Thread: Defense

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Defense

Or lack of it. I don't even know where to start with this, but this passive "Bend Don't Break" D is killing me.

The problem is they are breaking down hard and it's not getting any better.

Will Vitt put in his plans and over rule Marmie? I doubt it .
    I really think they need to go to a basic scheme and blitz more.

What happened to the scheme they used against Detroit?
    I know it was only pre-season , but it looked a lot better than any scheme that's been used in a regular season game so far.

The front four seem to be over pursuing as usual, the LB's are not stuffing the run consistently, the DB's look like high school freshmen, and the safeties are not playing consistent.

My take is there is no discipline on this team. That comes from coaching and the veteran players.

That's the first thing that needs to get fixed before anything else.

As for the scheme, why not try mixing it up a little. Go to a 3-4 base vs run oriented teams (aints). Move Little to LB and put in DLew on the end. Rotate Arch in and out as a LB, let Furrey play SS, and give OJ a chance to show his stuff. Give Bartell some playing time, move Fisher to nickle/dime back.

I don't know, but if we loose to the aints I will be very displeased to say they least.

So who has a fix for this?

JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Defense

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    Or lack of it. I don't even know where to start with this, but this passive "Bend Don't Break" D is killing me.

The problem is they are breaking down hard and it's not getting any better.

Will Vitt put in his plans and over rule Marmie? I doubt it .
    I really think they need to go to a basic scheme and blitz more.

What happened to the scheme they used against Detroit?
    I know it was only pre-season , but it looked a lot better than any scheme that's been used in a regular season game so far.

The front four seem to be over pursuing as usual, the LB's are not stuffing the run consistently, the DB's look like high school freshmen, and the safeties are not playing consistent.

My take is there is no discipline on this team. That comes from coaching and the veteran players.

That's the first thing that needs to get fixed before anything else.

As for the scheme, why not try mixing it up a little. Go to a 3-4 base vs run oriented teams (aints). Move Little to LB and put in DLew on the end. Rotate Arch in and out as a LB, let Furrey play SS, and give OJ a chance to show his stuff. Give Bartell some playing time, move Fisher to nickle/dime back.

I don't know, but if we loose to the aints I will be very displeased to say they least.

So who has a fix for this?
    The problem with the Bend Don't Break defense is that WE STILL BREAK, so running that isn't working. We need to get some of the rookies in there to see what they can do. We need some player changes and Marmie has to go. I'm not even sure that any of this will fix the D. Someone come up with the fix because this is getting ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

If only I could put my Madden 06' RAMS in there...LOL
    5-1, only loss to the Colts.

If only I could put my Madden 06' RAMS in there...LOL
    5-1, only loss to the Colts.

LOL

Oh I beat the Colts in Madden 06 :tongue:

Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

Oh I beat the Colts in Madden 06
    Dam CPU cheated, I had a 21-14 lead with just over 2 min. left in the game, and they returned the kick off for a TD. Then, I was at the Colts 10 with under a minute left; off tackle run for Faulk, he gets hit at the 5, fumbles, they pick it up and run it in for the winning score.

Dam CPU cheated, I had a 21-14 lead with just over 2 min. left in the game, and they returned the kick off for a TD. Then, I was at the Colts 10 with under a minute left; off tackle run for Faulk, he gets hit at the 5, fumbles, they pick it up and run it in for the winning score.
    Isn't that always the way it happens in Madden LOL
    I've had my share of those type of games too.