Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Depth Chart

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Depth Chart

Here are our starters as they stand today and if we are better, even, or worse at each position.

Offense
    OT Pace - Better (was injured)
    OG Bell - Better (replaces injured Setterstrom)
    C Romberg - Better (was injured)
    OG Incognito - Better (was injured)
    OT Barron - Slightly Better (another year experience and staying at RT)
    QB Bulger - Better (was injured and will be better protected)
    RB Jackson - Slightly Better (another year of experience)
    FB Leonard - Slightly Better (another year of experience)
    TE Mc Michael - Same
    WR Holt -Same
    WR Bennett - Worse (not Bruce but not as bad as last year or some make him out to be)

Offensive count:
    Better 5
    Slightly Better 3
    Same 2
    Worse 1 (This may be addresed in the draft)

Defense
    CB Brown - Better (last year missed games: this assumes he is off drugs)
    DE Hall - Better (played injured)
    DT Carriker - Same (another year of experience but will be recovering from injury)
    DT Ryan - Better (another year of experience)
    DE Little - Better (was injured)
    CB Hill - Better (was injured)
    LB Pisa - Better (was injured)
    MLB Spoon - Same
    LB Draft/Culberson - Same (Draft (100+ tackles Carolina) has proved he is just as good as Chillar)
    FS Atogwe - Same (may still be on upward side of career)
    SS Chavous - Same (I doubt he will get worse this year but he is the weakest link IMO)

Defensive count:
    Better 6
    Same 5

IMO we are better positioned today then we were last year. We still have the 2nd pick in every round of the draft which should help us add two or three significant contributors to this years team. Don't forget the majority of Rams fans had high hopes going into last season and now we have Saunders offense and nearly the same healthy team with the addition of Bell. I really think this team has a shot at the division if we have a good draft.

OVERALL COUNT:
    Better 11
    Slightly Better 3
    Same 7
    Worse 1
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-25-2008 at 09:20 PM.

Ramer is offline Registered User

Re: Depth Chart

I agree with you RamsSB99, I think we will be a much better team this year, especially having that 2nd pick in the draft. We just need to stay healthy this year.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

I love you. I've thought about this before, and knew we werent as bad as people make us out to be. HEALTH IS THE KEY FACTOR!!!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

not sure Brown can be classed as better yet...may turn out he never plays another game in a Rams uni...in general i agree tho and that depth chart is before our Draft picks are added...i cant see us going to the big dance but in a still developing NFC west...we in with a shot at the playoffs!

itsguud is offline Registered User

Can you imagine how much better we'd be if we still had bruce... (explitives) FO... I won't forgive them for letting going a solid number two over 2 mill... never.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Also the special teams might be good. Brown and Donnie Jones are great, and Dante Hall showed flashes of his greatness last year. Now he'll be healthy, and we know Derek Stanley is a more than capable backup.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Hope springs eternal in my world, there is no doubt of that. However I do remember we were supposed to be pretty good last year and umm, er, uh...we had a lot of injuries! Yeah that was it! If our guys do stay healthy we have a chance, I will agree with that!

rams4life88 is offline Registered User

I agree. If you would have told me before last year started that the Rams would finish 3-13, I would have laughed. But seeing as we had SO many injuries. It's hard for even the best teams to overcome. I'm not as pessimistic about our team coming next year especially if we have more depth. Which is another reason why we tanked last year.

Rambos is offline Registered User

TE Mc Michael - Better (Will not have to stay in and block full time)
    WR Bennett - Better (was injured)

How is it Bennett get so slammed, you named all the guys tha where hurt and did not give Bennett the same break. I'm getting sick of all the Bennett bashing lets cut the guy some slack.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Chipper, Moon ... agreed. HEALTH is definitely the ticket for this year and the difference from last year. HUGE difference.

May our warriors be able to fight hard and strong, to battle fiercely without the burden of serious injury this season. A couple of months ago I stated my belief that that kind of lightning -- the one that hit us / fried us in '07 -- simply cannot strike twice in a row.

Depth then ought to play out its role effectively and overall, we should indeed have a BETTER TEAM as listed by SB99!

:bash: GO RAMS!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    TE Mc Michael - Better (Will not have to stay in and block full time)

How is it Bennett get so slammed, you named all the guys that where hurt and did not give Bennett the same break. ...Let's cut the guy some slack.

:l True. We (myself included) need to give Bennett the benefit of doubt this year. Thanks Rambos.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post

How is it Bennett get so slammed, you named all the guys tha where hurt and did not give Bennett the same break. I'm getting sick of all the Bennett bashing lets cut the guy some slack.
    I like Bennett and said he will not be as bad as last year and not as bad as some have said. He was a #1 WR and caught several balls in Tennesse. I am not hating or doubting he will have a good year. As I said his rating of worse was compared to Bruce. I just think Bruce would have been the better WR on the Rams this year. With that said I am glad we moved on from Bruce we can't keep giving out multi year contracts to Bruce when he is getting older and likely more injury prone. Besides I think they will try drafting a WR in the early rounds that can compete with Bennett for the starting job.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-26-2008 at 06:58 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I like Bennett and said he will not be as bad as last year and not as bad as some have said. He was a #1 WR and caught several balls in Tennesse.
    Bennett's has been an interesting career. He cuts his teeth as the #3 WR in Mike Heimerdinger's open pass-inclined offense. Then moves to the #1 WR in Norm Chow's run-first power offense. His numbers were actually better as a 3 (in an offense comparable to Saunders) than a 1 in Chow's offense.

If he's healthy (which he wasn't at all last year), it should be interesting to see him in on the outside of this offense.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

eldfan is offline Registered User

RamsSb99 I respect your opinion but I have to disagree on what I see of this better, slightly better, same, worse count. three on the Offense side.

Offense
    OT Pace - Better (was injured)
    OG Bell - Better (replaces injured Setterstrom)
    C Romberg - Better (was injured)
    OG Incognito - Better (was injured)
    OT Barron - Slightly Better (another year experience and staying at RT)
    QB Bulger - Better (was injured and will be better protected)
    RB Jackson - Slightly Better (another year of experience)
    FB Leonard - Slightly Better (another year of experience)
    TE Mc Michael - Same
    WR Holt -Same
    WR Bennett - Worse (not Bruce but not as bad as last year or some make him out to be)

I am starting to wonder was last year just more than writing it off to injuries. 1 Pace have miss 23 games in two season. I think it is fair to say this is more than one bad luck season. I have to wonder is he near or at the end. He has been grate but at year 13 the injuries may be signs of old age. I can't give him a better he has not played but 9 games in two season.(same) 2 Incognito he has got tallent but it's negated by his temper, he has to get a hold of that (Same). 3 Bulger he look like he regress to me and it look like it was more than pass protection problem.( slighty better). I agree on the rest of your list on the O side but if we got problems at Lt I have to wonder how much better can we expect Bulger to be.
    Defense

CB Brown - Better (last year missed games: this assumes he is off drugs)
    DE Hall - Better (played injured)
    DT Carriker - Same (another year of experience but will be recovering from injury)
    DT Ryan - Better (another year of experience)
    DE Little - Better (was injured)
    CB Hill - Better (was injured)
    LB Pisa - Better (was injured)
    MLB Spoon - Same
    LB Draft/Culberson - Same (Draft (100+ tackles Carolina) has proved he is just as good as Chillar)
    FS Atogwe - Same (may still be on upward side of career)
    SS Chavous - Same (I doubt he will get worse this year but he is the weakest link IMO)

Brown (worse) got to be on the field to get better and I can not see the glass half full for him until he gets this drugs thing behind him.
    Hill (worse) Only one thing worse in having a undersize corner in a division with large WR's being injured.
    Hall (worse) He did not deliver, I think he will on the second unit after the draft.
    Chavous (worse) he is on a serious lost of ability. We got to fix that in the draft.

With a declined if the offense and a deffense that needs work I just have to wonder how far away are we. It just cant get 3-13 out of my head to think we are going to make that kind of leap.
    Last edited by eldfan; -03-26-2008 at 01:54 PM.
    :ramlogo:

txramsfan is offline Registered User

We are all assuming one thing, and believe me I'm trying not to be the bearer of bad news and look at the bright side of things (thanks wraith...lol) however...don't you think we will have injuries also this year? Hopefully not to the tune that transpired last year but geez it's going to happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-25-2008, 08:25 PM