Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Defensive holding

Twice called on the Rams????

I guess this is a good way to allow the Bears to score when they were stopped.

How about that fumble that was called an incomplete pass....

Nice.....love the officials....way to call a fair game:x

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Defensive holding

Yea no kidding. I have heard it about 7 times this year on the Rams, and all the other games haven't heard it once.
    RamsFan16

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

How about the refs not stopping the clock on the catch by Ike when we were driving for a TD at the end of the half???? The refs once again did us no favors.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    How about the refs not stopping the clock on the catch by Ike when we were driving for a TD at the end of the half????
    That one was the worst I saw all night. To keep the clock running there pretty much forced us to waste a down with a spike and took away about 12 seconds from the clock, directly affecting our ability to point points on the board.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

DieHard23 is offline Registered User

about the defensive holding, i recall one of the announcers defining it as a defensive lineman trying to hold up an offensive lineman to "advertantly allow another defensive player to make the play." i thought that's what defensive linemen were supposed to do if they cant make the stop.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    That one was the worst I saw all night. To keep the clock running there pretty much forced us to waste a down with a spike and took away about 12 seconds from the clock, directly affecting our ability to point points on the board.
    i would love to hear there reason for not stopping the clock, horrible call by the officals and the grossman fumble was a close second,i think the replay officak blew that one to.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

The defensive hgolding on lineman is a new rule. I have actually seen it in a couple ganes this year its a stupid rule that was made and hopefully will be abolished.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Defensive line holding is like offense line holding....Refs could call it every down. They chose to call it last night at the right time:x

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

What about the roughing the passer call against pisa when he was falling and grabbed grossmans legs?....geez!!! there's gotta be some changes to that rule if its not intentional.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I was really surprised to see them call a roughing the passer for Bulger. He never gets the protection of that rule. They seem to favor certain QBs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playboy37 is offline Registered User

2 bad calls i saw

-the hit on grossman by chillar? the penalty was put in to affect because of palmer, but he was falling down and trying to pull him down, what is this the nba now? this is football come on!!!
    -the hit where curtis got destroyed and they called helmet to helmet, i thought it was a good hit.

blood85 is offline Registered User

I was so ticked off by the no-fumble call. Clearly It was. I still don't get how getting sacked, makes your arm throw a pass foward, that is therefore, an imcomplete pass, had it not been a sack and and his arm was going forward. Confused?? yeah me too.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i just watched the first return for a TD by Hester, and there is the most blatent push in the back on a Rams player. He actually gets pushed over. The worst thing is the guy who was pushed in the back was right in line to tackle, Hester, but when he gets pushed down Hester goes round him and then puts a move on Butler.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Everything was against us Monday Night. The officials, our own stadium, and ESPN. I'll tell ya, ESPN should be ashamed the way they covered that game. They had Obama at the beginning, and then Jim Belushi in the booth screaming for the bears. When the bears scored a touchdown with him in the booth, he was just screaming YES YES GO GO, it was pathetic. You would think they would bring in a celeb who is a fan of the Rams for balance, but no, they don't care about that. All they care about is pushing their favorite teams, reporting whenever TO goes to the bathroom, and trying to get Irvin sober enough to go on the air, which is NOT working. It's just shameful.

STL Football Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    How about that fumble that was called an incomplete pass....
    Thats the worst "changed" call I ever seen. I couldn't believe it. How the heck could you on purpose "throw" a ball sideways? Impossible! The defender caused the arm to move sideways, the QB didn't purposefully make a move to "throw" the ball anywhere! Even if you could conclude he threw it, as the officials apparently did, then where is the intentional grounding call, cause he surely wasn't throwing it to an eligible receiver.

the no stop the clock thing on bruce - I really wonder if the officials even watching whats going on during the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast