viper is offline Registered User

Discussion of Av's: Go on record NOW with your trade/draft predictions

Av's trade/draft thread is an excellent idea. I wanted to comment on several of the posts that were made there. But, as Av elected not to allow discussion in that thread I thought it might be a good idea to open a forum where we could discuss the different scenarios presented by our clan members in that thread.

Many of the potential scenarios that have been posted are very intriguing. I see many win-win possibilities there. It gives me hope that even if things don't go the way we thought they would, there are still several very positive possibilities that could occur. Please share your thoughts here...and thanks again Av for a great precursor to the upcoming draft!

Re: Discussion of Av's: Go on record NOW with your trade/draft predictions

My first thought in the win-win scenario is that if we don't get Jenkins, which I hope we do, then there are several other possibilities that could bode well for us this year.

My post takes the approach that we don't get the Jenkins trade done. As unfortunate as that may seem, it is a distinct possibility. With that in mind, my hope is that Willis slips to us at no. 13. Thereby adding a big playmaker, a "tackling machine" as they say in our LB core.

Mine goes onto project a trade up by the Rams with their 2nd to take DT Justin Harrell who I see as one of the most solid DT's in this draft.

EDITED: (I just couldn't do Lorezo Booker RB/KR in the 3rd while not addressing the DE position)

Add to that DE Quentin Moses in the 3rd and I think we have filled several defensive needs with our 1st 3 picks.

Patrick Willis
    Justin Harrell
    Quentin Moses
    Last edited by viper; -04-22-2007 at 05:31 PM.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Good Idea, I was curious what people thought of mine.

That's a decent 3 round mock viper, but I am doubting Willis will be around, especially with Buffalo's glaring need at the LB position.

I also think we don't end up with Jenkins and went with:
    1) Alan Branch DT
    2)Quentin Moses DE
    3)Quincy Black LB

pickleweed is offline Registered User

good idea for a thread. i was curious of what people thought of my hair brain idea, and saw a couple intriguing picks.

if willis drops to us, id be happy to take him. bufallo makes it a question, but they really need a running back. i think we trade spots with tennessee for albert haynesworth and the second. after all, they need a new target for poster boy vince young (hence the ginn smokescreen)

we take reggie nelson, or michael griffin in the first
    lost the second in the trade
    take lorenzo booker in the third.

we fill the DT problem, we get a playmaking free safety, and we get a backup for sjax and a returner. order that super bowl ring boys....

Rambos is offline Registered User

Here is what I am thinking. If you good back and look at the most draft boards early on, Branch was a top five pick, that being said the Rams would love to have him at 13. If Branch is on the board the Rams take him and retain their 2nd that would have been used for Jenkins. Both players involved have some risk, Jenkins has some issue as does Branch. By drafting Branch and not giving up a 2nd the Rams acquire a pass rusher in DE Quentin Moses, who has been compared to Jevon Kearse. Branch and Quentin have more upside the Jenkins IMO, even if Jenkins has three solid years left in him. After adding Branch and Quentin we add a guy like, Justin Durant LB to our front seven. Thatís really addressing our needs in the draft on day one. IMO

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Anderson DE round one.

#2 & #3 for a late 1 or earlier 2 for Harrel DR.

No Jenkins trade.
    Semper Fi!

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

1) Jamall Anderson
    2) Tank Tyler
    3) Justin Durant

OK...its less than 24 hours until the draft begins! If you haven't already posted your trade/draft predictions in Av's "Go on record NOW with your trade/draft predictions" now is the time to do it. With the recent acquisition of Dante Hall does that change your draft strategy? If so, go edit your post before the draft starts. Let's see who the Clanram's top draft guru turns out to be (aside from Nick, of course).

Go Rams! :l :l :l :l :l :l :l :l :l

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

My trade had Torry Holt and the 13th pick going to Detroit for Shaun Rogers and the 2nd pick, which we would turn into Calvin Johnson. Most of you shot it down quickly (some even accusing me of blasphemy).

I acknowledge that it will not happen nor would it be very popular, but I am still intrigued with the upside of Johnson and a probowl caliber DT in the middle of the line.

keith m. klink Guest

my plan was to trade down in the draft to recoup picks traded away . and target 1ST RD - JUSTIN HARRELL , 2nd rd - TIM CROWDER 3RD RD , TURK MCBRIDE . that would give the rams a strong DE , and 2 young DT monsters . leaving us free to let glover go , or trade kennedy leaving one or the other to rotate with WROTEN and the 2 rookies . and forget all the jenkins talk for god's sake already.

maineram is offline Registered User

Trade Holt .......now that just ain't right.

You young man will go sit in the corner until I say it's ok to come out. And one more word outta you and your gonna get soap in your mouth while your waiting ..

Trade Holt !?!?

Trading Torry will iniciate and red eye from Maine to St. Lou, to be first in the long line for managements head on a pole.

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

GameTime is offline Registered User

I hope we get Jenkins.

I dont like Branch. I just think taking a guy at a position that we have missed in the past when he has a "poor work ethic" is not a good idea.

Trading Holt is rediculous.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by maineram View Post
    Trade Holt .......now that just ain't right.

You young man will go sit in the corner until I say it's ok to come out. And one more word outta you and your gonna get soap in your mouth while your waiting ..

Trade Holt !?!?

Trading Torry will iniciate and red eye from Maine to St. Lou, to be first in the long line for managements head on a pole.

Maineram -

Fair enough Mainer, but we'll see if you feel the same way this time next year when Calvin Johnson wins rookie of the year and Torry's production continues to decline.

Wow...so much for my prognostication skills.

We didn't get Willis and Justin Harrell is off the board at 16. Oh well, one can dream.