rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

Is The DE Position Left 0ut?

I mean We are not Exactly Dominate on the Line even though I know Carriker and Long Are still fresh and they are back-to-back 1st round picks. but this is something people aren't talkin to much about. Should this be some thing we need to worry more about, or with Spags as New Head coach, It pretty Much Changes Everything?
    Last edited by rams 24/7; -04-07-2009 at 12:40 AM.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: Is The DE Position Left 0ut?

I would say we need some more depth there, but if you are suggesting we use our number one pick on a DE again, then I would have to disagree and say we have bigger fish to fry. We have Long who IMO will have a great career here, and we have Little who still has some left in the tank when healthy. Ayendju and Hall will provide a solid rotation, but as Spags said, you can never have too many d lineman. So sure add depth on day two of the draft, unless of course Orakapo or another DE is rated world's above world's better then any other player available.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

well we need help on the D-line but DE is the least need IMO along with OG`s on the entire team..DT`s we definately need 1-3 new players be that in F.A or the draft or trade.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

We're definitely going to have to address the DE position soon, but it might have to wait until next year. Hall, Little, and Adeyanju are servicable opposite Long. In 2010 that will probably be a more glaring need for us, but for now I think we have bigger fish to fry.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Yea, I think it's definately a position that WE as fans aren't looking at but I hope the front office is. Not sold on Adenyanju yet and I think Little has little left in the tank.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'd say it's a position that needs to be addressed in the near future, but for this draft in particular, we only look at it if the value happens to be there. Last year, Little had 6 sacks and Hall had 6.5, even though Adeyanju started more than half the games opposite Long (who had 4). The depth is good, but what we really need is one of these guys to come out with a double digit sack season. I think in this case, it's more of a matter of getting the most out of the players we have. When Little retires, then it becomes a real priority.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I could really see spags going DE early if he is anything like Andy Reid. Look at it this way the only DE under contract through next year is Long. Spags needs good quality pass rushing DE's and I really could see us going with one as early as round 2

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I hope not !

Rams have to go OT in first and if they don't I still wouldn't take LB Curry over DE Orakapo. You can always find a great LB later in the draft.

Well I hope the Rams go BPA in positions of need DE , DT , MLB and WR. If Rams have a DE rated the highest on there board in Rd 2. The Rams have to take him.

I would rather draft a DE this year in the draft. It takes DE's about 2 to 3 years to develope.
    DE C. Long had 4 sacks last year. I bet he has at least 8 sacks this year, even learning a new system.

ricraam is offline Registered User

Curry is a great player! Let him dominate! OT in the 2nd round, and been a Ram fan forever... Little has ALOT left!!!