View Poll Results: Should we boo when the Rams are bad?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • If they're bad I boo, I spent the ticket money and I'll do what I want.

10 41.67%
  • I cheer and root for them good or bad. 12th man in the house.

10 41.67%
  • I just don't go to the game when they're bad. Bad teams don't deserve my money.

4 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Disappointing fans?

chucknbob is offline Registered User

Disappointing fans?

I noticed during last weeks game that there was a lot of booing of the Rams, especially of Sam Bradford and the passing game. I also saw a quote on twitter that said Jeff Fisher was disappointed in the fans Thursday night.

It got me thinking, should we, as fans, boo and show our frustration during the games, or should we cheer no matter what.

Stone Cold Tavon Austin is offline Registered User

Re: Disappointing fans?

We pay for the product on the field and if that product is not to what we accept we can boo......That is like buying a product at a store and it not living up to expectations. You have the ability to voice your concerns about it and speak out. If we were not paying for the product they put on the field then yes we should remain silent, but the paychecks they earn are due to "the fans" so we have the right to speak our minds.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't ever boo our team. I get very frustrated but would never ever boo them. With that said maybe a little constructive criticism (booing from the home town fans) is what this team needs to hear. It won't be from me though!
    RamDez likes this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I would never boo the Rams, unless they did something like walk off the field in the middle of a game, or flipped off the crowd. The fact is, these guys are trying. They certainly don't want to play bad or lose.

I remember a game I was at back in 2008 against the Giants, and the Rams lost big 41-13. After the game, several "Rams" fans, went over to the tunnel where the players were leaving the field, and actually threw trash at them, while screaming insults. To me, that was inexcusable, and made me angry, as well as ashamed at that moment to be a Rams fan, as several Giants fans were getting a good laugh out of it.

If people want to boo, that's certainly their right, but judging from the empty upper deck on Thursday against the whiners, the crowd for Jacksonville will probably be too small to generate any effective booing if it comes to that.
    RamDez likes this.

citr92 is offline Registered User

booing doesn't fix anything

like i said, it's rooting for the other team

but showing you're not happy is fine...but throwing garbage at your team is unacceptable
    RamDez likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't boo my teams when things aren't going well, but I can understand why others would. I dunno, it just doesn't feel right to me.
    RamDez likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RealRam is offline Registered User

No booing from me. I empathize as best I can / hope my Rams will improve by growing from experience.
    RamDez likes this.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Disappointed in the fans?! Are you kidding me?

Since there's no true source I'll let this one slide as just a rumor, but if there's anyone Fisher should be disappointed in, its himself his coaches and his team.

I flew out from CA for the ***** game. My family has front row PSL's and we get out there as much as we can. This game, is the first game EVER, to convince me I should start rooting for a different team.

Nobody and I mean nobody, should ever execute the "victory formation" and end a game voluntarily when you're losing and have less than 25 yards rushing on the game.

Listen, I've been a Rams fan for a long time, so this whole losing thing? Yeah, I'm used to it. But nothing has stung me so badly, as for the Rams to roll over and die, refusing to run an offense with nearly 2 minutes left to go in the game.

Sure its too late to win the game; but "victory formation"? c'mon. If Fish wants to run out the clock, then run off tackle right 3 times and let the game end. But to kneel down on it? I'm aghast.

I've never booed the Rams, but I sure as heck jumped up and yelled at them to have some f***** pride and not kneel down. In reply, Punter Hekker turned around, pointed at me, and with a dismissive wave of his hand told me I should leave the stadium and go away. In reply, I yelled at him he should show "heart". Then I called him and the Rams, pussies.

So I don't boo them. But I'll yell at them to grow some nads and play harder or smarter. hmmm, been yelling a lot lately.

For the Rams to kneel down. give up? EXCUSELESS.

And for that, I'm disappointed in Fisher.
    MoonJoe, live4ramin and RockinRam like this.

punahou is offline Registered User

I dont know about the financial stability of many of you here, but when I go to a game and spend $3000 to watch adult players who are getting paid hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars a year play a game,
    and I emphasize, A game that many of us played on the street, sandlot, and if we were lucky, in various stadiums around the country, and a game that you wouldnt have to pay me millions to play right now,
    well yes.... I do expect a product that at least shows some semblence of competence. And while I dont boo at stadiums, when I sit at home watching these guys on TV while shaking my head in disgust-- I guess that can be a form of booing?
    RamDez likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

To clarify (FWIW), I do criticize my team, throw my arms up in the air, shake my head in frustration and exasperation like most fans. But with me, I suppose it is akin to keeping the dirty laundry within the household -- ClanRam -- rather than making it public by "booing". I'm disappointed alright!

Not always strong, but always faithful. [And yes, I know one can 'boo' and still be ... faithful?]
    thoey likes this.

macrammer is online now Registered User

I do not boo my teams as a matter of practice....But, I do criticize for sure. Mostly within my Ram family (thanks Clan)......But, I really think Fisher needs to rethink this.......his team has played about as poorly as in the Spags and Linehan era the past two games. I am severely disappointed in him and the product on the field. So Jeff, take a good look in the mirror and accept what you got. The fans are running out of patience.
    RamDez, RealRam and r8rh8rmike like this.

bruce4life is offline Registered User
    As a fan who pays to go to the game I have the right to boo whenever I want...

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I would never boo the Rams, unless they did something like walk off the field in the middle of a game, or flipped off the crowd. The fact is, these guys are trying. They certainly don't want to play bad or lose.

I remember a game I was at back in 2008 against the Giants, and the Rams lost big 41-13. After the game, several "Rams" fans, went over to the tunnel where the players were leaving the field, and actually threw trash at them, while screaming insults. To me, that was inexcusable, and made me angry, as well as ashamed at that moment to be a Rams fan, as several Giants fans were getting a good laugh out of it.

If people want to boo, that's certainly their right, but judging from the empty upper deck on Thursday against the whiners, the crowd for Jacksonville will probably be too small to generate any effective booing if it comes to that.
    I'll never forget that day Mike. I was there too - people were throwing rubbish and screaming insults at the team, and in particular Jim Haslett as they exited the field through the tunnel. I was ashamed too. On the few occasions I've been able to attend games in the Dome, the only "booing" I've done was at the zebras. Each to his own I guess.
    RamDez likes this.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

I think a lot of the boos were towards the play calling and not the Rams in general.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

DAMN RIGHT we should boo and voice our discontent...who do you think is really paying the bills? As fans we have endured Martz, Linehan, Spag and now we are seeing this dance all over again. One good season showing followed by ****. There is NO excuse for it--PERIOD. Its one thing to lose close games, but to have the Rams have their heads handed to them and not give a creditable showing of themselves--NO.

As fans we need to stop finding excuses for the team's poor performances--demand results not excused, because we are the ones paying the bills and we want our money's worth
    live4ramin likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast