Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Dead man walking ............... we got a dead man walking here

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Re: Dead man walking ............... we got a dead man walking here

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Why? Because the special teams couldn't stop someone who seems to be a big time returner? Because Sam was obviously still hurt and didn't have his usual accuracy? Because the defense came up huge today with the exception of one drive? Because the Cards were giftwrapped that first FG by the refs?

How about for having the guts for going for it on 4th down and playing to win? It didn't work, but Hoodie still has a job...
    mmmmm, not really... but now that you mentioned it adds up,because we are 1-7, we couldn't score a td against a 1-6 team, because exceptthe saints game the players are not performing... and i could go on and on. the bottom line is that we could be choosing #1 draft twice in 3 years.... how many times we need to choose #1 before we start winning games?
    ManofGod likes this.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    They find ways to lose because they don't execute, that part is simple. Is it Spags fault that Bradford missed six wide open passes. Is it his fault Bradford held the ball and got sacked when Gibson was running wide open down the sideline?

Spags fault our O-Line cannot man up and make a small hole so Jackson can get 1 yard in 2 plays?

Spags fault the FG was blocked?

Spags fault that no one could tackle Peterson?

I can go on and on. Looked like a sound gameplan to me, with players that couldn't or didn't execute.
    9 and 31.

Who was it that asked for these players who can't execute? Who is it that continually and consistently can't get his players to execute? Why, after 40 games, are we still in the same position we were when Spags took over in 2009?
    lordwhttgr likes this.

melwheezy is offline Registered User

Rams Infiniti makes some solid points Maybe its not all Spags fault, but maybe a new coach will have a fresh approach, with the same players i.e. Harbaugh in San Fran sometimes new coach can get more out of mediocre average players see (Alex Smith ) .
    ManofGod likes this.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

..........Is it his fault Bradford held the ball and got sacked when Gibson was running wide open down the sideline?............
    Can't put that on Sam. I've been a critical of Sam this morning, but on that particular play, he had no throwing lane and several linemen directly in his line of site in that direction. He'd have needed Wilt Chamberlain's height to see and pull off that throw............hum.......Wilt's gone now huh........just a thought, never mind. So, IMO, that was on the OL.
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by melwheezy View Post
    Rams Infiniti makes some solid points Maybe its not all Spags fault, but maybe a new coach will have a fresh approach, with the same players i.e. Harbaugh in San Fran sometimes new coach can get more out of mediocre average players see (Alex Smith ) .
    I put this on Spags. Sam probably shouldn't have been starting this game. One more week, with him wholly participating in practice may have been better. That just may be the deciding decision that illustrates the error in his judgement.

But this team hasn't quit on him.

What I do see is that the offensive system their playing isn't working for the talent currently on this team. That may be because of the talent, maybe because of the lack of time in the system. It could be Sam. Either way, it's a crap sandwich.

But having this team working hard, I don't know whats to be gained by cleaning the slate coaching wise. Tweaks, maybe. McDan probably needs to tailor the offense for the talent he has. I see square pegs and round holes.
    Last edited by Richbert88; -11-07-2011 at 03:35 PM.
    fearsome foursome likes this.
    Semper Fi!

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

Bad Things happen to Bad teams, we are a Bad team.

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

and I mean Bad as in NOT GOOD.

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

I think You need to give Mcdaniels time, even with Shurmur his offense started having success the second season in, not the first season. Besides it took the whiners 2 years also to get there offense going. I've also heard Randy moss say that the spread offense was the hardest offense he would ever learn. We have to give McDaniels time to get comfortable. I think he expected Salas and Danny Amendola to be a big part of this offense. Without them now its hard.

To expect everything in the first season of a new offensive coordinator, isn't realistic. I am all for optimism and going for the W, but if the spread offense will be perfected with Bradford in it I'm willing to give it one more year, and give the Spags regime one more shot, but if i doesn't happen in another year, its time to find a new coach and a new GM. On a side note Jacob Bell's contract has to be reworked and he needs to come off the bench. We also need another Guard that is solid, and we need a new Offensive tackle.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiianpunch View Post
    I think You need to give Mcdaniels time, even with Shurmur his offense started having success the second season in, not the first season. Besides it took the whiners 2 years also to get there offense going. I've also heard Randy moss say that the spread offense was the hardest offense he would ever learn. We have to give McDaniels time to get comfortable. I think he expected Salas and Danny Amendola to be a big part of this offense. Without them now its hard.

To expect everything in the first season of a new offensive coordinator, isn't realistic. I am all for optimism and going for the W, but if the spread offense will be perfected with Bradford in it I'm willing to give it one more year, and give the Spags regime one more shot, but if i doesn't happen in another year, its time to find a new coach and a new GM. On a side note Jacob Bell's contract has to be reworked and he needs to come off the bench. We also need another Guard that is solid, and we need a new Offensive tackle.
    I am glad you didn't seperate Mcd and Spags. If the offense needs more time, and therefore McD, then so does Spags.

Consistency!

I do think the defense is doing well (consistency will come), especially considering the injuries. Is this Spags? Frijole <:-)>?

I just don't see Brooks and Linehan in Spag's. But he can improve.
    Semper Fi!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Why because our safety dropped a game ending INT that hit him right in the hands... Why because we had a game winning FG blocked? Why because we could not pick up one yard with two run plays? Why because our d shut down their running game? Why because we had back to back safeties?

I can't hang this one Spags...
    You may not want to hang it on him, but he's still the one who will pay the price for it.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Its not all Spags fault but barring an eight game winning streak, he's almost definitely gone.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    Can't put that on Sam. I've been a critical of Sam this morning, but on that particular play, he had no throwing lane and several linemen directly in his line of site in that direction. He'd have needed Wilt Chamberlain's height to see and pull off that throw............hum.......Wilt's gone now huh........just a thought, never mind. So, IMO, that was on the OL.
    Yeah I agree that's why we need a faster WR that way when Sam is getting hit, it will look like he missed an open WR... Draft Matt Kalil

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    9 and 31.

Who was it that asked for these players who can't execute? Who is it that continually and consistently can't get his players to execute? Why, after 40 games, are we still in the same position we were when Spags took over in 2009?
    Come on. Go back and look at the roster in 2008 and 2009. This team was in utter shambles, maybe like no other in NFL history.

Am I happy with 9 and 31? Absolutely not. Sometimes I want to strangle Spags. However, I see a team that always plays hard. Until the last two games when younger players started becoming more comfortable, they could not run the defense they wanted to due to a barrage of injuries. New OC coordinator installing a complicated system with a young QB.

It takes time, and cutting the cord here I think could be disastrous. I'd still like to see the last 8 games, but I believe that this group needs one more year. If they aren't winning games a third of the way through next season, fire Spags and promote McDaniels until season's end. Then go find a new HC.
    MauiRam and Richbert88 like this.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Come on. Go back and look at the roster in 2008 and 2009. This team was in utter shambles, maybe like no other in NFL history.

Am I happy with 9 and 31? Absolutely not. Sometimes I want to strangle Spags. However, I see a team that always plays hard. Until the last two games when younger players started becoming more comfortable, they could not run the defense they wanted to due to a barrage of injuries. New OC coordinator installing a complicated system with a young QB.

It takes time, and cutting the cord here I think could be disastrous. I'd still like to see the last 8 games, but I believe that this group needs one more year. If they aren't winning games a third of the way through next season, fire Spags and promote McDaniels until season's end. Then go find a new HC.

Was our roster really that much worse than the 0-16 Lions? Where are they at now? I couldn't name one Buffalo Bill before Chan Gailey took over other than Fitz, they seem to be doing alright. I know the roster was bad, but we don't have that team anymore. These guys that we have are Spags' guys, and they still yield the same results. Why does it take 3+ years to get it right? Why are some fans OK with this?

I know people want consistency and stability, as do I. But what's worse in the long run? Stability with a lame-duck coach who's in over his head, or a couple years of instability followed by new stability with a head coach who knows how to prepare his team for a win?

I have so little faith in Spags that I beleive the only consistency he brings is losing.
    Last edited by Fettmaster; -11-08-2011 at 05:36 PM.

DeaconJ is offline Registered User

It's the coaching.......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast