eldfan is offline Registered User

Disappointed St. Louis Rams understand why game didnít sell out

Disappointed St. Louis Rams understand why game didnít sell out
    By Bill Coats

The news that Sundayís game against the Seahawks did not sell out by the noon deadline Thursday and thus would not be televised locally was greeted at Rams Park with equal parts disappointment and understanding.

ďObviously, itís because of the record, and thatís disappointing from that fact,Ē coach Jim Haslett said. ďWhen you have the record that we have, then thatís usually what happens. People really donít want to come out and watch you. So thatís our job to get that thing turned around and try to win these next couple and see what happens.Ē

The Rams and Seahawks, who have combined for five of the seven NFC West championships since the divisions were reorganized in 2002, both are 2-11.

ďNot having the game sold out is a disappointment, but you still have to go out there and play,Ē running back Steven Jackson said. ďEveryone is still being evaluated from their assignment execution to how hard theyíre playing. I think everyone that will suit up on Sunday has something to prove. You hate that itís not sold out, but itís not going to make guys play any harder.Ē

<><><>

Notes & quotes:

*CB Fakhir Brown and G Richie Incognito returned to practice Thursday. Both had ankle injuries.

*CB Jason Craft left early after his back locked up.

*Dane Looker again made four of five field-goal tries in special-teams drills, and Josh Brown (groin) plans to practice Friday. ď(Brown) wanted to kick today, but we just decided to hold off,Ē Haslett said. ďThe other guyís doing just as well. No, Iím kidding.Ē

All for now . . .

:ramlogo:

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Re: Disappointed St. Louis Rams understand why game didnít sell out

I thought the non-sellout had more to do with it being a long way to go to see a losing team.

Oh yeah, Seattle to Saint Louis is even a longer trip.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

[quote=eldfan;262153]Disappointed St. Louis Rams understand why game didnít sell out
    By Bill Coats

The news that Sundayís game against the Seahawks did not sell out by the noon deadline Thursday and thus would not be televised locally was greeted at Rams Park with equal parts disappointment and understanding.

ďObviously, itís because of the record, and thatís disappointing from that fact,Ē coach Jim Haslett said. ďWhen you have the record that we have, then thatís usually what happens. People really donít want to come out and watch you. So thatís our job to get that thing turned around and try to win these next couple and see what happens.Ē
    Why mess up our draft pick now coach?

The Rams and Seahawks, who have combined for five of the seven NFC West championships since the divisions were reorganized in 2002, both are 2-11.

ďNot having the game sold out is a disappointment, but you still have to go out there and play,Ē running back Steven Jackson said. ďEveryone is still being evaluated from their assignment execution to how hard theyíre playing. I think everyone that will suit up on Sunday has something to prove. You hate that itís not sold out, but itís not going to make guys play any harder.Ē
    What is going to make the guy's play harder?

<><><>

Notes & quotes:

*CB Fakhir Brown and G Richie Incognito returned to practice Thursday. Both had ankle injuries.

*CB Jason Craft left early after his back locked up.

*Dane Looker again made four of five field-goal tries in special-teams drills, and Josh Brown (groin) plans to practice Friday. ď(Brown) wanted to kick today, but we just decided to hold off,Ē Haslett said. ďThe other guyís doing just as well. No, Iím kidding.Ē
    Not a good time to be kidding around coach, but in all fairness, some of us have been kidding around ourselves on this forum.

All for now
    Thank Goodness.

Mooselini Guest

I don't blame fans for not wanting to spend money to go watch this game. I passed on the game here in AZ so I can save that money. It was wise!

The Rams and the organization should understand that the fans are looking forward to the offseason and ready for the draft.

If we win a game, awesome. We'll be happy.

If we lose, we'll just shrug it off and live on. We're almost used to losing now...

bigredman Guest

I agree Cheri...that's a strange thing for Jackson to say. Maybe it is a misquote. Plus, while you never take the field with the intent to lose, at this point, I'm looking for draft position rather than redemption through any further wins.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Good thing its not sold out. There's no other way to get the attention of the front office then to start hitting them where it hurts...Their Pockets.
    Last edited by unorthodox1999; -12-12-2008 at 04:20 AM.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post

If we lose, we'll just shrug it off and live on. We're almost used to losing now...
    Unfortunately this holds true for not only the fans but also our players.

It's a tough funk to get out of.

Slug is offline Registered User

I think an off-season with Haslett, with him able to put more of his system into place and maybe bring in some of his guys, will do wonders for you. Y`all are in a tough situation, but you have a lot of the pieces necessary for success. All it needs is for someone to bring that right sort of cohesion needed for it all to come together as a squad. Don't get me wrong, you guys have a lot of problems that need addressing, but you aren't what your record says you are.

As for the selling out..that stinks. Temporary though. Y`all have been beaten down this year. It's understandable. The fans need a break from the depression week in and week out. Enjoy watching the playoffs, look forward to the draft and come back next season reenergized. I feel good about your team.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    Disappointed
    ďObviously, itís because of the record, and thatís disappointing from that fact,Ē coach Jim Haslett said.
    That is not true, is because of the team attitude. I'm sure that if we have fought but ended up with same record more people would have wanted to attend the "draft bowl"

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NY RAMFAN View Post
    That is not true, is because of the team attitude. I'm sure that if we have fought but ended up with same record more people would have wanted to attend the "draft bowl"
    I'm with you on that 100% on that one.. We are not competing like the other
    losing teams. That is why I believe we are the worst team in the NFL. Yes even to the Lions.

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

I don't know about Haslett, but thank you for such a classy post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    I think an off-season with Haslett, with him able to put more of his system into place and maybe bring in some of his guys, will do wonders for you. Y`all are in a tough situation, but you have a lot of the pieces necessary for success. All it needs is for someone to bring that right sort of cohesion needed for it all to come together as a squad. Don't get me wrong, you guys have a lot of problems that need addressing, but you aren't what your record says you are.

As for the selling out..that stinks. Temporary though. Y`all have been beaten down this year. It's understandable. The fans need a break from the depression week in and week out. Enjoy watching the playoffs, look forward to the draft and come back next season reenergized. I feel good about your team.

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

What is up with Tory being given a day off? There is so much more going on that we do not know about.

AlphaRam Guest

It is Richie Incognito's fault.

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

Personal Foul?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    It is Richie Incognito's fault.

majorram is offline Registered User

This makes me laugh about this whole sellout issue, even when the dome is sold out, most of the upper 400 seats are empty, when we played miami, most of the front seats were vacant too and that was a sellout!!

steve
    "The breakfast Club"