Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Did Anyone Catch The Exchange Between Spags And Gibson?

I could be wrong, but it appeared to me that Spags was pissed Gibson had just run the wrong route- something he'd done several times resulting in incompletions- resulting in a 4th down.

Gibson shows promise, but like I said on another thread, yesterday was not his finest hour. He made A TON of mistakes and was not on the same page with Marc Bulger for much of the day, running improper routes, falling down out of a cut, crying for a penalty when none was forthcoming, etc.

If he was tired though, it is understandable. He was thrown to 17 times and the Rams are short at WR- resulting in extended action for him.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Jesus Guys, how many games has he played in the NFL? How many years? I know it sucks that he screwed up but that's how it's going to be for a while. I think he will be a fine player but relying (and being pissed) at a guy who hasn't even played 5 games in the NFL yet is a bit extreme. I see where you guys are coming from but give the dude a break. If we are going to blame anyone it's Bulger!!!!!!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

The bottom line here is that Spags asked Gibson why he was coming out, then got extremely upset at his answer and questioned him coming out on 4th down, with the game on the line. You don't think everybody was tired?

As I mentioned earlier, my problem with the situation is that if Gibson was so gassed, why didn't he immediately leave the field instead of jumping up and down, waving his hand over his head complaining to the officials that he was interfered with, something he did on virtually every pass he didn't catch in the second half.

RamsFanThruItAll!!! is offline Registered User

He prolly came out because it was 4 and 6 with about midfield position(dont know for sure) and Spags had just elected to kick a field goal on the 2 yard line not much earlier. I wouldve guessed he was sending out the punter too.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I thought it was Spags getting on him for failing to run fade route correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I thought it was Spags getting on him for failing to run fade route correctly.
    Nope, it was about Gibson taking himself out on 4th down. It was easy to see exactly what Spags said, and that he was very upset.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

So is Gibson going to be the new Marc Bulger when Bulger is gone? I mean good lord, the guy has played in two games, none of us were on the side lines, none of us know exactly what was said or what was going on.

It looks like to me a bunch of people did some lip reading (or thought they did) and now you're all tearing Gibson apart. He didn't run this route perfectly, he didn't catch that ball. The dude has played in two games. If this is going on four weeks from now, we'll talk.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Well, i think we can all agree that the coach was upset. not sure we can agree on why. As for lip reading, i was watching on a PC monitor with a stream that was somewhat sketchy but I did see he was upset (coach) and it was right after the failed route by Gibson. Having said that, Gibson has added some excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    It looks like to me a bunch of people did some lip reading (or thought they did) and now you're all tearing Gibson apart.
    You think I'm tearing Gibson apart? Did I say he should be cut, that he sucks, that he has a bad attitude or that he doesn't have the necessary ability?? I don't think so. I brought up an interesting exchange between Spags and Gibson, and the fact that he should probably cut down on the pass interference complaining.

As far as what was said, don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself before you dismiss any lip reading. Again, it occured at the 7:56 mark in the fourth quarter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12