MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Did anyone else notice...?

Like many of my fellow Ram fans, I was very curious to see how Ryan Fitzpatrick would perform under fire in a game that counted. Obviously he did pretty well! The one thing that really impressed me was the look in his eyes in the huddle, completely unruffled right up until and through the snap count as he calmly surveyed what the defense was showing him. Play after play, there was not even a hint of the "deer in the headlights" look even after being creamed several times. He didn't even appear excited ... just aware. Next Sunday should be very interesting!!

:football:

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Did anyone else notice...?

I agree.

Here's an interesting thought...

If you had to choose one of these three players to be the Rams starter at QB this week, who would you choose?

Alex Smith
    Aaron Rogers
    Ryan Fitzpatrick

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Fitzpatrick. Smith has like 0td and 5int in a few games in oen game fitz has 3td 1 int
    RamsFan16

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam
    Like many of my fellow Ram fans, I was very curious to see how Ryan Fitzpatrick would perform under fire in a game that counted. Obviously he did pretty well! The one thing that really impressed me was the look in his eyes in the huddle, completely unruffled right up until and through the snap count as he calmly surveyed what the defense was showing him. Play after play, there was not even a hint of the "deer in the headlights" look even after being creamed several times. He didn't even appear excited ... just aware. Next Sunday should be very interesting!!

:football:
    Poise in the pocket and grace under pressure from the get go are things you either have, or you don't. They're inherent and no matter how hard you try, you can't teach them. One game does not make a great QB, but a number of Ram players already seem to have a lot of respect for this kid as does the best evaluator of QB talent in the NFL.

I think in a few weeks, we'll know what we've got with Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's brought back the excitement and enthusiasm to a Ram team teetering on the brink of a major back slide.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

AV............what the heck is this question?............lol.........

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Its a simple point... Fitz had a great debut, while the two QBs taken in round 1 have either had horrible starts (Smith) or have not gotten off the bench (Rogers).

Just a bit of irony, that's all.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Poise in the pocket and grace under pressure from the get go are things you either have, or you don't. They're inherent and no matter how hard you try, you can't teach them. One game does not make a great QB, but a number of Ram players already seem to have a lot of respect for this kid as does the best evaluator of QB talent in the NFL.

I think in a few weeks, we'll know what we've got with Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's brought back the excitement and enthusiasm to a Ram team teetering on the brink of a major back slide.

Well said r8mike!!! You either have it or you don't... Yeah, yeah, he has only played one game to those of you who are skeptical... I'm not trying to say he'll win the 2006 Superbowl.. Just that he has intangibles that cannot be taught.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

how about Marvin beuller . Anybody ever hear of him? Oh yeah he quit in the 10th grade. Nevermind.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

bruce_wannabe Guest

If Fitzpatrick Can Lead The Rams To Victory Then Wow Folks It Going To Be A Fun December If We Lose Sunday, The Rest Of The Games Will Seem Like Eternal Hell To Watch