Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 1 Post By mcpeepants232003

Thread: DC. Discussion 2.0

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

DC. Discussion 2.0

Its near the end of the 2012 season, the Rams will be taking the rest of winter off; dreams and hopes for the 2013 season start to run rampant with the approach of the draft, free agent rumors, and comings and goings of Rams players. So with that in mind, I'd like to point out that the Rams are still minus one Defensive head coach. Greg Williams is still an unknown--will he or won't he be on the Rams staff--or even if he should be.

Personally, as much as I hate the Vikings I hope they beat the Packers because that means the Bears wouldn't make the Playoffs (Bears barely defeated the the Lions). The reason is that Lovie Smith is on the hot seat and may not be the HC of the Bears. And there is my vote for DC...should Lovie loose his position with the Bears if I was the Rams FO that would be my first call and offer L. Smith a job!

Sadly I have no plan B as to who ought be the DC in Rams camp

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: DC. Discussion 2.0

It's a question I asked myself earlier today while driving. My prediction is that Gregg Williams will be re-instated by the league for the coming season. I also believe Jeff Fisher will offer the position of DC to Williams, as previously planned. "Bountygate", as with other scandals that have appeared on the sports landscape, will fade into oblivion.

I've always liked Lovie Smith and was sorry to see him leave us. He did a great job as our defensive coordinator. That said, I think Lovie probably regards himself as a head coach, and is held in high enough regard from others around the league that he'd get a 2nd shot at being one if Chicago were to fire him.

In any event, our defense did a nice job this season given the circumstances of losing our coordinator before the season even started. I trust Jeff Fisher will make the right decision when the time comes to put someone permanently in place.
    MoonJoe likes this.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

we aren't hiring a new defensive coordinator from outside the team. Either Greg returns or they name one from within the team.
    ZiaRam likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

DC. Discussion 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    we aren't hiring a new defensive coordinator from outside the team. Either Greg returns or they name one from within the team.
    I agree, no way we pick up anybody else outside our team.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

I heard a few weeks ago on espn radio (st louis) that "its no secret anymore that Blake Williams is the DC". Fyi