Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Goldenfleece

Thread: DeCosta a no go.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

DeCosta a no go.

Ravens Eirc DeCosta Not Going Anywhere

by Ryan Van Bibber on Jan 6, 2012 9:28 AM PST in St. Louis Rams GM Search
    Gail Burton - APMore photos
    over 2 years ago: From left, Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh, first round draft pick Michael Oher, general manager Ozzie Newsome and director of player personnel Eric DeCosta smile during a news conference Sunday, April 26, 2009, in Owings Mills, Md. The Ravens traded up in the first round of the NFL draft to get Oher at No. 23 on Saturday. (AP Photo/Gail Burton)

Baltimore Ravens Director of Player Personnel Eric DeCosta has been one of the hotter names for teams looking to replace their General Managers. The St. Louis Rams were one of several teams that requested permission to interview DeCosta, but they won't get that opportunity. The Ravens announced today that DeCosta will stay with the team, declining all interviews.
    Why teams would want DeCosta is no mystery. He's been part of a Ravens organization that has thrived on good drafts. One of his more notable accomplishments was pushing for Terrell Suggs, a player other teams had written off because of his timed speed. Little wonder that he'd be high on the list for teams, since the GMs getting fired have all been burned in large part by their poor drafting.
    Incumbent Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome has been pretty clear all along that DeCosta is his successor. On Wednesday, we said that Baltimore was likely to keep him for that very reason, and today Albert Breer reports that DeCosta has a contract that would make him the next GM in Baltimore.

The Rams currently have six candidates that they are known to be interested in for the GM job: Joey Clinkscales, Jets; Brian Gaine, Miami; Ryan Grigson, Philly; Steve Kein, Arizona; Les Snead, Atlanta; and Tom Telesco, Indianapolis.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: DeCosta a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    The Rams currently have six candidates that they are known to be interested in for the GM job: Joey Clinkscales, Jets; Brian Gaine, Miami; Ryan Grigson, Philly; Steve Kein, Arizona; Les Snead, Atlanta; and Tom Telesco, Indianapolis.
    Wow, there's seriously a front office guy named Clinkscales? That's awesome.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Disappointing news really. Of those teams listed I'd say DeCosta probably came from the team with the best drafts. Atlanta isn't too bad but I don't know anything about this Kein fella.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

DeCosta would be my first choice, but behind him is Telesco. I hope we can get him!
    I believe!