Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The Dilemma.....

There is one possibility that really scares me--the very real possibility of the Whiners drafting Reggie Bush.... If we win the rematch, and the Whiners lose to the Texans the following week .... it hurts too much to think about it. The thought of Reggie running wild through our defense is repugnant to the extreme. Maybe I shouldn't even watch. Can't see myself rooting for the Whiners, but can't depend on the Whiners to beat the Texans either.........

Anybody else out there worried along similar lines??

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: The Dilemma.....

By next season our run defense will be impenetrable. A veritable maginot line.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Here's the thought that might help you out. Bush is running all over everyone at the COLLEGE level. There are many worlds of differences between college football and the NFL. This kid can be put in his place EXTREMELY fast. I can also see him wanting a TON of money that is already tied up into Alex Smith. I don't know what the Whiner's cap situation is, but they may not be able to pay him what he wants anyway.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I could have sworn I read somewhere that not many people like Bush in San Francisco.

Sorry, that was bad!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

the very real possibility of the Whiners drafting Reggie Bush
    I'm okay with it. Trung Canidate, Curtis Enis, Ki-Jana Carter, and Blair Thomas were all super college backs as well. Maybe he produces at the next level, maybe he doesn't, but either way, it will take more than Bush and Alex Smith to bring that team around.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Oh how I hope your prediction is not merely an outrageous piece of optimisim!!

Yes Yes !! An impenetrable Maginot line -- that has a good ring to it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    So we're going to draft French guys?

Hopefully, our line doesn't suffer from the same end-around that got the French's.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rampete is offline Registered User

unless you've watched reggie bush do his thing week in and week out you really shouldn't believe the hype...

as a southern cal resident i've watched every one of usc's games this season and i'm as convinced as i'll ever be that he'll be another marshall faulk, l. tomlinson, gayle sayers type rb, that comes around once every ten or fifteen years...i remember the hype surrounding marshall when he came out in 1993 from san diego state when he just looked like a man playing against kids...bush will make you believe that he's on another playing level too...

watch the national championship game on new years day and judge for yourselves...

Milan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I could have sworn I read somewhere that not many people like Bush in San Francisco.

Sorry, that was bad!
    If that was a gay joke, I like it!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Maybe he produces at the next level, maybe he doesn't, but either way, it will take more than Bush and Alex Smith to bring that team around.
    I agree. Alex Smith was supposedly going to come on the scene and devestate everyone. He was going to make Peyton look like a pre-school QB. Ya know what? Didn't happen.
    Anyway, one player does not a team make. (Wow...Yoda-ish!) Look at Arizona: they have Warner, Boldin, and Fitzgerald. That's THREE great players. They didn't win the NFC West.
    Bush doesn't bother me in SF. In Seattle, Bush would scare me.

Quote Originally Posted by rampete
    unless you've watched reggie bush do his thing week in and week out you really shouldn't believe the hype...

as a southern cal resident i've watched every one of usc's games this season and i'm as convinced as i'll ever be that he'll be another marshall faulk, l. tomlinson, gayle sayers type rb, that comes around once every ten or fifteen years...i remember the hype surrounding marshall when he came out in 1993 from san diego state when he just looked like a man playing against kids...bush will make you believe that he's on another playing level too...

watch the national championship game on new years day and judge for yourselves...

EXACTLY!!!!

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    I agree. Alex Smith was supposedly going to come on the scene and devestate everyone. He was going to make Peyton look like a pre-school QB. Ya know what? Didn't happen.
    It's a whole lot easier for a rookie RB to come into the NFL and shine, than it is for a QB to come in and shine.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

unless you've watched reggie bush do his thing week in and week out you really shouldn't believe the hype
    I'm sure he'll do just fine in the NFL, but the niners will need more than him to pull out of the basement. They have to re-sign both starting wideouts, every FB on the roster and 3/4ths of their starting LBs. For a team that sucks anyway, they are going to have their work cut out for them with or without Bush.

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I'm sure he'll do just fine in the NFL, but the niners will need more than him to pull out of the basement...
    having bush, who's only 20, in the backfield will be one heck of a jump-start for those whiners...

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

The thought of Reggie Bush on the whiners doesn't scare me at all. The Colts with Marshall Faulk didn't accomplish much, the Lions with Barry Sanders didn't accomplish much and the whiners with Reggie Bush wouldn't accomplish much. He might make them a better team, but that's not saying a lot. I do agree with Sam that Reggie Bush in Seattle would make me a little uneasy.

The bottom line is, there is NOTHING that would ever make me want to see the Rams lose to the freaking whiners!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast