Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Disappointed, Disheartened And Flat Out Pissed

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Disappointed, Disheartened And Flat Out Pissed

All of the above reflect my general mood after watching this mess for the last 3 hours. It is obvious we're not ready despite the pre-season record (which means absolutely nothing), the new acquisitions, the draft picks, the new offensive coordinator and the hype surrounding the possibility of winning an NFC West title.

My first question: WHERE WERE THE WIDE RECEIVERS?? We looked as pathetic as we did last season. Dropped balls, "safe" short routes, an inability to stretch the field. Sims- Walker was basically a no-show. All this excitement surrounding re-signing Clayton and the endless infatuation with Danario Alexander- who on this team is going to give us consistency and stability the the receiver position? And oh yeah, we can now forget about Danny Amendola- our favorite overachiever- who left with what was called "a gruesome injury" Wonderful.

The pass protection stunk. This o-line, which Devaney and Spags took great pains to solidify- should be ashamed of themselves. Part of their poor play can be explained by the receivers' inability to get open, but Bradford was under duress all day. Kudos to the line for run blocking well, but last time I checked pass protection was also a part of the game day package.

Not much of a pass rush today, either. Our few successes came with blitzes and multiple rushers, but rushing Vick with three guys is the equivalent of eating spaghetti with a spoon. Is it any wonder it seemed as if they converted a million 3rd down plays??

Bradford was not sharp. His exchanges from center weren't smooth, he fumbled which led to a Philly score and really wasn't a factor all day. I'm hardly worried about Bradford in the long term, but his performance today was disappointing. He needed to elevate his play when Jackson went down and he didn't, pure and simple.

And that of course leads to Jackson and where he stands with the quad injury. Hard to believe the guy has a great run, a 2nd good run then hurts himself. Talk about the air going out of the balloon. Williams and Norwood- probably the only two positives today- did nice work in his absence, but any chance of realizing our hopes of a good season and beyond take a serious hit if he's gone for any length of time.

It doesn't get easier. On the road vs. NYG next week- always a tough place to play. Then Baltimore- who kicked the living crap out of Pittsburgh today. We're miles from where we need to be.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -09-11-2011 at 04:42 PM.
    ManofGod likes this.

JFMose is offline Registered User

Re: Disappointed, Disheartened And Flat Out Pissed

We gotta give Nnamdi some credit, he's known to do this to WR's.
    Last edited by JFMose; -09-11-2011 at 04:42 PM.

supachump is offline Registered User

yeah. it was bad. all the way around. Bradford looked bad. Our receivers looked bad. Our line looked bad. Our running game did okay, but that was because they have newbie linebackers.

defense started strong but fizzled quickly. bartell better not be out long. Cause we will suck even more in the DB category.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

I honestly didn't expect a win, but I did expect us to be competitive and not look like, dare I say it?
    The same ole Rams.
    But sadly, that was the story today. The same story.
    ManofGod likes this.

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    I honestly didn't expect a win, but I did expect us to be competitive and not look like, dare I say it?
    The same ole Rams.
    But sadly, that was the story today. The same story.
    I expect use to win every game.. O line suuuuuucks.!

g tha problem is offline Registered User

Today was definitely a reality check. A lot of our problems are correctable, like the horrid pursuit, contain, and tackling. We do have to give Vick some credit. He made some very good plays. Our pass blocking is concerning as well but i have faith in that as well. Our wide receivers? They are a joke. They probably couldn't even get open vs. our secondary lol. And if they did they would drop the pass. Losing Danny just made it worse. Hopefully Jackson and Bradford are ok, because it will be a long season if we have to rely on our passing attack all day especially with Feely at the helm.
    ManofGod likes this.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JFMose View Post
    We gotta give Nnamdi some credit, he's known to do this to WR's.
    He doesn't make guys drop stuff that hits them in the hands in the open field. We had a few drops today that were just unexcusable. Combined with the missed field goal attempt, it wasn't exactly our A game.

Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

As i said in a previous post, Im wondering why Bradford does not throw the ball down the field more. Im sick of all these little 2 and 3 yard passes. I thought we had that same problem last year but thought maybe he was just dipping his toes in the water trying to get used to everything , but here we are, a fresh new year and its the same little dink passes. I thought he was going to be better that this.

JFMose is offline Registered User

I'm focusing more on Sims Walker...the other drops by Kendricks and company, yeah those hurt us big and I believe even affected Sam Bradford's composure as well, surprised he didn't throw a pick (couple close calls).

Did the Eagles D play any zone at all?

Trevor is offline Registered User

The loss of Jackson and that fumble returned for a TD did a lot for momentum.. Jackson being out ruined the gameplan and after that fumble rams couldn't really answer.

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

I think this game highlighted our 2 main weaknesses, WRs and LBs. Our Dline played good. They were pressuring Vick a lot of the game, he was just too fast for them. Our LBs other than Laurinaitis, are rejects from other teams. They showed why, teams will be able to run on us.

Our WR's are slow, have trouble getting open and can't catch. People laughed at the thought of needing a true #1, but this is why. When no one is open, we don't have a guy we can throw to, with confidence that he'll still bring down the catch in traffic. Getting rid of Avery was horrible. Even if he didn't do much, just having him would give defenses a reason to worry about the deep pass. Now they can bring up their safetys which hurts our short and medium game. Our CBs are below average, but with our Dline, we can cover that slightly against most teams.

Bradford and the Oline had a rough game, but that's because how Phil is build. They have 3 great CBs, a great Dline, and their defensive game plan is to blitz and bring pressure. A good pass defense with pressure can disrupt the best offenses in the league.

This game didn't change my mind on anything. We have a few big weakness. At best we are a slightly above average team, with a killer schedule to start the season, against superbowl contenders. 1-6 is a huge possibility, but if we can go 2-5 or 3-4, we'll be in great shape to finish 9-7 and win the division.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

With one of the best punters in the game, and most kickoffs sailing 7 yards deep into the endzone, why Spags would think that activating Curry, (who quite frankly, should not even be on the active roster) would benefit us more than someone who could possibly make big plays down the field, is beyond me. On this particular team, I don't see "any" scenario where that makes sense.

I could be mistaken, but I think I heard Curry's name the same amount of times as Denario Alexander's in todays game. Only problem with that, is that DX was not in uniform.

Not that DX would've made any difference in the outcome, but if he had been allowed to suit up and consequently went out on the field and made one catch for six yards, he would've outplayed Mike Sims Walker. I'm just sayin'.

Obviously, Gibson's final stats don't really tell the story of his day. I saw the same Brandon Gibson today that I've seen since he's been here. You know, the one with a bad case of the dropsies. Where is the imposter from camp, that was supposed to take over the number one receiver slot?

To be fair he certainly wasn't alone, key drops appeared to be the order of the day for Ram receivers. With Kendricks, Amendola, Salas and Williams also contributing to the teams futility.

Add that to below average O-line play, and below average overall defense and you get what we got today. A butt-whipping.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

I'm afraid Bradford has got Buger-idis, His still young, but lets quickly get him vacinated!
    Happy feet, bad decision making, tripping over his own two feet while coughing up 7 pts, looked like a deer in the headlights! JAX can chalkup another 'coming up lame' career milestone!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

overall performance grade, D-, with the exception of williams, plus this being the first game and the injuries, but they better turn this around quickly and NOT embarrass us again on national TV...MNF.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I'm still impressed keeping it at a 3-score game without Jackson, the football gods know that Jax would've made the game much closer but turnovers, dropped passes, lack of fundamental tackling all made the difference in this game. McD had a gameplan that could've beaten the Eagles but it all comes to execution and lets hope these rookies get off their jitters to give us a good game against the G-men. Speaking of which, they're having a pretty difficult time with the Skins already so we're seeing some exposure on them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast