throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defense

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Defense

Either San Diego is that good or the Rams Defense is plain out poor. We haven't been playing like we should lately.

BigGameHolt Guest

Re: Defense

no kidding

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I think it is a little of both. The Chargers are solid and they are use to putting teams away. Their defense is playing with more intensity than ours. They seem to celebrate every stop, tackle and sack. Our D does not have much to celebrate today....so far at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No Pisa today is not good for the D. :\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is online now Registered User

The name on a thread a couple of days ago included this: 'THE ULTIMATE WEAPON'. Big Charger 21 electrocuted us all day!

LaDainian Tomlison. :x He was just too much, way too much. On the other hand, our defense learned a lesson, I hope.

Also, too bad we couldn't take advantage of Sawks loss today.

What lesson did it learn?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is online now Registered User

How about preparing better for a RB impossible to stop? Ey, Blitz?

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

I hope they learned that because they face Larry Johnson next week!! I cant watch next weeks game.... :'(

mh-i is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever View Post
    I hope they learned that because they face Larry Johnson next week!! I cant watch next weeks game.... :'(
    Johnson is probably foaming at the mouth waiting to get a shot at the Rams D.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Actually, after the first quarter adjustments, I thought the defense did a fine job keeping the Rams in the game, especially if you consider who and where they were playing.

If you take away that fumble return for a touchdown, which was obviously not the defense's fault, I think the game would have ended much differently, and so would the opinions of the defense.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I am unsure on how productive it is playing your linebackers 7 yards deep all the time. They seemed to playing backwards and worried about keeping everything in front of them. To me blitzing would have been a lot more effective today...especially up the middle (tackle to tackle).

The other thing....I don't care what you say Nick. Fisher is a liability. Did he defend a pass today?? He is our weak link period, and much of the reason I believe Haslett is afraid to blitz more.

RamsFan16 Guest

Boys and girls, as much as I'm ticked off, I'm upset about the Defense, but in all reality it takes more than one season to change a Defense. We've changed in one aspect of the defense, and thats getting turnovers, we didn't today but we have been getting them consistently.

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    I am unsure on how productive it is playing your linebackers 7 yards deep all the time. They seemed to playing backwards and worried about keeping everything in front of them. To me blitzing would have been a lot more effective today...especially up the middle (tackle to tackle).

The other thing....I don't care what you say Nick. Fisher is a liability. Did he defend a pass today?? He is our weak link period, and much of the reason I believe Haslett is afraid to blitz more.
    i agree totally with your post and as far as fisher goes he really needs to sit the bench,now i know Nick will spend countless hours defending this guy and thats ok, but he would be better off spending the time with a girlfriend,wife,kids,doing paint by numbers,watching SB34 dvd,raking the leaves,knitting a blanket,walking the dog,or pretty much anything that does not require watching tape and defending travis fisher, since it would be totally senseless and a waste of time.

bruce4life is online now Registered User

i was a fisher fan until today. He just needs to go. Let hill and bartrell play, hell let butler even play. Fisher is getting killed out there. He did play rather well in the slot when he was lined up against gates.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    i agree totally with your post and as far as fisher goes he really needs to sit the bench,now i know Nick will spend countless hours defending this guy and thats ok, but he would be better off spending the time with a girlfriend,wife,kids,doing paint by numbers,watching SB34 dvd,raking the leaves,knitting a blanket,walking the dog,or pretty much anything that does not require watching tape and defending travis fisher, since it would be totally senseless and a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    i was a fisher fan until today. He just needs to go. Let hill and bartrell play, hell let butler even play. Fisher is getting killed out there. He did play rather well in the slot when he was lined up against gates.
    I'm not going to sit here and defend the guy because I didn't watch the game, only listened. So I'm not going to form a concrete opinion on his play until I get a chance to watch the game and see how he actually did.

Maybe he played poorly, maybe he didn't. But he wouldn't have been the only one - I recall Fakhir Brown giving up a big pass on third down in the fourth quarter on a failed blitz, and I recall Will Witherspoon not being able to keep up with LT on a pass route which resulted in a big gain. I recall both OJ Atogwe and Corey Chavous missing key tackles that resulted in touchdowns. LaDainian Tomlinson had 240 total yards and three touchdowns today.

Yet it's Fisher who needs to be singled out and lashed after this performance?

Shame on me for trying to get fans to take a closer look at the real problems with their team rather than jumping on the scapegoat bandwagon. We can't get regular pressure from our front four (five sacks in the last four games by our line), it's a coin flip as to whether or not the blitzes we call will actually result in any pressure on the opposition, we're allowing over 120 rushing yards per game even against second string runners, and week after week it's Travis Fisher that's the problem.

I'm not going to spend another week meticulously analyzing one person's play though. If people want to continue to throw Fisher to the wolves even though the entire defensive unit is coming up short, that's their choice. However, week after week there are guys on that field with more talent that Travis Fisher who aren't getting the job done either. At some point, perhaps someone should call them out by name as well.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast