Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Disappointing loss, but reason for hope

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Disappointing loss, but reason for hope

Thanks again Nick and everyone. I do in fact feel better now! Honest.

I could not watch today's game (just saw in dismay the Game Center plays on NFL Scores) but with threads like this one and after seeing a few highlights, I do have a clearer reason to hope. And it would seem that the Rams players and coaches are certainly in a positive mode as well.

citr92 is offline Registered User

also noting, jackson wasn't hurt, amendola didn't get hurt, we still have our starting corners, etc.

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

great, more moral victories...and injuries to our Offensive line....where have I seen this before, hmm???

Tom_SF is offline Registered User

Where have I seen this before? Play better than the other team and can't win. Teams that win championships don't play like this. Especially against teams they should bowl over.

random stat...stafford 0-5 throwing 3 or more int's before this game...hey look, another first

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

We played a good game against a very good team and incredibly difficult offense to stop.We went with the youth movement so we got to understand we wont win all these games.But your lying to yourself if you say this lose didnt feel different from anything last year.We were in this game completely until the last seconds,and by in it i mean we really were competitive.This game wasnt a product of two terrible performances clashing with one taking the victory.We forced turnovers to stall Lion drives and we even got a defensive touchdown.All in all im very pleased with the improvement we showed this game and look forward to alot more competitive games through the season that hopefully will lead to some W's.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

When was the last time we lost on an essentially, last second touchdown? When was the last time we actually took a lead in the 4th quarter. Yes, we lost, but we did some things that we have not done in a few years. Steven Jackson was not our only offense. Receivers didn't make drops. Our defense made multiple turnovers in one game.

Yes, we lost, but this was a playoff team last year and is still a powerhouse of an offense. We gave up yards, but held tough in the red zone. Mistakes happen and coverages are blown. No one ever said we were going to have a dominating defense. A good one, maybe, but all defenses get blown apart eventually. Should we have pressured more in the end game, maybe, but given that we only let them score with a handful of ticks left on the clock, the prevent defense almost worked. You win some, you lose some, and I'm thinking that before too long, we may just see that even out for the first time in a while.
    mde8352gorams and bradwill like this.
    I believe!

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

We all hate loses but I'm glad it came down to the wire. We just have to get our offense rolling and keep our defense off the field. I like that we had a competitive game with a high powered offense team in their house. This could have been a blow out. Redskins looked very good against the Saints but I think we can pull off a win.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

it was only game one and we had some missing pieces. young team first game. this was a good game for experience sake. wish we got the W but still very valuable experience for young team. i don't put too much on game one, heck chargers one year went 5-0 and still missed playoffs and Patsys lost their first 2 and won SB.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    When was the last time we lost on an essentially, last second touchdown? When was the last time we actually took a lead in the 4th quarter. Yes, we lost, but we did some things that we have not done in a few years. Steven Jackson was not our only offense. Receivers didn't make drops. Our defense made multiple turnovers in one game.

Yes, we lost, but this was a playoff team last year and is still a powerhouse of an offense. We gave up yards, but held tough in the red zone. Mistakes happen and coverages are blown. No one ever said we were going to have a dominating defense. A good one, maybe, but all defenses get blown apart eventually. Should we have pressured more in the end game, maybe, but given that we only let them score with a handful of ticks left on the clock, the prevent defense almost worked. You win some, you lose some, and I'm thinking that before too long, we may just see that even out for the first time in a while.
    just have to say the prevent is what caused those two touchdown drives, it never works, it just gives opposing teams a free first down....

but anyway, only game one, they'll get better every week with this staff, i think they'll beat the redskins

go rams!

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    just have to say the prevent is what caused those two touchdown drives, it never works, it just gives opposing teams a free first down....

but anyway, only game one, they'll get better every week with this staff, i think they'll beat the redskins

go rams!
    I hope you're right, but the Redskins are no joke. Their D is legit and RG3 looked excellent in his debut. I don't think the Saints defense is anything great but still, he didn't look like a rookie.

Has there been any word on how Brockers is recovering from his injury? It didn't look to me like we were very effective stopping the run yesterday. The sooner he gets into the fold the better off our defense is going to be.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

First let me add that I agree we could have won, but we played a strong game and things will get better. Second, imagine what Saints fans are feeling this AM after their defense was scorched by a rookie QB. I like Spags, but look out that fan base in NO is pretty tough going back to the Aints days.

Go Rams!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    First let me add that I agree we could have won, but we played a strong game and things will get better. Second, imagine what Saints fans are feeling this AM after their defense was scorched by a rookie QB. I like Spags, but look out that fan base in NO is pretty tough going back to the Aints days.

Go Rams!
    Spags D was torched alright.

RedRamage is offline Registered User

Hey guys... Lions fan checking in from MotownSports.com.

I originally came looking for info on the Saffold, but then I saw this thread title and it reminded me of something I thought about during the game yesterday.

Now, to start off, I think a big reason that the game was as close as it was can be squarely laid on Stafford and the 3-INTs. The question is if this was just Stafford having a bad game or if it was Fisher game planning against the Lions or if it was the Rams just have a good, opportunistic defense. Now I really don't want this to come off sounding like a "They didn't (almost) beat us, we (almost) beat ourselves" kinda thing, but I really 60-75% of it was Stafford having a bad game. Even when he wasn't throwing INTs he he didn't seem to be accurate at all. Now, to be fair that may have been your defense... time will tell I suppose. And notice even at by best estimate there still is plenty of room for the Rams causing the problems, not just Stafford being off.

Now that out of the way, I remember, I think it was mid 3rd Qtr and the TV commentators said something like: "We'll have to see if the Young Rams can hang with the Lions through the whole game." It reminded me a lot the Lions a few years back. We had some good young talented guys, but what we didn't have was depth. Our first stringers were close to on par with many of the other teams first stringers, but our 2nd, and 3rd string guys clearly weren't.

What happened was that we stayed in games, even leading many games, going into the second half. But then as the 3rd Qtr rolled on and flipped to the 4th, our team just sorta ran out of steam. Where before we were keeping games close or even pulling out leads, we just couldn't stay with them. Our 1st stringers had to stay in too much because of the talent drop off. This meant they tired out and just couldn't compete anymore.

Now of course I'm a Lions fan and know very little about your team. I can't say if this is the same situation that your team is in, but it did seem to be the case yesterday. Some very talented players and you pushed a team that so many thought was much better than yours. But as the game wore on it appeared that the Lions had more energy, a little more juice, and little more left in the tank.

And *IF* this is the case, you definitely have reason for hope.
    thoey and jmk321 like this.

Agrajag is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    I agree that it was an encouraging start. First impressions were that miss to Givens was huge & so was the dropped INT in the EZ by Fletcher. Good to see BF back in the saddle, though. He definitely seemed to play his part in Operation Mega-smother.

And the Rams clearly need, among other things, some more speed at RB on the outside. A couple of outside runs by SJ looked well-enough blocked to be big gains if a smaller quicker back had got the ball.

Really disappointed that, of all the new players, the most obvious mistake was a mental one by one of the vet guys with the most experience in the system. Dunbar did a lot of good things but that was a toasting on the TD winner.
    So so true. If Givens could have caught that it would have been BURN!

Same with when Fletcher dropped his almost interception ... I think Stafford might have been shell shocked.

Two huge missed opportunities.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast