Thread: Dick Viemeil

majorram is offline Registered User

Dick Viemeil

I was reading the article about Dick from Gordon about bring him BACK, what does every body think????

just for this season until we get things sorted out, he would certainly get the respect from the players and fans..... keep the cordinaters... he also gets on with the FO, and the owners.....

interesting thought...

what do you think???

steve

"The breakfast Club"

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: Dick Viemeil

The Rams went that route in the past, namely with coach Chuck Knox, who coached the Los Angeles Rams in the 1970s, with much success. However, Knox returned, in the 90s during the last days of the LA Rams and it was shown that the times had passed him by.
    As much as I love Vermeil (Who should have never been forced to leave the Rams and problably could have won at least 3 straight Superbowls had he remained Headcoach), much in the same manner as Coach Chuck Knox, it's too late, the times have passed Dick by.
    ........But as I think more about it, maybe Dick Vermeil taking over the reigns of HC, for the rest of the season could only turn the Rams in the right direction. Surely Vermeil would rebuild this teams confidence and could, no doubt bring the pride back to RAMS FOOTBALL!
    Exactly 10 years ago, Dick Vermeil was 'sorting things out,' coaching an underachieving Rams team. Vermeil's style is basic, HARD WORK! Hard work lead to Superbowl XXXIV, if you're a Rams fan, you feel mighty proud! Your team did it! Always remember those glory days of 1999-2000. WEEEEEEEEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIEND! Dick Vermeil lead us to that point. His age is my only concern, as far as making a return stint as Rams Headcoach, but the more I think about it, Dick maybe the right fit. HERE, HERE FOR DICK!

GOT DICK?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Dick Viemeil

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    The Rams went that route in the past, namely with coach Chuck Knox, who coached the Los Angeles Rams in the 1970s, with much success. However, Knox returned, in the 90s during the last days of the LA Rams and it was shown that the times had passed him by.
    As much as I love Vermeil (Who should have never been forced to leave the Rams and problably could have won at least 3 straight Superbowls had he remained Headcoach), much in the same manner as Coach Chuck Knox, it's too late, the times have passed Dick by.
    ........But as I think more about it, maybe Dick Vermeil taking over the reigns of HC, for the rest of the season could only turn the Rams in the right direction. Surely Vermeil would rebuild this teams confidence and could, no doubt bring the pride back to RAMS FOOTBALL!
    Exactly 10 years ago, Dick Vermeil was 'sorting things out,' coaching an underachieving Rams team. Vermeil's style is basic, HARD WORK! Hard work lead to Superbowl XXXIV, if you're a Rams fan, you feel mighty proud! Your team did it! Always remember those glory days of 1999-2000. WEEEEEEEEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIEND! Dick Vermeil lead us to that point. His age is my only concern, as far as making a return stint as Rams Headcoach, but the more I think about it, Dick maybe the right fit. HERE, HERE FOR DICK!

GOT DICK?
    I thought i read bringing Vermeil back to do front office stuff, not coaching