, and in 2024, he'll star in "The Surreal Life" with Miley Cyrus, Honey Boo Boo, Justin Beiber, Alex Rodriguez, Lady Gaga and Jon Cryer.
    I'd watch that.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I personally loved and hated what he did.

I hated it for all the reasons already stated.

I loved it because deep down I want Sherman to demand 'he get paid'.......I want it to be an issue, you know 'cause he's the best'.

Truthfully, I also want to see the Seachickens get a bright light shined on them for the coming FA period. I don't think the ***** secondary was a strong this year as last due to guys wanting to get paid. I want discontent on those teams. Can't wait until those QBs want to get paid either.
    live4ramin, Haste and Randart like this.
    Semper Fi!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

The only problem I have with what Richard Sherman did was that it was on camera.

All I really care about is that he made the play that sent the Fortuniners home. That is far more important to me.

Besides, It's not my place to judge anybody for how they respond to what they deem disrespectful to their own person. As long as no crimes are committed, I really couldn't care less.

The day Sherman's behavior becomes the norm, is the day I get a new hobby.-ct.jpg
    Why are you so angry, Richard?

emuen is offline Registered User

Here is something Sherman wrote for theMMQB.com after the game, according to PFT:

“It was loud, it was in the moment, and it was just a small part of the person I am. I don’t want to be a villain, because I’m not a villainous person,” Sherman wrote. “When I say I’m the best cornerback in football, it’s with a caveat: There isn’t a great defensive backfield in the NFL that doesn’t have a great front seven. Everything begins with pressure up front, and that’s what we get from our pass rushers every Sunday. To those who would call me a thug or worse because I show passion on a football field — don’t judge a person’s character by what they do between the lines. Judge a man by what he does off the field, what he does for his community, what he does for his family.”
    ManofGod likes this.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

His rant looked much like that of Dennis Rodman who's now in rehab. I wonder if Sherman was under the influence of substances untraceable by the league.
    "The horror"

emuen is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    I wonder if Sherman was under the influence of substances untraceable by the league.
    You mean he switched from Adderall?
    live4ramin likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Sherman's disgraceful, self-congratulatory rant went beyond the usual woofing and mouth-running that happens on the field from time to time. It is exactly what is wrong with sports today; sportsmanship in some quarters doesn't exist. It isn't enough to just beat someone, you have to also rub their noses in it. He made it real easy for even people rooting for Seattle to walk away from their TV with a sour taste.

I would suggest to all Rams fans, however, to be as equally outraged if one of our guys behaves in similar fashion, if not quite that outlandishly.
    live4ramin likes this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I was stunned to hear the remarks he made and I hope against all hope, our team does not pull this stuff in the future.........
    Randart likes this.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

What I found much more disturbing than Sherman's childish thuggery and selfish post-game outburst is the Seahag fans.

What self-respecting human beings would throw their food at another human being while being carted off the field after they just witnessed that person being severely injured?

Yeah, that happened. It happened to Navorro Bowman right after he had his knee blown apart, and it happened right in front of all the whole world to see.

The Seahags have moved up two spots in my all-time top five most hated NFL teams:

1. Seahags
    2. Whiners
    3. Cheetriots
    4. Cowgirls
    5. Steelers
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I hate it that people are turning it into a race thing, like if he was a white guy running his mouth people would accept it and wouldn't have a problem with it. Reminds me of Brock Lesnar running his mouth in the UFC; I hated it when he did it and I hated it when Sherman did it yesterday. Dude needs to be humbled, and I can't wait until Manning is the one to humble him in the Super Bowl.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.