Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 91 to 105 of 105
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Dear Bradford Bashers...

  1. #91
    TorontoRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

    Quote Originally Posted by GolfnRAMFAN View Post
    Correct, I do plan on spending more time golfing than analyzing football. Correct, espn won't be calling me. Correct, Luck, Kapernick, Wilson and RG3 aren't as good as Brady, Manning, or Rodgers... QB1- Green Bay Packers

    What am I missing here??
    Forget what you're missing there? You don't want to hear my candid answer. However, I'd love to hear your rationale other than the fact that perhaps you don't like rookies. I'd say any QB who has led his team to the playoffs is very good and at the end of the day we'll see how the playoffs turn out. In the meantime enjoy the 19th hole but don't try to drive home afterwards.


  2. #92
    TorontoRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Are you saying you don't support #TimTebowTime2013?

    You my friend are not a true Rams fan.
    You didn't answer my questions about Tim-T-Bow Time (What is it? and for whom is he going to play (read start) next year?). Also, there's a new QBR (adjusted). It's interesting especially for those who don't appreciate the historical one:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...n-adjusted-qbr

    Last edited by TorontoRam; -01-03-2013 at 12:53 PM.

  3. #93
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,079
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    You didn't answer my questions about Tim-T-Bow Time (What is it? and for whom is he going to play (read start) next year?). Also, there's a new QBR (adjusted). It's interesting especially for those who don't appreciate the historical one:

    Wilson, Bradford gain in adjusted QBR - NFC West Blog - ESPN

    Wait. Actually I change my mind. Mark Sanchez is probably being released from the Jets. We should sign Sanchez to replace Bradford. He is multitudes better than Bradford.

    #DemSanchizeBoyz
    #Sancheeze & Crackers

  4. #94
    UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    708
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

    Quote Originally Posted by emuen View Post
    I'm a Craig Dahl supporter, and Fisher agrees with me!
    Hilarious!!!

  5. #95
    Bald_81's Avatar
    Bald_81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    25
    Posts
    894
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

    Let me preface this by saying that I am a huge believer in Sam. Having some continuity and consistency for the first time in three seasons should be beneficial for him. With that being said...

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The bottom line is that there is no argument to be had here. Sam's supporters have already won, because Jeff Fisher agrees with us. Deal with it.
    What an asinine statement. It's very easy to use that rationale when you're in support of Sam but if that wasn't the case it wouldn't even be mentioned.

    I imagine a large majority of Dallas Cowboys fans are upset with Tony Romo due to his perpetual failures and inability to get them into the playoffs the last two seasons when presented with a 'win and you're in' match up. Despite these shortcomings, the coaching staff and front office have come out and said they want to make re-signing him to an extension a priority. So because they're behind him, Cowboys fans shouldn't be allowed to voice their displeasure despite all his previous failures? Ok.

    That's what being a fan is. Whether you agree or disagree with a team's moves in the draft, free agency, coaching, etc., you are still a fan first and foremost.

    If we just blindly follow and agree with everything a team does, then these boards would be a very dull place.

    /rant

  6. #96
    GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    321
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    Forget what you're missing there? You don't want to hear my candid answer. However, I'd love to hear your rationale other than the fact that perhaps you don't like rookies. I'd say any QB who has led his team to the playoffs is very good and at the end of the day we'll see how the playoffs turn out. In the meantime enjoy the 19th hole but don't try to drive home afterwards.
    Ill at least bring this conversation back to Sam.

    I have nothing against the younger players we mentioned, but would I rather have Sam or Kaepernick, I'll take Sam. Vs. Wilson, I'll still take Sam, however if Wilson doesn't have a sophomore slump, then that is certainly going to be a tough team to play for many years. Vs. RG3, same as Wilson, he needs more of a body of work IMO.

    It seems lots of people here are quick to forget how good Sam was his rookie year. And now those same folks assume that these other rookies having great seasons are simply better players than Sam. I am not one of those people. I think that by the end of year 4 and 5, everybody is going to realize what a talent we have at QB.

  7. #97
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,480
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

    For me, it's really quite simple.

    Sam Bradford has nearly everything you want in a franchise QB - size, arm strength, accuracy, mobility, leadership ability, intelligence. The physical and mental skills are all there, and we've seen flashes of them on the field.

    The Rams have struggled to put a competitive offensive team around Bradford, but now appear to slowly be working their way towards that. And you can see the results in Sam's improved performance this season. This season, he set new career highs in touchdowns, touchdown percentage, longest pass, yards per game, QB rating, QBR (if that's your fancy), and both fourth-quarter comebacks and game-winning drives. He also met a career best in yards per completion, and came up only 0.5% below his career best season completion percentage.

    I think the evidence is clear - when he has pieces to work with, he performs. The protection improve this season, we saw some weapons begin to emerge, and it showed in what Sam was able to do. If the Rams continue to improve their protection, specifically at weak points at left guard and right tackle, and continue to add better weapons around Sam, such as a true #1 receiver or better utilization/personnel at the tight end position, there's no reason to think he won't continue to improve and grow, especially as he gains more familiarity with the same offense for more than one season.

    The guy isn't perfect, and deserves to take his lumps when he makes a mistake. But fair is fair, and if you're going to criticize him for the bad, then you also have to praise him for the good. And to me, there's been a lot of good this season and a lot of reason to be in Sam's corner going forward as our franchise quarterback.

  8. #98
    NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,247
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    For me, it's really quite simple.

    Sam Bradford has nearly everything you want in a franchise QB - size, arm strength, accuracy, mobility, leadership ability, intelligence. The physical and mental skills are all there, and we've seen flashes of them on the field.

    The Rams have struggled to put a competitive offensive team around Bradford, but now appear to slowly be working their way towards that. And you can see the results in Sam's improved performance this season. This season, he set new career highs in touchdowns, touchdown percentage, longest pass, yards per game, QB rating, QBR (if that's your fancy), and both fourth-quarter comebacks and game-winning drives. He also met a career best in yards per completion, and came up only 0.5% below his career best season completion percentage.

    I think the evidence is clear - when he has pieces to work with, he performs. The protection improve this season, we saw some weapons begin to emerge, and it showed in what Sam was able to do. If the Rams continue to improve their protection, specifically at weak points at left guard and right tackle, and continue to add better weapons around Sam, such as a true #1 receiver or better utilization/personnel at the tight end position, there's no reason to think he won't continue to improve and grow, especially as he gains more familiarity with the same offense for more than one season.

    The guy isn't perfect, and deserves to take his lumps when he makes a mistake. But fair is fair, and if you're going to criticize him for the bad, then you also have to praise him for the good. And to me, there's been a lot of good this season and a lot of reason to be in Sam's corner going forward as our franchise quarterback.
    Very well stated. I'm in complete agreement. And not for nothing- look around the league. There's maybe 8-10 other guys that you'd definitely take over Bradford. A couple others are debatable. The rest are garbage- Blaine Gabbert, Lindley, Cassel, Weeden, Sanchez, Fitzpatrick, etc.

  9. #99
    QuinnMan's Avatar
    QuinnMan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Are you saying you don't support #TimTebowTime2013?

    You my friend are not a true Rams fan.
    We will Rally behind Tim tebow and we will Pray for good football!
    Tampa_Ram and RockinRam like this.

  10. #100
    TorontoRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

    [QUOTE=Nick;451011]For me, it's really quite simple.

    Sam Bradford has nearly everything you want in a franchise QB - size, arm strength, accuracy, mobility, leadership ability, intelligence. The physical and mental skills are all there, and we've seen flashes of them on the field.

    You listed many of the tangible and intangible skills that very good QBs have. I'd take issue with his accuracy (check his stats), mobility (another RGIII or Kapernick eh!), leadership ability (How do you know much less quantify that? It usually corelates to championships.), intelligtence (Really? Perhaps that explains all of the sacks/NFL's most, rather than throwing the ball away and the admitted issues he's had with check-downs). In addition, what's your take on his pocket awareness (see sacks/NFL's most note)? I'm saying that he's good, but great doesn't jump out at me as a descriptor at this point. BTW, none of the aforementioned make him a 'bad' QB, but IMHO he's got a ways to go to prove that he's worth the pick and the $$$$$. I hope he proves his worth, because if not we're in for another long season in 2013. If so, I'll be one of the first to acknowledge that my scepticism was unwarranted.

  11. #101
    UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    708
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

    Wow 7 pages AV!!

    i guess we are having fun with it!
    PARamfan likes this.

  12. #102
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,391
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

    Quote Originally Posted by UK Ramfan 83 View Post
    Wow 7 pages AV!!

    i guess we are having fun with it!
    Yes, B U T ... is AV watching the Bradford bashing bulimia here?

    Okay now. Going on page seven!

    Gotta start a poll / poll thread to see consensus on whether AV is following this one or not.

    "Poll! ... Poll! ... Poll!"

    --RealRam, 1 day ago.
    Last edited by RealRam; -01-04-2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Format

  13. #103
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,391
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

    Tell you what though ... yesterday when I saw Fliptalian's neat Highlight video of Rams 2012, I felt good seeing some of Sammy's strengths in action as opposed to only dwelling on his weaknesses as we sometimes have the tendency to do out of defeat and despair.

    Have a good feeling about Bradford and 2013.

  14. #104
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,138
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

    Bernie provides his large thoughts on Sam Bradford's play in the 2012 season

    101ESPN.com: Audio Player - BLT

  15. #105
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,530
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Dear Bradford Bashers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    For me, it's really quite simple.

    Sam Bradford has nearly everything you want in a franchise QB - size, arm strength, accuracy, mobility, leadership ability, intelligence. The physical and mental skills are all there, and we've seen flashes of them on the field.

    The Rams have struggled to put a competitive offensive team around Bradford, but now appear to slowly be working their way towards that. And you can see the results in Sam's improved performance this season. This season, he set new career highs in touchdowns, touchdown percentage, longest pass, yards per game, QB rating, QBR (if that's your fancy), and both fourth-quarter comebacks and game-winning drives. He also met a career best in yards per completion, and came up only 0.5% below his career best season completion percentage.

    I think the evidence is clear - when he has pieces to work with, he performs. The protection improve this season, we saw some weapons begin to emerge, and it showed in what Sam was able to do. If the Rams continue to improve their protection, specifically at weak points at left guard and right tackle, and continue to add better weapons around Sam, such as a true #1 receiver or better utilization/personnel at the tight end position, there's no reason to think he won't continue to improve and grow, especially as he gains more familiarity with the same offense for more than one season.

    The guy isn't perfect, and deserves to take his lumps when he makes a mistake. But fair is fair, and if you're going to criticize him for the bad, then you also have to praise him for the good. And to me, there's been a lot of good this season and a lot of reason to be in Sam's corner going forward as our franchise quarterback.

    This is probably the most accurate post I've ever seen about Sam. Any discussions/bashing/doubts about Bradford this off-season this post should be cut and pasted as a response.
    RealRam and NJ Ramsfan1 like this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Similar Threads

  1. Bulger Bashers!
    By GROUND DOG 39 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: -05-27-2009, 06:24 PM
  2. To the Martz bashers
    By txramsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: -10-11-2005, 07:00 AM
  3. How the "Warner Bashers" Really Feel
    By AvengerRam in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: -12-30-2004, 04:16 AM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: -09-11-2004, 10:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •