throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Re: Did they give up?

Once it hit about a 30 point defecit, I can't really blame them for giving up. 1-12 team and they're getting crushed at the moment. It would be nice to see some heart left in our guys at that point but I'm not getting on any of them if they gave up. It's been a long year for the whole squad.....

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I wouldn't say the o-line did a great job only allowing one sack. Null was pressured all day long. I'd say the lack of sacks had more to do with a lack of downfield passing than anything.

I agree w/ Infiniti. While Null didn't look great, he had flashes. The speed of the game was obviously a problem and that is why you need rookie QBs to see playing time that first season. If he hadn't played this season, going into the offseason he still wouldn't have a clue about the speed. He'll get better.

And yes, I'm worried about the coaching. It seems like every time their QBs go back, there is a wide open WR somewhere in the middle of the field.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

I love Null's composure in the pocket. I hope this guy has a promising future..... ANd ya, the lack of sacks doesn't mean anything when our QB is getting hit every play.

poejoe8 Guest

I don't know if they gave up or not, but I did see each player after the game carrying an Ndamukong Suh Sweepstakes ticket in their hands...just sayin'.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    I wouldn't say the o-line did a great job only allowing one sack. Null was pressured all day long. I'd say the lack of sacks had more to do with a lack of downfield passing than anything.
    Early in the game.....yes, I'd agree. But even after the passing attempts became more vertical, Null still had time to get rid of the ball. I'm not saying they're the 80's Skins or 90's Boys, but they weren't the liability yesterday either.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Cliff Ryan, Dorrell Scott, and Leger Douzable were raising a little hell in the interior of the D-line yesterday. They look like a nice, motivated trio, getting a little continuity. ALL of Johnson's damage came outside, and on the big 39 yard run, it would have been a loss stuffed by Scott if not for a terrible hold be Titans #76 ...

No give up in those guys! 7 tackles for loss between the three yesterday ...

Warner4prez Guest

I don't think the D really gave up ever. Think about it, Johnson ran for 119 (I think was the total) like 40 of that came on one play in the first quarter. With 10 minutes to play he was sitting at 90 yards. That's 50 yards give or take a few in 3 plus quarters of football for the best back in the league (who just happens to be running better than some of the best all time).

Defense played hard, we need some help at OLB though, that's for sure. Offense I'm unsure. Not saying they weren't playing hard, but it sure looked like Null was just looking for the quickest out possible on a few plays. Jackson is of course feeling the wear of losing football games and ugly outings.

shower beers is offline Registered User

To put the D's performance in perspective...

They gave up the second-fewest rushing yardage to Chris Johnson in the second half of the season, which is when Johnson started running like a madman. They also did that while he had 28 attempts, also the second highest total from this time. We gave up the lowest YPA total from this stretch, a tie with the Colts.

I wouldn't consider that giving up.

Source for this is nfl.com stats.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    To put the D's performance in perspective...

They gave up the second-fewest rushing yardage to Chris Johnson in the second half of the season, which is when Johnson started running like a madman. They also did that while he had 28 attempts, also the second highest total from this time. We gave up the lowest YPA total from this stretch, a tie with the Colts.

I wouldn't consider that giving up.

Source for this is nfl.com stats.
    Johnson effectively averaged less than 3 YPC, considering Dorrell Scott buries him on that 39 yard TD if the Titan lineman doesn't have him in an armbar ...

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Johnson effectively averaged less than 3 YPC, considering Dorrell Scott buries him on that 39 yard TD if the Titan lineman doesn't have him in an armbar ...
    To the credit of players, I did not see wholesale surrender. Just a painful game to watch. And yes, I watched it. Glutton for punishment. 3 more games to go and then we can put this year behind us.

RockinRam is online now Registered User

It's very obvious that we would win MANY games if we had a better defensive scheme, and a show of offense in general.

Our defense is a very good group, only needing about a couple more additions to be a solid force.

However, for the offense, it is a mess. Although yes, we did have Keith Null in yesterday, he played good IMO considering the mess around him.

Our coaches don't know how to use Avery. I watched the Eagles-Giants game on Sunday night, and they know how to use Desean Jackson perfectly. That is what we should be doing with Donnie Avery.

Also, we need more of a vertical attack. The short, wimpy passes just aren't going to cut it. Send a few receivers deep, to push the safeties back, to open up some room for our running attack. It is painful for me to watch every Sunday how every defense can stack 10-11 guys in the box, and we still can't take advantage of that.

It's sick...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12