Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: did anyone else see jackson hobbling off the field?

Double-edged sword.

Pick your poison.

When the game's 35-6, or 42-6, you take out your best player because your fans at that point are already done watching.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

NewJerseyRam is offline Registered User

SJ is probably asking to stay in because he is so pissed by all the results around him. The one thing I know we get form SJ every game is 100% effort, he is not perfect but I will take a team of SJ's

laramsfan73 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseyRam View Post
    SJ is probably asking to stay in because he is so pissed by all the results around him. The one thing I know we get form SJ every game is 100% effort, he is not perfect but I will take a team of SJ's
    Exactly! What we need right now is a team of Steven Jacksons! Not exactly pretty or perfect, but giving 110% effort every time all the time!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Steven Jackson is playing like the only guy on the team that cares if we win or lose. maybe you are ok with sitting guys when you lose, but there are 60 minutes on the clock for a reason. You play ALL of it, winning or losing. if you play scared, worried about getting injured, then you shouldn't even be in the game to begin with. Steven Jackson is never going to come out of a game unless he is hurt, and I like it that way. "oh we are losing by 36, take him out" Screw that... show some Damn Fight. and that is what Steven did today.
    ok calm down ,this is a conversation where a couple of people have different fews,doesn't really matter what we think anyways but to respond to your rah rah speech, he does come out of games from time to time,not "never" as you said,if you are not worried about him getting hurt why doesn't he play in preseason ? let me answer that one-because he might get hurt, and last one can we win without him next week ? let me answer that one also-NO, so keep him in the game and take a chance even if it's a small chance on him getting hurt so you can say what ? Jackson shows alot of fight,we already know that,we know he wants to win maybe more than anybody else on the team and we know he is a superstar,so you take that chance just to prove that, doesn't make much sense in my opinion.
    Last edited by jkramsfan; -10-25-2009 at 07:25 PM.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Risking injury is no doubt a consideration, but accumulative hits take their toll on running backs and Jackson takes some big hits. I would think it would benefit both Jackson and the team to pull him when the game is out of reach to keep the wear and tear on his body to a minimum.

I love Jackson's heart and drive, but what do they say, "live to fight another day"?

oh, I'm good now. lol for some reason I just expect ALL the Rams players to play up to Steven's level. also, I am probably in the Minority, but another reason I like to see players stay in the game, is that hopefuly all the other players see him not giving up, and maybe hoping that it will carry over to next week. apparently not though. lol SJax doesn't play in Preseason, because the season hasn't started yet and there is more to lose, once you are 0-7, you kinda really don't care about how the rest of the season goes, either way, you're not going to the playoffs. lol Sorry if I jumped on you JK, not my intention.

I guess we disagree on this and thats cool, I guess what my point is I think that the Rams have a chance to win any game that a healthy Steven Jackson plays in,without him this team has no chance in my opinion,so taking that chance with him in a blowout could cost the Rams any chance of winning this season,IMO, I guess that has been my point all along even if it took about 6 posts to say it.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Risking injury is no doubt a consideration, but accumulative hits take their toll on running backs and Jackson takes some big hits. I would think it would benefit both Jackson and the team to pull him when the game is out of reach to keep the wear and tear on his body to a minimum.

I love Jackson's heart and drive, but what do they say, "live to fight another day"?
    Beautifully put, MIKE! Here's another, "Don't add injury to insult!" or "If a win don't fit, Jackson must sit!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree with what you said here, 100% do you remember how when we used to have a RB get over 100 yards we would win 100% of the time? at one point our record was like 50-0. we Jackson plays, our chances of winning are doubled. but unless our other guys step up, Jackson's efforts aren't going to matter. just like today. Sjax destroyed the Colts, but yet we only score 6 points. Things are going to get better.
    you know I do remember that about 100 yard rushers,hey what ever happened to that ?

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

It's simple. The coaching is horrible and SO IS THIS TEAM

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    but if he goes down on the first play from scrimmage the game isn't 42-6 with the Rams having no chance of winning,second if the coaching staff is so gung ho about this message they are sending why didn't he play in the preseason ?

to save him for the regular season,so why go out and take a chance of him getting hurt at that point in a blowout game when you need him next week to have any chance of winning. how does this make the team better ?
    I understand your concerns, but before you go off on everyone, let's hear your parameters.

Exactly when do you take hime out?

Do you go by score alone or score at certain points of the game?

Do you go by chances to win? Reading your posts I'd say this is the what you would consider. Exactly how do you calculate that?

For example:

What were the chances of the Rams to win the game before it started? And were those chances high enough to play Jackson at all?

What were the chances of the Rams to win the game after the 1st quarter? And were those chances high enough to keep Jackson in the game?

What were the chances of the Rams to win the game after halftime? And were those chances high enough to keep Jackson in?

What were the chances of the Rams to win the game after the 3rd quarter? And where those chances high enough to keep Jackson in?

I'm really curious as to how EXACTLY your logic and subsequent calculations work on EXACTLY when to sit Jackson?

I look forward to your answers!

swatter555 is offline Registered User

As I predicted, the game was almost over before the game was 5 minutes old. We lost by over 30 points (my prediction) and Jackson ran his heart out and even got hurt in the end. #1- we had almost zero chance to win in the first place. What the heck is Jackson doing in the game so late, it served no purpose. Plain and simple, Jackson is going to be a shell of a running back before we are a good team. The coaching staff is going to run him into the ground because he is the only thing on this team worth watching. It is all such a shame.

And I hate to break it to you guys, the Lions are better than us too. They are way better than the Rams. They will beat us too. Again, SJAX will run his heart out for no reason.

A very depressing season. The worst team I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    I understand your concerns, but before you go off on everyone, let's hear your parameters.

Exactly when do you take hime out?

Do you go by score alone or score at certain points of the game?

Do you go by chances to win? Reading your posts I'd say this is the what you would consider. Exactly how do you calculate that?

For example:

What were the chances of the Rams to win the game before it started? And were those chances high enough to play Jackson at all?

What were the chances of the Rams to win the game after the 1st quarter? And were those chances high enough to keep Jackson in the game?

What were the chances of the Rams to win the game after halftime? And were those chances high enough to keep Jackson in?

What were the chances of the Rams to win the game after the 3rd quarter? And where those chances high enough to keep Jackson in?

I'm really curious as to how EXACTLY your logic and subsequent calculations work on EXACTLY when to sit Jackson?

I look forward to your answers!

since neither YOU or I have any say in when to pull him out you can go back to my other posts and piece it together from those,I am not going all through it again.it's no different than the Dallas game last year when he should have been pulled with a big lead,how did that turn out ? how many games did we win without him after he got hurt in garbage time ? And why not ask Haslett why he was about to take him out right before he got hurt, so he would not get hurt,opps to late, but thats ok because that fighting spirit has rubbed off on the other players to the tune of 0 wins since then. I would have taken him out today and I would do it the next time a blowout happened,hopefully it won't. Ferter, I should have done a better job of answering your questions but we are not going to agree anyways so we are just beating a dead horse.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -10-25-2009 at 11:16 PM.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post
    As I predicted, the game was almost over before the game was 5 minutes old. We lost by over 30 points (my prediction) and Jackson ran his heart out and even got hurt in the end. #1- we had almost zero chance to win in the first place. What the heck is Jackson doing in the game so late, it served no purpose. Plain and simple, Jackson is going to be a shell of a running back before we are a good team. The coaching staff is going to run him into the ground because he is the only thing on this team worth watching. It is all such a shame.

And I hate to break it to you guys, the Lions are better than us too. They are way better than the Rams. They will beat us too. Again, SJAX will run his heart out for no reason.

A very depressing season. The worst team I have ever seen.
    Sorry the lions are better then us only if stafford and calvin johnson are playing. And the titans and bucs are tied for the worst teams in the nfl.

supachump is offline Registered User

I don't know about you guys, but when I played in High school, I wasn't coming off the field for anything. winning or losing, I was on the field. Steven Jackson wanted to stay on, so he did. I would be worried if he didn't want to go back in. You guys are looking at this wrong. It looks like Steven is the only guy on the team that is giving it his all, and I for one am happy that he wanted to go back in.
    No offense. But that was high school. lol. The Rams depend on Steven. He is the only real player on offense right now.

As head coach, you have to step up and be smart. Who cares if he wants to play. We can't risk having him injured when the game is a complete blow out.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Jackson is the motor to this offense. It was not smart to be putting him in at that point in the game. Morals, desire to play, that doesn't matter. If somehow Jackson did get injured, all of the games we play afterwards we will have no chance of winning. It is vital for this team that Jackson is staying healthy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast