throwback week

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Dear Bradford Bashers...

citr92 is offline Registered User

Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

while i think austin davis will be a decent quarterback someday...yea, he's 3rd on the chart for a reason, first off he's a rookie...not as experienced as bradford despite him finishing his 3rd year, that's still a lot of experience

second of all, yea, against lower competition, although i liked his play, he didn't do as well as bradford did against starting competition

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Austin Davis spent his time in the preseason playing against 3rd, 4th and 5th stringers and managed 0 TDs, 1 int and a 70.7 QB rating.

After playing a fulll season of first string NFL defenses, Bradford had a QB rating of 82.6. Against vastly better quality opposition, Bradford did better

To make the comparison fair, lets at least compare Davis' preseason with Bradford's. Bradford had a preseason where he threw 5 TDs, 0 ints and finished with a rating 116.3.

It's not even close

Just think about it. If Davis was even remotely anywhere near as good as Bradford, he wouldn't be third on the depth chart behind Bradford and Clemons. Coach Fisher wants to win in the NFL. And that's why Davis isn't anywhere near the field.
    Well lets give Johnny Hekker a shot he has a 158.3 RAT and he can punt too... The second coming of Danny White

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Wow . . Danny White! Not heard that name in bloody years!

Showing your age Mr Rambos!
    Rambos and RockinRam like this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Why's this thread still going on? I know you're reading this Avenger.

BRADFORD STILL SUX.

#TimTebowTime2013
    UK Ramfan 83 and Tampa_Ram like this.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram187 View Post
    My take on this, since my post was deleted by AV. And I also had other mods post on it. Whatever! I was not bashing Sam, first and foremost! I was stating is he the right man for the job? Will he bring us to the playoffs? I will not even think about SB at this time, because we are rebuilding. He threw an INT last play of our season and thats not the 1st one this year. Ok I can live with mistakes, it's part of life. All I was saying is he our future? Do I want him to grow and succeed as a Ram? Of course. I also wished not a big wish that he got hurt and Austin played. Just to get Sam motivated. I am Ram fan forever and I will support the decision's of Fisher and Sneed. But when is Sam going to show up? No more excuses!
    I am pretty sure you are literally the only "Rams fan" on the planet that wished, even if not a big wish, that Sam got hurt so Davis could get some run. Complete nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    I don't want Bradford to fail, but I'm not overly impressed with his performance to date, given his billing and salary when drafted. If not now when? If not next year never? I avoided the obvious comment about Bradford taking a sack rather than throwing the pass, since it's been said that he flopped a few too many times in 2012 in similar situations. However, if this link works (I don't know if it will) here's some information to consider:

Quarterback power rankings: The big three dominate - NFL.com
    These power rankings lost all credibility when they said Phil Rivers was not at the bottom. Did this guy completely miss how pathetic he was this season? If anybody has any friends that are Charger fans, ask them who they would rather have, Sam or Phil?

I certainly don't take some guy putting QB's into random tiers as information. Anybody can do it...

My Tiers:
    Top: Brady, Manning, Rodgers
    Middle: everybody else, sorted in some fashion
    Trash pile: Blaine Gabbert

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by GolfnRAMFAN View Post
    I am pretty sure you are literally the only "Rams fan" on the planet that wished, even if not a big wish, that Sam got hurt so Davis could get some run. Complete nonsense!
    Yeah, I'm not sure I understand that kind of "thinking".

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GolfnRAMFAN View Post
    These power rankings lost all credibility when they said Phil Rivers was not at the bottom. Did this guy completely miss how pathetic he was this season? If anybody has any friends that are Charger fans, ask them who they would rather have, Sam or Phil?

I certainly don't take some guy putting QB's into random tiers as information. Anybody can do it...

My Tiers:
    Top: Brady, Manning, Rodgers
    Middle: everybody else, sorted in some fashion
    Trash pile: Blaine Gabbert
    Suggestion: play more golf and do less analysis. ESPN won't be calling you for commentary. So, Luck, Kapernick, Wilson and RGIII aren't as good as Brady, Manning (which one?), and Rodgers (in case you didn't get the memo the Saints aren't in the Playoffs). The 19th hole hasn't been your friend, my friend, IMHO!

Gotta ask. You're visual signature suggests that you're a golfer. Take a gander at the other 'golfers' post later in this thread. I assume that you're not posting under two names or else you're in deep doo doo. BTW I gotta ask also Tim Tebow Time 2013? For whom? NFL Iceland?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

and Rodgers (in case you didn't get the memo the Saints aren't in the Playoffs).
    Not sure about the memo or what Rodgers has to do with the Saints not making the playoffs, especially since he plays for the Packers, who won the North, and are in the playoffs.
    HUbison and GolfnRAMFAN like this.

Suggestion: play more golf and do less analysis. ESPN won't be calling you for commentary. So, Luck, Kapernick, Wilson and RGIII aren't as good as Brady, Manning (which one?), and Rodgers (in case you didn't get the memo the Saints aren't in the Playoffs). The 19th hole hasn't been your friend, my friend, IMHO!
    Correct, I do plan on spending more time golfing than analyzing football. Correct, espn won't be calling me. Correct, Luck, Kapernick, Wilson and RG3 aren't as good as Brady, Manning, or Rodgers... QB1- Green Bay Packers

What am I missing here??

RealRam is offline Registered User

Okay now. Going on page seven!

Gotta start a poll / poll thread to see consensus on whether AV is following this one or not.

"Poll! ... Poll! ... Poll!"

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Gotta ask. You're visual signature suggests that you're a golfer. Take a gander at the other 'golfers' post later in this thread. I assume that you're not posting under two names or else you're in deep doo doo. BTW I gotta ask also Tim Tebow Time 2013? For whom? NFL Iceland?
    Are you saying you don't support #TimTebowTime2013?

You my friend are not a true Rams fan.
    GolfnRAMFAN likes this.

emuen is offline Registered User

I'm a Craig Dahl supporter, and Fisher agrees with me!
    UK Ramfan 83 and Tampa_Ram like this.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Not sure about the memo or what Rodgers has to do with the Saints not making the playoffs, especially since he plays for the Packers, who won the North, and are in the playoffs.
    I misspoke. My bad. I'm sorry for doing that. You're correct. I should have focused on Brees.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast