View Poll Results: Should we boo when the Rams are bad?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • If they're bad I boo, I spent the ticket money and I'll do what I want.

10 41.67%
  • I cheer and root for them good or bad. 12th man in the house.

10 41.67%
  • I just don't go to the game when they're bad. Bad teams don't deserve my money.

4 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Disappointing fans?

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Disappointing fans?

I'll boo Schottenheimer as much as I want. The guy is an idiot and an average coach at best.
    live4ramin likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I personally do not boo at the few games I see live each year. Not my style. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with fans expressing their displeasure loudly and vociferously if they do not see the effort and/or good football- provided it's kept clean. Management, coaches, players and team personnel must understand that consistently poor performance and uncompetitive play is unacceptable.

One thing people don't seem to get is that there's a fine line between fan loyalty and blind faith. While it's honorable to be loyal in good times and bad, when the bad times overwhelmingly outnumber the good, why should fans bother to fill the stadium?? This sends a very clear message to management that people will go to the games even if the team stinks. This provides no incentive for management to spend money at improving the on-field product.

But for 4 great years at the turn of the 1990's, the Rams have sucked for two full decades. Booing is not only acceptable, it should be expected.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I read yesterday that some Texans fans were burning Schaub jerseys after their loss to Seahawks......Schaub has had a pretty good run as their QB but they seem just a little pissed off

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I can't imagine booing your own team.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I can't imagine booing your own team.
    I agree with you much more often than not Hub, but if you truly feel this way, you're either the world's nicest guy or don't realize you're in the overwhelming minority on this one. There are people who curse at their TVs, throw stuff, yell and scream and do any one of a number of things that are a helluva lot worse than booing. These aren't high school kids, they're professionals- and if they play like crap, silence isn't expected from the masses who have a vested emotional interest.
    live4ramin likes this.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Why is it wrong (or not okay) to boo your team but it's perfectly reasonable to go on the internet and blast everything about them? Just wondering.

I've booed in the past. It's very rare and usually determined by my perception that the players have given up and aren't giving 100% effort. Richie Incognito is a perfect example of someone I've booed. It's very frustrating to spend the money and invest an entire Sunday and the players aren't even giving full effort.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I agree with you much more often than not Hub, but if you truly feel this way, you're either the world's nicest guy or don't realize you're in the overwhelming minority on this one.
    It's neither, Jersey. I'm a nice guy, but as long as Mr. Rogers is still around.........whoops. Okay, maybe I am the world's nicest guy. However, I certainly do realize I'm in the overwhelming minority.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong for doing it. I'm just saying as a personal choice, I don't. And truly have a hard time understanding why one would want to. But I don't understand Downton Abbey, and that seems like a pretty popular thing too.

So, what do I know?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Fans are going to boo, it's just a given, but I don't understand how it helps anything, other than giving people an outlet to vent. If a player, like Long, or Quinn, or Laurinaitis is out there busting their asses on every play, giving it their all, then get booed as they leave the field, do you really think that's going to motivate them? Do you really think if players hear booing they're going to say, "Wow, they're booing us, I better start playing now?" I don't see it.

I'm a believer in showing support, with positive reinforcement, not scorn. Sure, if a player makes a bad play, I might yell "Come on, let's get it together!", but when the next play starts, I'm clapping, yelling encouragement, and giving as much support as I can. But that's just me. And if people want to boo, that's their right, but IMO, it serves no purpose in helping your team.
    HUbison, MauiRam and laram0 like this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

BOO BOOOO BOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry, just wanted see what it felt like.
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'll Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook!

I would Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumaine!

I might Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudjo!

And I would definitely Zeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurlein!

But I will never boooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Nick likes this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    BOO BOOOO BOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry, just wanted see what it felt like.
    Hey, you can still boo on Sunday, just direct it at the Jags, their fans, and the Zebras.

Mike is certainly right in that booing doesn't help anything. If only it were that easy...

I myself do not boo, but I have sat plety of times in the privacy of my own home and cursed freely at the TV. It comes from caring and being a fierce competitor- probably too much so. It's difficult to look forward to a nice, enjoyable competitive game all week then sit through what we had to watch last Thursday.

Hopefully we right the ship this week. It would be beyond cruel, God forbid, for you guys going to the Bash to have to sit through a dreadful performance.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Booing is a personal choice. It is akin to my philosophy of not spending my heard earned dollars on a team that is absolutely trying to do nothing but stay in the cellar. From 1990 to just recently (sans SB years) I with held my spending for anything Ram related. I was a huge malcontent with previous regime (owner and FO). So, I understand the booing. I see it as a manifestation of the product on the field. And Fisher, if surprised, is chartered to "fix it".

live4ramin is offline Registered User

This ain't badminton yet. They get the big bucks to play hard and be ready. Why back in the day, before the iron giants......
    The break, don't bend offense.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Also, some fans are just rowdier than others -- with or without alcohol in the system (rowdier still if the latter). It is in their nature to be boisterous, perhaps nasty. They revel at the first chance to boo if things deviate from a reason to respect the team or cheer for it.

And right now the St. Louis Rams are just the occasion for that.

PS: Notice I said 'some' fans... Being vulgar and vile soon compensates for them not feeling proud of, and good about, their team. This in part justifies all those security people in yellow jackets -- Event Security Staff -- hand radio at the ready, always facing the stands during the game, waiting for the boooers to get out of control.
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-01-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Tyop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast