Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Dear Bradford Bashers...

bradwill is offline Registered User

Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    wilson?
    lol no
    Wilson just finished his rookie year with a QB rating of 100 and tied Peyton Manning's 26 TD rookie mark. Seems like a helluva QB to me, especially for a rookie.
    PARamfan likes this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

A lot of the time i see the criticism of Bradford being that he isn't as good as Rodgers or Brady or Manning.
    But at the same time, here is a list of 10 NFL teams that would take Bradford over their current starter:

Kansas City
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Oakland Raiders
    Cleveland Browns
    Arizona Cardinals
    Tennessee Titans
    New York Jets
    Buffalo Bills
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

And that was just the easy ones without even going into questions as to whether Bradford would be better than players like Romo, Cutler or Schaub

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PARamfan View Post
    This is all most of us are saying. And the Majority of us WANT Bradford to be our QB and be all that we think he can be. You can't keep blaming everyone BUT the QB for losing seasons. It certainly can't be laid at the foot of the coaches anymore. In the end I'm a RAMS fan not a fan of any individual player that may put on the jersey for a few years., and I want what is best for the RAMS.
    Hey PA, If i take the word Bash"er" and look at you and the rest of us who offer our voice to areas whereby Bradford can use some improvement, Basher is the wrong term. Realist may be much more applicable. By pointing out areas of improvement for Sam, it does not mean one is not s suppporter, a basher or anything else deragatory. IMO it is the same as criticizing any other player on the team for areas of improvement.

The Rams just finished a season that has given us hope. We did not win the division nor make it as a wild card entrant. We did not have a winning season. I am hopeful but far from satisfied. I want to see us in the post season NOW. This means the team needs to improve across the board, including the play of our esteemed QB. Making the observations on areas of improvement is a natural and honest way for fans in looking at a team.

macrammer ( Not a Bradford or RAM BASHER but fan that looks at the team in a realistic and open minded perspective)

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Cam Newton threw for 3869 yards, had 19 TD passes and 12 INTs and an 86.2 passer rating. He also lead his team to one more victory than they had last year. His passer rating last year was 84.5, he had 21 TDs and 17 INTs and threw for 4,051 yards.

Overall I'd say he had a better year this year than last.

Christian Ponder had a 70.1 passer rating last year versus an 81.2 this year. He threw for 1,853 yards last year and 2935 this year. He had 13 TDs and 13 picks last year versus 18 and 12 this year. His team is in the playoffs having won 7 more games this year than last.

Clearly a far better year this year than last, wouldn't you agree?

McCoy obviously isn't even considered a starting QB anymore, therefore he is not even applicable in this discussion.

The irony here is that the only valid point of your arguement is Sam Bradford.
    Thank you Ramendola 16 for your breakdown on the QB's mentioned above.

Fortune stats only present a part of the story. If you really feel that Ponder and Cam have clearly faired better this year than the past year then there is not point in having this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Hey PA, If i take the word Bash"er" and look at you and the rest of us who offer our voice to areas whereby Bradford can use some improvement, Basher is the wrong term. Realist may be much more applicable. By pointing out areas of improvement for Sam, it does not mean one is not s suppporter, a basher or anything else deragatory. IMO it is the same as criticizing any other player on the team for areas of improvement.

The Rams just finished a season that has given us hope. We did not win the division nor make it as a wild card entrant. We did not have a winning season. I am hopeful but far from satisfied. I want to see us in the post season NOW. This means the team needs to improve across the board, including the play of our esteemed QB. Making the observations on areas of improvement is a natural and honest way for fans in looking at a team.

macrammer ( Not a Bradford or RAM BASHER but fan that looks at the team in a realistic and open minded perspective)
    Realist I do not agree. Every QB in this league has faults. For example, Brady most effective in the pocket and picking defenses apart. When teams apply pressure to his comfort zone I have seen Brady come unglued. Same for all the other QB's in the league. So a realist would consider Bradfords strengths and weaknesses and understand that the position for most seasons will be challenging since you know opponents number one goal is to stop the run and make the QB very uncomfortable.

Go Rams

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    Considering he also rushed for 14 TD's his rookie year, I can hardly see why this year was better.

When your coach adds almost 200 more passing attempts, I'd hope the stats would look better. Let's not forget that he had a 2000 yard rusher to take the pressure off him.

Given everything that happened in his actual sophomore year, I've always believed that this year was his "true" sophomore year. People asked for improvement, and they got it. 3700 yards and 21 TD's puts him right near Tom Brady's third year as a starter. Is there room for improvement? Of course. Until we go 19-0, there's always something to fix. But I believe unfair blame is being thrown on Sammy. Then again, he is the QB, so I guess it comes with the title.

Even if you think Cam's rookie season was better statistically, my point is, there was not enough of a significant drop off to suggest a sophomore slump.

As for Ponder, I would've thought that I would not have to argue a point, that if a man who improves in just about every major statistical category and helps his team win 7 more games than they did last year, he's obviously had no sophomore slump.

But I stand corrected.

And by the way, Adrian Petersen played for Minnesota last year also, for those who've forgotten.

As for Sammy, I believe I've already agreed that he had a sophomore slump.

Maybe you should be addressing Crazyhorns with your commentary.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -12-31-2012 at 03:27 PM.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bradwill View Post
    Wilson just finished his rookie year with a QB rating of 100 and tied Peyton Manning's 26 TD rookie mark. Seems like a helluva QB to me, especially for a rookie.
    not what i was getting at

i was talking about QBs being the sole reason why a team turned around
    he was not

Even if you think Cam's rookie season was better statistically, my point is, there was not enough of a significant drop off to suggest a sophomore slump.

As for Ponder, I would've thought that I would not have to argue a point, that if a man who improves in just about every major statistical category and helps his team win 7 more games than they did last year, he's obviously had no sophomore slump.

But I stand corrected.

And by the way, Adrian Petersen played for Minnesota last year also, for those who've forgotten.

As for Sammy, I believe I've already agreed that he had a sophomore slump.

Maybe you should be addressing Crazyhorns with your commentary.
    Again you maybe the only man on earth who believes that Ponder and Cam have not dropped off this year. Ponder did not play all year and I believe Peterson was injured in the Redskins game last year. So I would hope Ponders numbers have improved but you can not take away the games he had less than 100 passing yards and 3 or more INT. WOnder what thoughts you would have if Bradford put those numbers up more than a couple of times this year?

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Here is something interesting about Sam Bradford: HE IS THE MOST IMPROVED QB IN THE NFL here is a recent article from ESPN insider Vince Verhei:

Worse than his standard statistics made him look: Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins
    Griffin led the league in yards per pass with a higher completion rate and half as many interceptions as Wilson, which may have you wondering how on earth Wilson finished higher in our rankings. Strength of schedule is part of it. Wilson had to endure the brutal NFC West defenses, while Griffin's schedule was somewhat easier than average. Without opponent adjustments, Griffin's DVOA was five points higher than Wilson's; with them, it was three points lower. Also, Griffin's yardage total was skewed by a small number of very big plays. Many of his completions were actually dink-and-dunk plays. All told, 27 percent of his completions failed to gain meaningful yardage toward a new set of downs. Of the 27 quarterbacks with at least 200 completions, only Jay Cutler, Weeden and Christian Ponder had a higher share of dump-offs and checkdowns.

Most improved: Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams
    One year ago we listed Bradford under "biggest decline," but he took many steps forward in his third season. He finished 16th in passing DYAR after finishing 39th as a rookie and 43rd in 2011. Bradford averaged more yards and touchdowns per pass than ever before, and like Wilson, he had to play against the nasty defenses of the NFC West.

Three surprising players from Week 17
    Sam Bradford, QB, St. Louis
    With opponent adjustments, this was Bradford's best game of the year and a good omen for 2013. Bradford wasn't sacked by the Seahawks and his only interception came on his last throw of the game in a somewhat desperate situation. He finished 25-of-42 for 252 yards with a touchdown. He was best on throws up the middle, going 10-of-14 for 98 yards and five first downs, including the touchdown.
    take it for what it is...I am just confident that Sam (not russel wilson not andrew luck not RGIII) Bradford is the QB that is going to lead us to many victories next year

And the thread was made to prove a point barring injuries SAM is out starting QB opening night so instead of debating his abilities or comparing him to other qbs we should be debating about how to improve the talent around him.
    Rambos likes this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Bradford sux.
    Rambos and Ram187 like this.

Could not agree more BarronWade
    BarronWade likes this.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I am posting in a Sam Bradford thread.
    BarronWade likes this.

I'll bet no one here agrees this was Sam's best game of the year. That statement alone renders that ratings system worthless.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

I'll bet no one here agrees this was Sam's best game of the year. That statement alone renders that ratings system worthless.
    I would mark as one of his top 2, with the Washington game being the other. He went in to a vicious environment against the hottest team in football and nearly pulled out a winner. I would like to point out that until the game's final pass, he had a higher passer rating than both Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers did in their respective games against the Seahawks. Essentially, he outperformed them in the same scenario with a worse supporting cast.

So no, the ratings system is hardly worthless. Stats don't tell the whole story, but they're as valid as anything else we have to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    I would mark as one of his top 2, with the Washington game being the other. He went in to a vicious environment against the hottest team in football and nearly pulled out a winner. I would like to point out that until the game's final pass, he had a higher passer rating than both Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers did in their respective games against the Seahawks. Essentially, he outperformed them in the same scenario with a worse supporting cast.

So no, the ratings system is hardly worthless. Stats don't tell the whole story, but they're as valid as anything else we have to go on.
    Well, like I've said time and time again, I couldn't care less what any other QB has done in Seattle. It is irrelevant.

I could argue that at least Sammy's had the benefit of playing there twice before, but even that is not worth pointing out in this instance because my arguement is not about games played in Seattle.

My arguement is not necessarily about this particular game. It is more about "TYPICAL BRADFORD PERFORMANCES IN GENERAL."

Nothing special, just a regular old run of the mill QB performance, for which he's had too many of to suit my taste.

And there's nothing you, Crazyhorns, Rambos, Mike or Avenger can say, to change that.

So can we move on please?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast