Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1st & Goal is offline Registered User

Devanney on 1380 this morning

He was on this morning and seemed to be very candid about some things. Instead of miss quoting him, you can go to insidestl.com and listen to the interview yourself and form your own opinion.

All of the interview has not been posted yet. Keep checking it. Right now they only have the part about the Bell signing.
    Last edited by 1st & Goal; -03-04-2008 at 12:48 PM.

"I was the originator of smack. Some guys rattle with smack; with other guys it rolls right off their shoulders like nothing. "
    -Deacon Jones

Re: Devanney on 1380 this morning

After the interview, the 3 hosts started talking about trading Jackson to Dallas for their 2 first round picks, and taking McFadden with the second pick in the draft. Rational being you would get 4 of the first 33 picks in this draft. Trading a known assest in Jackson for an unknown one in McFadden, seems like a risk. In the past we have seen what this team has done with 3 forst round picks (Lewis, Picket & Archeletta) none are still with the team. If Dallas would make that offer, I think you have to at least think about it.
    "I was the originator of smack. Some guys rattle with smack; with other guys it rolls right off their shoulders like nothing. "
    -Deacon Jones

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

what did devaney talk about??

and NO do not trade jackson!!!!!!
    Built RAM tough

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Not happy with this...

He said they're going to "shut it down" now that the bell trade is done.

and he said basically that he likes Culberson, and reading through the lines, that he's ok with Chillar going.

I don't see how we've got any better with losing Chillar and Bruce, and Hall. Josh Brown wasn't a need, just replacing a player we didn't even know was leaving. And we probably would have been OK with the kid who was in camp last year for cheap.

I don't think this guy DeVaney is any genius. They asked him a number of questions where he was like "I don't know, I haven't really thought about it".

...and it wasn't because he was not divulging information. He was pretty forthcoming.

Baldybouncer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    Josh Brown wasn't a need, just replacing a player we didn't even know was leaving.
    How can you say Kicker wasn't a need? Wilkins retired so we went and got a bloody good kicker! A great move IMO. I'm really happy with what the FO has done in FA.
    Last edited by HUbison; -03-04-2008 at 03:12 PM.

Baldybouncer is offline Registered User

Josh Brown wasn't a need, just replacing a player we didn't even know was leaving.
    How can you say Kicker wasn't a need? Wilkins retired so we went and got a bloody good kicker! A great move IMO. I'm really happy with what the FO has done in FA.

Rambos is offline Registered User

How about a link...

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Devanney is holding true to his words that he wants to build a team thru the draft & use FA as a way to add depth.
    The Jackson idea, I could make an argument either way. My first thought is if you can lock up Jackson long term we need to keep him, & build this team around him. My second thought is you could have 4 picks in the top 33, & with all the needs this team needs it would be a great way to build a young strong team that could contend for years to come, IF the FO does there homework. And thats where the risk factor comes into play.
    With that said, I love Jackson & would want to keep him & try to buid this team around him. Love his attitude & desire to win, he is a warrior.

IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User

Not happy with this...

He said they're going to "shut it down" now that the bell trade is done.

and he said basically that he likes Culberson, and reading through the lines, that he's ok with Chillar going.

I don't see how we've got any better with losing Chillar and Bruce, and Hall. Josh Brown wasn't a need, just replacing a player we didn't even know was leaving. And we probably would have been OK with the kid who was in camp last year for cheap.

I don't think this guy DeVaney is any genius. They asked him a number of questions where he was like "I don't know, I haven't really thought about it".

...and it wasn't because he was not divulging information. He was pretty forthcoming.
    You build a team with the draft. Not in free agency. Simply, this free agent class sucked. They all got overpaid. Who else is out there to get, really? I'm sure there will be some depth signings if that's what you're worried about.

Trading Jackson for an unproven would be the worst thing we could do. When healthy, he's one of the best backs in the league. He missed four games, had a bad first two games, yet he still topped 1,000 yards. To me, that's pretty impressive.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Jackson is also a quality character guy. He plays hard and plays hurt.

McFaddin is expecting two kids with two different women as we speak. Terrible judgment. I think mcfaddin is going to be an excellent player, but i dont want to trade jackson to get him.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

You can go to insidestl.com and scroll down the page. they have audo clips from the show and you can listen to whichever one you want. I was not sure posting the link was ok.
    -Deacon Jones

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Tuesday’s Show Audio at insideSTL.com :: The ITD Morning After

Devaney answered every question, not sure what renrawtruk is talking about.

He says Bell was sought out because they wanted to have someone be part of the line for the next 7-8 years, they like his ability to play several positions if injuries occur, and they liked his salary amount.

He says they are looking at Trent Green if he is healthy, and that Green is seeing the Rams doctors about that today and they will have a decision on him in the next 48 hours.

He says the Rams are not looking for any FA's that will demand big money because the "street FA's" are at the same talent level, but can be obtained for minimum salary.

He says they will let Chillar go if he gets a big offer that is bigger than the Rams budget can afford, and he is high on Culberson.

He says Rams were NEVER in talks with Randy Moss.

He thinks the Rams were a contender before FA and the draft, and if the line is healthy and they plug some holes in the defense thru the draft they will go far.

His comments on McFadden were that he doubts the Rams will trade the pick away to someone wanting him, but if someone in th 3, 4 or 5 spot offers a King's ransom, who knows what might happen. Also doubts Rams would trade the pick to Dallas for their 2 late 1st round picks because they dont want to watch all the talent fly off the board before their pick comes up.

He says Rams will be looking to draft a WR "fairly early" and looking at a veteran street free agent WR.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Man this guy is a genius. Devaney is a great character. I'm glad he sees nothing but great things about this team. And I'm glad we got him. He's a smart individual and won't get any stupid purchases.

I'm glad theyre laying low until the street FA's. Good move.

majorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Tuesday’s Show Audio at insideSTL.com :: The ITD Morning After

Devaney answered every question, not sure what renrawtruk is talking about.

He says Bell was sought out because they wanted to have someone be part of the line for the next 7-8 years, they like his ability to play several positions if injuries occur, and they liked his salary amount.

He says they are looking at Trent Green if he is healthy, and that Green is seeing the Rams doctors about that today and they will have a decision on him in the next 48 hours.

He says the Rams are not looking for any FA's that will demand big money because the "street FA's" are at the same talent level, but can be obtained for minimum salary.

He says they will let Chillar go if he gets a big offer that is bigger than the Rams budget can afford, and he is high on Culberson.

He says Rams were NEVER in talks with Randy Moss.

He thinks the Rams were a contender before FA and the draft, and if the line is healthy and they plug some holes in the defense thru the draft they will go far.

His comments on McFadden were that he doubts the Rams will trade the pick away to someone wanting him, but if someone in th 3, 4 or 5 spot offers a King's ransom, who knows what might happen. Also doubts Rams would trade the pick to Dallas for their 2 late 1st round picks because they dont want to watch all the talent fly off the board before their pick comes up.

He says Rams will be looking to draft a WR "fairly early" and looking at a veteran street free agent WR.

real interesting stuff!! I'm liking this

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

Ramer is offline Registered User

We can not trade Jackson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-04-2008, 03:39 PM