Thread: Defense

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Defense

I know alot of our problem is with injuries, and an anemic offense, and a coaching staff that couldnt coach a JV team, but alot of you Rammies seem to think that our defense is doing a good job. Are you all insane?

''They single-covered T.O., they single-covered Steve Smith ,'' Edwards said. ''We knew what they were going to do and we took advantage of it.''

That is what a Cleveland Browns reciever said after the game today. Why is Jim Haslett single covering guys like TO and Smith? His scheme is complete garbage. I don't care who we have in the secondary, you should NEVER single cover guys like Steve Smith and TO.

We have no pass rush and no secondary. The only person on this team that plays defense is Will Witherspoon.

This whole staff needs to be fired. We need to face facts; Linehan will be fired andf Haslett will probably take over, which means that we will be losers until he loses the HC job. We are in for a long rebuilding process that wont even begin until after Linehan AND Haslett are gone.

Drew is offline Registered User

Re: Defense

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    I know alot of our problem is with injuries, and an anemic offense, and a coaching staff that couldnt coach a JV team, but alot of you Rammies seem to think that our defense is doing a good job. Are you all insane?

''They single-covered T.O., they single-covered Steve Smith ,'' Edwards said. ''We knew what they were going to do and we took advantage of it.''

That is what a Cleveland Browns reciever said after the game today. Why is Jim Haslett single covering guys like TO and Smith? His scheme is complete garbage. I don't care who we have in the secondary, you should NEVER single cover guys like Steve Smith and TO.

We have no pass rush and no secondary. The only person on this team that plays defense is Will Witherspoon.

This whole staff needs to be fired. We need to face facts; Linehan will be fired andf Haslett will probably take over, which means that we will be losers until he loses the HC job. We are in for a long rebuilding process that wont even begin until after Linehan AND Haslett are gone.
    whilst i havent been as excited about our D this year as a lot have,i do believe that the fact that they have played with far more heart than our O and have performed above what has been expected of them is reason to buy into what Haslett is doing on D....sure the jigsaw isn`t complete yet but theres fewer holes in our D than when Haslett inherited the shambles that we were merely 18 months ago and that to me is the most important sign of how good or bad a coach is!

i currently have Haslett as 3rd on my wishlist for HC,would be interested to hear who you have on yours....?

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

i currently have Haslett as 3rd on my wishlist for HC,would be interested to hear who you have on yours....?
    I'm not sure. Schttenheimer can't win in the playoffs. It took a long long time for Cowher to win the big one with Pittsburgh, but I would have to say I like Bill. Whomever it is, it has to be somebody from outside the organization. Not somebody on our current staff.

blood85 is offline Registered User

I think AC, the rook and WW play defense. It's just that they are overmatched every game, 2 against 11.