Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Dear Bradford Bashers...

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

OK lets move on.

But it seemed you had some kind of agenda?

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

I don't think there's much evidence whether Bradford is what he needs to be or not (I'm afraid he'll never be what he was billed as when drafted IMHO), to remain the Rams QB of the future. Next year is the 'fiscal cliff' for Bradford IMO. No more excuses ((e.g. new HCs; no weapons; new OCs; sun got in his eyes in the Dome). Put up or shut up. It will be interesting to see what the Rams FA; Draft; and present roster players (e.g. Davis) say about their thought process.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    I don't think there's much evidence whether Bradford is what he needs to be or not (I'm afraid he'll never be what he was billed as when drafted IMHO), to remain the Rams QB of the future. Next year is the 'fiscal cliff' for Bradford IMO. No more excuses ((e.g. new HCs; no weapons; new OCs; sun got in his eyes in the Dome). Put up or shut up. It will be interesting to see what the Rams FA; Draft; and present roster players (e.g. Davis) say about their thought process.
    So what you are saying we have taken care of all these excuses. Who did we sign over the weekend?

On our roster we have three receivers:

Pettis
    Givens
    Quick

What weapons did we sign I did not see any new signings?
    Alpha_Male likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    So what you are saying we have taken care of all these excuses. Who did we sign over the weekend?

On our roster we have three receivers:

Pettis
    Givens
    Quick

What weapons did we sign I did not see any new signings?
    I am assuming that if the Rams decide that Bradford needs some weapons they'll handle that in the off-season (e.g. FAs; Draft), but perhaps you don't believe they will. However, in any event if Bradford sucks next year then either the Rams need to move on because he isn't capable of getting it done or he needs to move on because you and his other cheerleaders (not using the word pejoratively) could appropriately say that he's not getting any help from his team. Problem is, where's he gonna go if either of the above happens (his resume's been harmed the last couple of years).

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Are you still trying to suggest that Austin Davis could be competition for Bradford?

I am assuming that if the Rams decide that Bradford needs some weapons they'll handle that in the off-season (e.g. FAs; Draft), but perhaps you don't believe they will. However, in any event if Bradford sucks next year then either the Rams need to move on because he isn't capable of getting it done or he needs to move on because you and his other cheerleaders (not using the word pejoratively) could appropriately say that he's not getting any help from his team. Problem is, where's he gonna go if either of the above happens (his resume's been harmed the last couple of years).
    Thats not what you said in your post.... Bradford IMO. No more excuses ((e.g. new HCs; no weapons; new OCs; sun got in his eyes in the Dome).

You did not say amusing anything.

The second part of your post I'm confused are you saying if the Rams feel he has enough talent on the offense and if he can't get us into the playoffs or win the SB. Then next year he's done?

(his resume's been harmed the last couple of years).

Do you really think he had a bad year this year? He has harmed his resume this year how so? Please explain what you saw in his numbers to feel he took another step back?

Honestly, yes! If you have any other suggestions (e.g. Clemens) let me know, but the kid hasn't even had a chance and unless you think he stunk it up in the pre-season (he didn't btw), which is his only meaningful body of work because the Rams couldn't and/or wouldn't give him a shot in the regular season even when they were mathematically eliminated (e.g. bruise someone's ego). If you think his pre-season was aweful I'd love to see your rationale.

Ram187 is offline Registered User

My take on this, since my post was deleted by AV. And I also had other mods post on it. Whatever! I was not bashing Sam, first and foremost! I was stating is he the right man for the job? Will he bring us to the playoffs? I will not even think about SB at this time, because we are rebuilding. He threw an INT last play of our season and thats not the 1st one this year. Ok I can live with mistakes, it's part of life. All I was saying is he our future? Do I want him to grow and succeed as a Ram? Of course. I also wished not a big wish that he got hurt and Austin played. Just to get Sam motivated. I am Ram fan forever and I will support the decision's of Fisher and Sneed. But when is Sam going to show up? No more excuses!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Thats not what you said in your post.... Bradford IMO. No more excuses ((e.g. new HCs; no weapons; new OCs; sun got in his eyes in the Dome).

You did not say amusing anything.

The second part of your post I'm confused are you saying if the Rams feel he has enough talent on the offense and if he can't get us into the playoffs or win the SB. Then next year he's done?

(his resume's been harmed the last couple of years).

Do you really think he had a bad year this year? He has harmed his resume this year how so? Please explain what you saw in his numbers to feel he took another step back?
    Perhaps you've heard the ole saying 'Figures don't lie.....!' Now, since I was told by someone in response to my post to 'do my own research,' I thought I'd afford the privilege to others as well, so here ya go buckaroo! Run a spread sheet, using the starters from all of the NFL teams, and see what pops up!

NFL Players
    Last edited by TorontoRam; -01-02-2013 at 01:13 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Ram187 View Post
    My take on this, since my post was deleted by AV. And I also had other mods post on it. Whatever! I was not bashing Sam, first and foremost! I was stating is he the right man for the job? Will he bring us to the playoffs? I will not even think about SB at this time, because we are rebuilding. He threw an INT last play of our season and thats not the 1st one this year. Ok I can live with mistakes, it's part of life. All I was saying is he our future? Do I want him to grow and succeed as a Ram? Of course. I also wished not a big wish that he got hurt and Austin played. Just to get Sam motivated. I am Ram fan forever and I will support the decision's of Fisher and Sneed. But when is Sam going to show up? No more excuses!
    I didn't delete your posts, I simply closed the thread as (1) you posted it in the wrong forum, and (2) there are already several threads covering the topic on the correct forum.

Thanks for your input.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Honestly, yes! If you have any other suggestions (e.g. Clemens) let me know, but the kid hasn't even had a chance and unless you think he stunk it up in the pre-season (he didn't btw), which is his only meaningful body of work because the Rams couldn't and/or wouldn't give him a shot in the regular season even when they were mathematically eliminated (e.g. bruise someone's ego). If you think his pre-season was aweful I'd love to see your rationale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram187 View Post
    How does a guy have a bad year when he put up those numbers? Sam had a higher QBR than 3 playoff QBs (andy dalton, Chris Ponder, and Joe Flacco)...Bradford also played against tough NFC West Defenses... I think people are spoiled these days by watching kids like Luck and RG3 and Wilson do what they do fact is sometimes it takes time

Here are 3rd year stats from 3 QBs

Player A: 16games 3,702yrds 21TDs 17 turnovers 82.6 passer rating 59.5 comp%
    Player B: 16games 3,244yrds 24TDs 25turnovers 77.0 passer rating 57.7%
    Player C: 15games 3,513yrds 18TDs 26turnovers 75.4 passer rating 59.7%

One of them is 2-time superbowl MVP, THe other is a 2-time superbowl winner, and the other one is Sam Bradford can you tell me who is who?

Sam Bradford is the the most improved QB this season of corse more consistency would be good but he guy has shown laser sharp accuracy at times and he is young and improving

There is a reason Clemens and Davis sit on the bench and Bradford starts

Threw an INT on the last play of the game; its a damn desperation heave what would u rather have him do just give up and take a sack or throw the ball out of bounds?

And Sam has shown up time and time again I guess you guys didnt see those ***** and Bills games where he needed to lead drives or even that washington game...Maybe you guys havnt seen those goaline routes that Pettis has caught in tight windows IDK

The guy is young and improving which means he is the future; you give up on a young qb when he starts to regress and make the same mistakes over and over again example Mark Sanchez.

I don't want Bradford to fail, but I'm not overly impressed with his performance to date, given his billing and salary when drafted. If not now when? If not next year never? I avoided the obvious comment about Bradford taking a sack rather than throwing the pass, since it's been said that he flopped a few too many times in 2012 in similar situations. However, if this link works (I don't know if it will) here's some information to consider:
    Quarterback power rankings: The big three dominate - NFL.com

live4ramin is offline Registered User

I too am impatient with Sam, but the fact remains that the guy gets smeered on almost every passing down. I think he takes bigger hits than Warner did.

Give the guy a fair chance and get him some blocking. Our recievers and runners get better then too.
    "The horror"

OK help me a bit more.

What type of numbers do you think our staring QB should have? And that's any QB you want to start.

You must have an idea right? You tell me how many TDs, INTs. Yards and RAT you think is good and I will come back with the list of QBs that fit the bill.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Austin Davis spent his time in the preseason playing against 3rd, 4th and 5th stringers and managed 0 TDs, 1 int and a 70.7 QB rating.

After playing a fulll season of first string NFL defenses, Bradford had a QB rating of 82.6. Against vastly better quality opposition, Bradford did better

To make the comparison fair, lets at least compare Davis' preseason with Bradford's. Bradford had a preseason where he threw 5 TDs, 0 ints and finished with a rating 116.3.

It's not even close

Just think about it. If Davis was even remotely anywhere near as good as Bradford, he wouldn't be third on the depth chart behind Bradford and Clemons. Coach Fisher wants to win in the NFL. And that's why Davis isn't anywhere near the field.
    GolfnRAMFAN likes this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast