Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Depth Chart

rams4life88 is offline Registered User

Re: Depth Chart

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    Can you imagine how much better we'd be if we still had bruce... (explitives) FO... I won't forgive them for letting going a solid number two over 2 mill... never.
    It was actually $3m/yr over his $5m/yr and no we didn't LET him go he chose to leave because the Rams couldn't afford to keep him especially with our Cap situation. It wouldn't be good or smart for that matter for the organization to be paying a guy that age with decreased production THAT much money. People need to stop blaming the organization and realize that if Bruce really wanted to stay he would have realized that the Rams were in fact being loyal and doing what they could to keep him. So no matter what people think, it's his fault. Not the Rams.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    We are all assuming one thing, and believe me I'm trying not to be the bearer of bad news and look at the bright side of things (thanks wraith...lol) however...don't you think we will have injuries also this year? Hopefully not to the tune that transpired last year but geez it's going to happen.
    Of course injuries will happen, but that's exactly why I get excited about depth! There were a number of people who were mad that we resigned Hall, but seriously, he's probably one of the better pass rushers left, and after the draft he should be a former starter who is third on the depth chart.

Depth is the guard against injuries, and that's why I would love to see us go after a veteran LB and another offensive lineman. Hopefully, we'll also re-sign Stussie as well, so we have our OT depth going into the draft as well.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams4life88 View Post
    It was actually $3m/yr over his $5m/yr and no we didn't LET him go he chose to leave because the Rams couldn't afford to keep him especially with our Cap situation. It wouldn't be good or smart for that matter for the organization to be paying a guy that age with decreased production THAT much money. People need to stop blaming the organization and realize that if Bruce really wanted to stay he would have realized that the Rams were in fact being loyal and doing what they could to keep him. So no matter what people think, it's his fault. Not the Rams.
    First let me say that it's only your opinion that it was Bruce's fault, it's not a fact, and yet you present your opinion as fact. :x

He still had 1 year left on his deal here, so yes the Rams did let him go. He wasn't going anywhere if the Rams fulfilled his contract. He already restructured his deal two years ago, and now the Rams ask him to do it again, over 2 million dollars when we are extremely thin at WR as it is. In my opinion that is a horrible business decision. It also seems like a slap in the face to Bruce. Age is just a number, he can still play. I would have no problem cutting him if he couldn't play. The fact is he still can play, and we are extremely thin at WR. I don't think the money Bruce asked for was too much.

Another fact is the Front Office/Staff put us in cap trouble in the first place, not Bruce. The fact that we overpaid for Bennett (and others) sealed Bruce's fate. How is that Bruce's fault?

So you can think it was Bruce's fault and you're entitled to your opinion, but remember that's only your opinion, not a fact.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    RamsSb99 I respect your opinion but I have to disagree on what I see of this better, slightly better, same, worse count. three on the Offense side.

I am starting to wonder was last year just more than writing it off to injuries. 1 Pace have miss 23 games in two season. I think it is fair to say this is more than one bad luck season. I have to wonder is he near or at the end. He has been grate but at year 13 the injuries may be signs of old age. I can't give him a better he has not played but 9 games in two season.(same) 2 Incognito he has got tallent but it's negated by his temper, he has to get a hold of that (Same). 3 Bulger he look like he regress to me and it look like it was more than pass protection problem.( slighty better). I agree on the rest of your list on the O side but if we got problems at Lt I have to wonder how much better can we expect Bulger to be.

Brown (worse) got to be on the field to get better and I can not see the glass half full for him until he gets this drugs thing behind him.
    Hill (worse) Only one thing worse in having a undersize corner in a division with large WR's being injured.
    Hall (worse) He did not deliver, I think he will on the second unit after the draft.
    Chavous (worse) he is on a serious lost of ability. We got to fix that in the draft.
    It was do we think our starters at each position sill be better then what we had last year. The answer in almost all those cases is yes because we had backups playing most of the games at those positions last year. Pace returning should be an upgrade at LT over the fill ins we put there including Barron. I agree Pace his self is probably worse then a few years ago. But that was not what this post was about at all its about do we think we will be better at these positions going in. Bulger, Incognito, Hill, and Hall healthy will be better at their positions then the other fill ins we had at their positions. Chavous I see as the same I don't see him as good but I can't see him playing worse. Brown missed several games last year due to suspension and until its confirmed he will miss more games due to suspension then we have to consider it as better because he will not miss games. At this time he is not suspended if something comes out then I would have to have Wade, Bartell, or another CB slide into the starting role and I would have to reclassify at that time as the slightly worse to worse. Because we already had fill ins for him for a part of the season.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Look to all negative seekers no matter how you slice it we will be better this year. Why spend so much time trying to curb any enthusiasm around here. Lets try to enjoy some of our minor victories. Such as Devaney being more in charge of player evaluation, Saunders offense and play calling instead of Linehans. We have most of our players returning and healthy after a horrendous injury filled season. We have the second pick in every round.

Gees what good does it do to be a fan if all that you can find is negatives what fun is that. Man makes a guy not want to come on to a fan message board when all thats talked about is how bad we are.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-26-2008 at 08:24 PM.

eldfan is offline Registered User

I don't mean to throw water on the fire. I am just trying to reason in my mind how we are going to be better. I hope we have done enough. I can recall in 1999 how excited I was when we got Faulk, Williams, Green, and drafted Holt. I thought we were going to be good then but of coarse I did not know anything about Warner. We went from worse to first then this just don't fill the same.
    :ramlogo:

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    First let me say that it's only your opinion that it was Bruce's fault, it's not a fact, and yet you present your opinion as fact. :x

He still had 1 year left on his deal here, so yes the Rams did let him go. He wasn't going anywhere if the Rams fulfilled his contract. He already restructured his deal two years ago, and now the Rams ask him to do it again, over 2 million dollars when we are extremely thin at WR as it is. In my opinion that is a horrible business decision. It also seems like a slap in the face to Bruce. Age is just a number, he can still play. I would have no problem cutting him if he couldn't play. The fact is he still can play, and we are extremely thin at WR. I don't think the money Bruce asked for was too much.

Another fact is the Front Office/Staff put us in cap trouble in the first place, not Bruce. The fact that we overpaid for Bennett (and others) sealed Bruce's fate. How is that Bruce's fault?

So you can think it was Bruce's fault and you're entitled to your opinion, but remember that's only your opinion, not a fact.
    Dude, your just a rabid Bruce fan with biased opinion. He obviously wanted the money, he didnt take what the rams offered $3m a year, 2$m less then what he wanted. If his heart was truly in it,he would say **** it, I'll retire a Ram and that's that. C'mon, do you really think that guy NEEDS money. It's not like the organization dumped his ass, we well tried to keep him. If you know your Rams history, you'd know that we've been pretty faithful to our players. So don't give me that Bruce biased crap. Open your eyes.

P.S-Nobody said he couldn't play, the fact of the matter is he's up in age and truthfully isn't worth the money he's getting paid anymore. That is just reality. It's up to you to accept it.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Of course injuries will happen, but that's exactly why I get excited about depth! There were a number of people who were mad that we resigned Hall, but seriously, he's probably one of the better pass rushers left, and after the draft he should be a former starter who is third on the depth chart.

Depth is the guard against injuries, and that's why I would love to see us go after a veteran LB and another offensive lineman. Hopefully, we'll also re-sign Stussie as well, so we have our OT depth going into the draft as well.
    Well, if we have as many injuries to the front line as we did last year then the football gods really do hate the Rams.

I'm all for depth, but we also had depth at the start of last year and look what happened to our "depth". Don't get me wrong, keep the enthusiasm coming. Just wait to annoint a playoff berth for this squad till about week 10.

Dude, your just a rabid Bruce fan with biased opinion. He obviously wanted the money, he didnt take what the rams offered $3m a year, 2$m less then what he wanted. If his heart was truly in it,he would say **** it, I'll retire a Ram and that's that. C'mon, do you really think that guy NEEDS money. It's not like the organization dumped his ass, we well tried to keep him. If you know your Rams history, you'd know that we've been pretty faithful to our players. So don't give me that Bruce biased crap. Open your eyes.

P.S-Nobody said he couldn't play, the fact of the matter is he's up in age and truthfully isn't worth the money he's getting paid anymore. That is just reality. It's up to you to accept it.
    You haven't been here long enough to know me. Just because Bruce is in my nickname don't assume I'm biased. I'm realistic and always have been. I was a Rams fan when Bruce was in grade school so as always I'm a Rams fan first. You present your opinion like it's a fact, it's not a fact, it's an opinion. There is a big difference.

How do you know he "obviously wanted the money." Have you asked him? How do you know what was in his heart? Do you know him personally? I'm going to go out on a limb and say you don't. Maybe he felt slighted by the Rams because they still owed him a year on his deal and they asked him to restructure again. Who knows what the real deal was. So again you have your opinion, but that doesn't make it a fact.

Who are you to say if he NEEDS the money or not. Never count someone elses money.

I know my Rams history just fine, don't worry about what I know. Worry about learning the difference between an opinion and a fact.

Again your opinion is he wasn't worth the money, that doesn't make it a fact. My opinion is that he was worth the money, and we are thin at WR. I think it was a bad move by the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    You haven't been here long enough to know me. Just because Bruce is in my nickname don't assume I'm biased. I'm realistic and always have been. I was a Rams fan when Bruce was in grade school so as always I'm a Rams fan first. You present your opinion like it's a fact, it's not a fact, it's an opinion. There is a big difference.

How do you know he "obviously wanted the money." Have you asked him? How do you know what was in his heart? Do you know him personally? I'm going to go out on a limb and say you don't. Maybe he felt slighted by the Rams because they still owed him a year on his deal and they asked him to restructure again. Who knows what the real deal was. So again you have your opinion, but that doesn't make it a fact.

Who are you to say if he NEEDS the money or not. Never count someone elses money.

I know my Rams history just fine, don't worry about what I know. Worry about learning the difference between an opinion and a fact.

Again your opinion is he wasn't worth the money, that doesn't make it a fact. My opinion is that he was worth the money, and we are thin at WR. I think it was a bad move by the Rams.
    If you think overpaying a guy that is visibly on the downside of his career a good thing, I don't know whether to question your intelligence or your logic. But that's a whole different matter.I didn't intend to start an argument here. In fact, your the one who "attempted" to call me out. Tell me this, if he REALLY wanted to stay with us, or better yet, if he was truly a loyal Ram. Then of ALL teams in the NFL, why did he sign with the Niners. Of ALL teams. Exclude money from this. Nowadays, it's about where the money is. Again, it's YOUR problem if you don't accept reality. Not mine. So don't try to call me out when you have no logical or intelligent FACTS/POINTS to back up your fanatical bruce biased arguments.

P.S-How long I've been here is completely irrelevant to what we're discussing. Stop bringing in pointless b.s into your useless arguments.
    Last edited by rams4life88; -03-27-2008 at 06:38 PM.

If you think overpaying a guy that is visibly on the downside of his career a good thing, I don't know whether to question your intelligence or your logic. But that's a whole different matter.I didn't intend to start an argument here. In fact, your the one who "attempted" to call me out. Tell me this, if he REALLY wanted to stay with us, or better yet, if he was truly a loyal Ram. Then of ALL teams in the NFL, why did he sign with the Niners. Of ALL teams. Exclude money from this. Nowadays, it's about where the money is. Again, it's YOUR problem if you don't accept reality. Not mine. So don't try to call me out when you have no logical or intelligent FACTS/POINTS to back up your fanatical bruce biased arguments.

P.S-How long I've been here is completely irrelevant to what we're discussing. Stop bringing in pointless b.s into your useless arguments.
    Wow. Where to start. First this isn't an argument, it's a discussion. Second how long you've been here and you already assuming because I have Bruce in my name that I am biased is very relevant. I'm not criticizing you about being new here. I am however saying you may want to know something about me before you assume that I'm just some Bruce fanboy.

I am all about reality here and always have been. The reality is you presented your opinion about Bruce as a fact. Maybe I came across a bit harsh, that wasn't my intention. My intention was to point out that there are valid reasons to keep Bruce, and also valid reasons to not keep Bruce. We already hashed and rehashed them weeks ago. Some of us thought it was a bad decision, some of us didn't. It's not cut and dry, right or wrong, it's all opinion. You think it was a good move and that's fine, that's your opinion. I don't think it was a good move, that's my opinion. We can agree to disagree.

Ok we will exclude money from this. Why did Bruce sign with the Whiners? Simple, Mike Martz. Bruce trusts him, and he already knows the offense.

Welcome to ClanRam.

That doesn't sound like loyalty to me. But newayz, I meant it was good a move for the team (cap wise). Yes it sux losing Bruce. But like i said we tried to keep him. And if your trying, that means something in itself. No, i'm not arguing with you, nor intended to. Besides, we are all Rams fans here (least i hope so). But dude,let's be honest....if my sn was e.x TorryHolt4Life88 and had his avatar (not to mention defending him in a non-related thread), wouldn't it be fair to assume that i may be a little Holt fanatical? Doesn't make it true, but you can't blame someone for thinking so. Also, nobody said that keeping Bruce was a BAD thing. But the reality is the Ram's just can't afford him. Therefore releasing him was the best thing for the franchise in terms of stabilizing our cap situation. It's just not in the team's best interests to keep a guy that age for that amount of money. Now sorry but is that so hard to digest? The question was loyalty, I asked why he signed above all with the WHINERS, you said Mike Martz....that doesn't change the team from being the Niners.

P.S-Who really knows who in a forum? Hell we refer to each other by SN's.....
    Last edited by rams4life88; -03-27-2008 at 11:46 PM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

The question was loyalty, I asked why he signed above all with the WHINERS, you said Mike Martz....that doesn't change the team from being the Niners.
    Bruce was more than loyal to the Rams. He took a hit on his deal two years ago to help the team when they were in need. He accepted the new deal in good faith with the assumption it would allow him to retire a Ram. The Rams reniged on that deal by refusing to honor the contract and trying to have him take another hit because they screwed themelves with the cap by making some bad decisions. Not only was it a very questionable move when you look at the shaky state of the receiving corps and the high level of play Ike was still maintaining, it was a bad public relations move and was asking too much from a player that had already made a sacrifice.

Like ramsbruce stated, Bruce went to the whiners because of Martz. If Martz had stayed in Detroit or gone somewhere else other than SF, that's where Ike would have gone.

That doesn't sound like loyalty to me. But newayz, I meant it was good a move for the team (cap wise). Yes it sux losing Bruce. But like i said we tried to keep him. And if your trying, that means something in itself. No, i'm not arguing with you, nor intended to. Besides, we are all Rams fans here (least i hope so). But dude,let's be honest....if my sn was e.x TorryHolt4Life88 and had his avatar (not to mention defending him in a non-related thread), wouldn't it be fair to assume that i may be a little Holt fanatical? Doesn't make it true, but you can't blame someone for thinking so. Also, nobody said that keeping Bruce was a BAD thing. But the reality is the Ram's just can't afford him. Therefore releasing him was the best thing for the franchise in terms of stabilizing our cap situation. It's just not in the team's best interests to keep a guy that age for that amount of money. Now sorry but is that so hard to digest? The question was loyalty, I asked why he signed above all with the WHINERS, you said Mike Martz....that doesn't change the team from being the Niners.
    My main point was more about the difference between opinion and fact and less about Bruce, but anyways. You can argue loyalty from both the Rams side and from Bruce's side of things successfully, just like you can argue keeping him or cutting him. There are valid points to both sides of the discussion.

So Bruce shouldn't sign with the Whiners and Martz who he likes, trusts, and already knows the offense only because it's the Whiners? Bruce should say ok the Rams just cut me but I won't sign with the Whiners because the Rams hate them. Sorry, I don't buy that. The Rams did what they had to do, and then Bruce did what he had to do. It's unfortunate that Martz went to the Whiners because it was fairly obvious to me at least that Bruce was going to follow Martz wherever he went if he wasn't a Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Bruce was more than loyal to the Rams. He took a hit on his deal two years ago to help the team when they were in need. He accepted the new deal in good faith with the assumption it would allow him to retire a Ram. The Rams reniged on that deal by refusing to honor the contract and trying to have him take another hit because they screwed themelves with the cap by making some bad decisions. Not only was it a very questionable move when you look at the shaky state of the receiving corps and the high level of play Ike was still maintaining, it was a bad public relations move and was asking too much from a player that had already made a sacrifice.

Like ramsbruce stated, Bruce went to the whiners because of Martz. If Martz had stayed in Detroit or gone somewhere else other than SF, that's where Ike would have gone.
    We posted the same thing at the same time again. This is getting weird.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-25-2008, 08:25 PM