Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The Dichotomy Of Carolina

bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Vegas has up 6 1/2pt dogs. We were 9 last week. No real line movement either.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The Dichotomy Of Carolina

Dichotomy and dissuade....Let me whip out the dictionary for those 2.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Horns View Post
    I am stunned!!

Dichotomy just isn't a good football word.

Please don't ever do that again!!

Believe it or not, I'm not the only one using it. I was checking out some Panthers message boards today, and did a double take when I found a thread titled "Dichotomy". At first, I though the poster might have seen my thread and copied it, but their post was made on the 13th, mine a few days later. What are the chances that two threads, started about the same subject from different team sites, would both use an obscure word like "dichotomy"? I thought it was pretty funny given your comment.

Now that I know it's an acceptable term for a football discussion, I can't promise it won't be pulled out in the future!

From the PantherInsider message board :

gmonet
    15189 posts this site
    Posted: 10/13/2013 4:59 PM

Dichotomy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we are two teams. Play two teams with poor to mediocre season's, and we annihilate them. Does that make them bad enough to lose, or us good enough to annihilate them?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Dichotomy and dissuade....Let me whip out the dictionary for those 2.
    I can't be held responsible for playing the "dissuade" card.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Those who said this is a big game are absolutely correct in my opinion because Carolina like Dallas in week 3 could be competitors for a wild card spot if we are fortunate enough to get close to the playoffs. Dallas is likely to win the NFC East leaving teams like Carolina, Detroit, Chicago, Green Bay, San Francisco & Seattle in the mix. Based on that we better make sure we win the games on our schedule against those teams mentioned, plus of course as many of the others as well.

This will be a good test for us to learn if we can play well against a talented team in their backyard. It's been said by others in this thread, but execution, no mistakes and few penalties plus some surprises can get it done for us.

Go Rams!

panthers55 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    If Bradford passes for 117 yards, 3 TD's, and no INT's, like he did against Houston, it'll mean something is going right, including an effective running game. If the Rams combine that with limited mistakes, and a defense that can make some plays, we'll be in good shape. I don't think we need to have the defense force multiple turnovers. or score multiple times to win the game.

No one is taking the Panthers lightly, because they're a wild card, a wild card with a great defense. But like the Rams, they still haven't proven anything substantial.
    Our special teams have been very good. Gano on kickoffs has allowed one kick to be returned all season, al the rest were touchbacks out of the endzone. Our punter is very good with hang time and nailing them inside the 20. If anyone runs one back it might be Ginn for the Panthers.

panthers55 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Those who said this is a big game are absolutely correct in my opinion because Carolina like Dallas in week 3 could be competitors for a wild card spot if we are fortunate enough to get close to the playoffs. Dallas is likely to win the NFC East leaving teams like Carolina, Detroit, Chicago, Green Bay, San Francisco & Seattle in the mix. Based on that we better make sure we win the games on our schedule against those teams mentioned, plus of course as many of the others as well.

This will be a good test for us to learn if we can play well against a talented team in their backyard. It's been said by others in this thread, but execution, no mistakes and few penalties plus some surprises can get it done for us.

Go Rams!
    We think this will be a tight game with turnovers telling the tale. I don't think either offense is that prolific and the defenses are both pretty good.

RedAlice is offline Registered User

This game matters.

Both teams have been "hot and cold" - you cannot only use that term to describe the Panthers.

I have no interest in looking at this game as to whether or not we make the playoffs this year. I want to see if our team is progressing. There is zero reason we cannot win this.

Houston is seen as imploding, and maybe they were...but we forced a lot of that and took advantage of everything. On the road. Need to do it again v a team on the up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12