Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Dear Bradford Bashers...

citr92 is offline Registered User

Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

it's like there are 10 other people on the field besides the QB or something....oh wait
    with all the hiccups on offense, how can bradford be consistent when the rest of the team isn't?

having one or two good players won't do it

if there's a good running back, it won't work unless the line is good

if there's a good QB, he CAN make the receivers better around him, but it's still hard to do that and is unfair of EVERY quarterback to be expected to do so, it's his job, but not every QB is a peyton manning or a warner, or another elite qb, some qbs can be good, great even, but not a hall of famer

i think sam can be that, but again, his 3rd year with an offense that hasn't done much

was andrew luck responsible for his team's turn around?
    no

was griffin III responsible for the turn around?
    no

kaepernick?
    psh, no, look at the kind of players he's got around him, a consistent group, even if the rams beat them and bradford looked good doing it

wilson?
    lol no

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PARamfan View Post
    His TEAM is winning and therefore probably making the playoffs. It's KINDA what most of us want for the RAMS.
    That is my goal as well.... and it's a TEAM sport. See the poster said the rookies are playing better the Bradford. My response was to clarify that his teammates are carrying him in this game.

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

Ok, I still don't understand why YOU started this thread AV..........
    Nobody else did......
    lordwhttgr likes this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I've been a fan since the late 70's, and I can give you a roll call of lousy or below average QBs we've had - Pat Haden, Dieter Brock, Jeff Kemp, Tony Banks, Chris Miller, Steve Dils, et. al. We can win with Bradford. And if you look at 15-20 other teams in football and what they trot out there behind center every Sunday, you'd see I'm talking sense.
    NJ,

Pat Haden lousy or below average....he was the man, and a Rhodes Scholar with a great comb over. He was EPIC
    PARamfan likes this.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Can we get Sam someone to catch the long ball before, like Luck, RG3, Cappercornick? I mean I was at that last game and it was sad all the dropped balls we had.

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

I have no right to tell anyone what to post, but I really think we ought to refrain from future Bradford posts that merely rehash the same themes that have been done to death over the past couple of years. His statistics speak for themselves, and the opinions expressed by both his supporters and his detractors won't change anytime soon. I've been a fan since the late 70's, and I can give you a roll call of lousy or below average QBs we've had - Pat Haden, Dieter Brock, Jeff Kemp, Tony Banks, Chris Miller, Steve Dils, et. al. We can win with Bradford. And if you look at 15-20 other teams in football and what they trot out there behind center every Sunday, you'd see I'm talking sense.
    As much as some want to bash Dieter Brock, he did set a then Rams record for passing yards..... just sayin.....
    Brock did not have the weapons then, Sam does not have them now. Will Sam turn into a Dieter Brock.....???
    Last edited by GroundChuck; -12-31-2012 at 02:47 AM.
    RamDez likes this.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    Watching RGIII at the moment. Watched Luck this afternoon also. Watched Kapernick dismantle the Gridbirds too. They're rookies. They shouldn't be playing better than Bradford, IMO. They're rookies. They're in new systems (for them) with new OCs. I think that many of Bradford's weapons are vastly under-rated. That's all that some of the mythical 'us' are saying. So, with all due respect, I'll post what I'm thinking and be more than comfortable if someone(s) disagree with me, and respect their opinions in the process.
    Here are my thoughts. Luck and RGIII had great seasons. However, we have learned that rookies do not seem to struggle as much as they did in the past in season 1. The struggles seem to come in season 2 just look at Cam, Bradford, Ponder, and McCoy.

Not sure where you plan on going with Kapernick. IMO Bradford outplayed him in both head to head games. To be honest I am not impressed with him at all and think the whinners made a mistake in benching Alex Smith.

Go Rams

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    Here are my thoughts. Luck and RGIII had great seasons. However, we have learned that rookies do not seem to struggle as much as they did in the past in season 1. The struggles seem to come in season 2 just look at Cam, Bradford, Ponder, and McCoy.

Go Rams
    Cam Newton threw for 3869 yards, had 19 TD passes and 12 INTs and an 86.2 passer rating. He also lead his team to one more victory than they had last year. His passer rating last year was 84.5, he had 21 TDs and 17 INTs and threw for 4,051 yards.

Overall I'd say he had a better year this year than last.

Christian Ponder had a 70.1 passer rating last year versus an 81.2 this year. He threw for 1,853 yards last year and 2935 this year. He had 13 TDs and 13 picks last year versus 18 and 12 this year. His team is in the playoffs having won 7 more games this year than last.

Clearly a far better year this year than last, wouldn't you agree?

McCoy obviously isn't even considered a starting QB anymore, therefore he is not even applicable in this discussion.

The irony here is that the only valid point of your arguement is Sam Bradford.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -12-31-2012 at 05:57 AM.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I will be damned if I'm going to spend the next eight months responding to your nonsense.

Sam is not perfect by any means, but he is improving, and should continue to progress as the talent around him improves.

The bottom line is that there is no argument to be had here. Sam's supporters have already won, because Jeff Fisher agrees with us. Deal with it.

So... if you want to talk free agency or the draft, I'm your man.

If you want to whine about the QB situation... have fun wasting your time.

AV, I generally respect your opinions and thoughts on 'football' however with this Bradford issue I feel you have lost the plot to be honest.

If it bothers you that much, why start YET ANOTHER post about it?

You're a 'moderator' aren't you supposed to take the moral high ground? If people want to bash Bradford let them.

Who cares.
    macrammer, PARamfan and Tampa_Ram like this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I don't have anything wrong with people pointing out flaws in Bradfords game.
    But he played well yesterday. He was playing one of the NFLs best defenses in the loudest, most hostile road stadium you can play in. And he was marshalling that offense, changing plays at the line, calling protections, an doing a real good job.

But the same problems crept in late on. Receivers had the ball in their hands and drop it, namely Pettis and McNeil. Then the Seahawks start getting pressure and Bradford has to throw before the receivers are fully separated from their guys, leading to a lot of break ups or balls that are too far away from the receiver.
    The lack of a top quality receiver was evident, and Sam doesn't have a guy he can just throw it up to. On the last drive, he had to try and check down to Amendola and Kendricks because no one was open deep and he would have been sacked if he waited longer.

But I like what I saw of Sam in this game for the future. He took control of the offense and ran the no huddle well. I felt he did a real good job of reading and reacting to pressure too, getting the ball out quick to avoid sacks.

When it comes down to it, I don't think this team wins more games with someone like Romo, Newton, RG3, Luck, Kaepernick or Wilson. And certainly not with Dalton and Freeman.
    The Bradford led Rams beat Griffin, Wilson and Kaepernick during the season, remember.
    Rambos likes this.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Cam Newton threw for 3869 yards, had 19 TD passes and 12 INTs and an 86.2 passer rating. He also lead his team to one more victory than they had last year. His passer rating last year was 84.5, he had 21 TDs and 17 INTs and threw for 4,051 yards.

Overall I'd say he had a better year this year than last.
    Considering he also rushed for 14 TD's his rookie year, I can hardly see why this year was better.

Christian Ponder had a 70.1 passer rating last year versus an 81.2 this year. He threw for 1,853 yards last year and 2935 this year. He had 13 TDs and 13 picks last year versus 18 and 12 this year. His team is in the playoffs having won 7 more games this year than last.

Clearly a far better year this year than last, wouldn't you agree?
    When your coach adds almost 200 more passing attempts, I'd hope the stats would look better. Let's not forget that he had a 2000 yard rusher to take the pressure off him.

The irony here is that the only valid point of your arguement is Sam Bradford.
    Given everything that happened in his actual sophomore year, I've always believed that this year was his "true" sophomore year. People asked for improvement, and they got it. 3700 yards and 21 TD's puts him right near Tom Brady's third year as a starter. Is there room for improvement? Of course. Until we go 19-0, there's always something to fix. But I believe unfair blame is being thrown on Sammy. Then again, he is the QB, so I guess it comes with the title.
    cfh128 likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GroundChuck View Post
    As much as some want to bash Dieter Brock, he did set a then Rams record for passing yards..... just sayin.....
    Brock did not have the weapons then, Sam does not have them now. Will Sam turn into a Dieter Brock.....???
    Brock was washed up when acquired. And he DID NOT set a yardage record, it was completion percentage. As for not having weapons, he had Eric Dickerson in the backfield and Henry Ellard. He also had a very good offensive line.

Chris 'concussions rule!' Miller I thought was actually quite a reasonable QB as well.
    MoonJoe likes this.

Sounds like the argument of a child.
    Well, he is a lawyer . . . . . .
    Last edited by UK Ramfan 83; -12-31-2012 at 08:38 AM.
    MoonJoe likes this.

bradwill is offline Registered User

I have no right to tell anyone what to post, but I really think we ought to refrain from future Bradford posts that merely rehash the same themes that have been done to death over the past couple of years. His statistics speak for themselves, and the opinions expressed by both his supporters and his detractors won't change anytime soon. I've been a fan since the late 70's, and I can give you a roll call of lousy or below average QBs we've had - Pat Haden, Dieter Brock, Jeff Kemp, Tony Banks, Chris Miller, Steve Dils, et. al. We can win with Bradford. And if you look at 15-20 other teams in football and what they trot out there behind center every Sunday, you'd see I'm talking sense.
    I thought Haden was pretty good myself Sure, he had passes batted-down at the line a bit because of his short stature and didn't have a strong arm, but I thought he was a pretty solid workmanlike QB.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast