Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

D'Marco Farr Questions --Answered!!

'08 Concordia College Fund Raiser

I hope you all enjoy the questions and responses given by Mr. Farr. Because of your efforts were able to raise about $800 for Concordia College. Thanks to all of you for donating your hard earned money, and thanks to Mr. Farr for giving us time, honesty and devotion. But most of all D'Marco; we here at the Clan want to thank you for your leadership, hardwork, and positive attitude during our successful years as a football team and to your continued support to the St. Louis Rams and their fans.

Your questions = are in white
    D'Marco's responses = are in Green

-----------------------------------------------------

Mike E. (laram0) wrote:

First of all I want to say D'Marco, you are the man! I saw you last season before the game at TAMPA and I'll never forget your response to a man in a RAMS hat and jersey (ME). GO RAMS!!!! You gave me goose bumps and I want to thank you for that.

My question is about Marc Bulger.
    What is your opinion of Marc? Does he have "IT"? Can he lead us to the big dance?
    Please don't sugar coat your answer. I can handle the truth! Thanks to you and RamWraith for this opportunity.

First yes I think Marc can get the team to the Big dance. It just going to be hard when he is running for his life constantly. He's never going to be mistaken for Jim McMahon in terms of a rah-rah guy, but he can make all the throws necessary and he's got a break football IQ.

- - - - - - - - - -

HUbison wrote:

"D'Marco, from '81 to '93, the Huskies won 6 of the 13 D-line Morris Trophies, including yourself in '93. However, not a single one since then.

What's it going to take for another Husky D-lineman to rise to prominence?"

About the Dawns DO-line. Not sure why no Morris Trophy winners in 15 years. It's the same d-line coach that's been there since I was there. I think USC is taking all the talent on the west coast.

- - - - - - - - - -

Bigredman wrote:

Do you regret leaving your gig at Fox Sports to make a comeback with the (choke) *****?

No don't regret leaving Fox to try out for San Fran. It was worth it for me to finally put my career to rest.

- - - - - - - - - -

ramsbruce wrote:

I have a couple questions for you...hope you don't mind.
    Mr. Farr, when did you and the 1999 team really start to realize that you had a special team and were a legitimate contender? And, who was your best friend on the team?

We thought we were going to be special pretty much when Trent and Marshall showed up. But after we beat Baltimore week 1 with Kurt we knew we were going to be great. My Best friend on the team was Kevin Carter. Great dude!

- - - - - - - - - -
    Bar-bq wrote:

DeMarco;
    have you got your eye on any potential Ram prospects for the 2009 NFL draft? Do you get approached to mentor collegiate players?

I like Jeremy Maclin from Mizzo. O think he is a game breaker. I'm just not sure if he will come out. Will Moore would be a great pick at safety. I like LT Phil Loadholt from Oklahoma. MLB Rey Maluga from USC is a beast!
    I only care about the Huskies!

- - - - - - - - - -

RamWraith wrote:

Thanks again for taking the time to give a little love back. You are truly a class act!! Concerning your playing days...do you have any regrets? And if so what would you change?

My only regret is that I didn't make 10 seasons. That was my goal. And I would have loved to be the one who ended Steve Youngs career.

- - - - - - - - - -

RamsandDodgers (through proxy) wrote:

Mr. Farr, who was the best player you ever played against?

The best QB John Elway or Steve Young. Best RB is Marshall Faulk. Best Olineman was Bruce Matthews without a doubt.

- - - - - - - - - -

KoaKoi wrote:

No question for you Mr. Farr..... just a big thank you for your efforts on behalf of the Rams and good cause... you certainly have been a fantastic ex-Ram ambassador to fans and the NFL alike. THANKS!!

- - - - - - - - -

Jorge wrote:

In lieu of a question to D'Marco Farr, please give him my warmest reguards and Rams recognition as well as my appreciation for his continued work.

- - - - - - - - - -

CaliGirlRamsFan wrote:

Why the heck did you not jump over Otis's fence and say hello? Lord, I watched your cousins two boy's grow up. Throwing their ball back over the fence, and of course they did the same.

Hey Caligirlramsfan who is Otis? You watched my cousin raise his two boys??? Not sure if I could jump a fence anyway!

- - - - - - - - - -

viper wrote:

Would you have selected a different player than Chris Long at no. 2 and Donnie Avery in the second round in this year's draft? If so, who would you have selected and why? And in your opinion, will Chris Long be the force at defensive end that we all are hoping for?

Viper, great question. I fell in love with Arkansas RB Darren McFadden last college season. I think he was the most violent running rb to come out college in a long time and he has speed to go the distance. I like the idea of having two studs in the backfield. It creates competition and keeps legs fresh in December. I also like little Desean Jackson (WR) from CAL. He's so explosive.

I believe with time the Chris Long pick will pan out. It will not be a instant upgrade but in time and with some seasoning he could be a Pro Bowl DE. He has all the tools and has a motor to go with it.

- - - - - - - - - -

ram3057 wrote (through proxy):

Witherspoon has proven to be a valuable asset to our defense. Yet, he's not your big prototypical thumper middle linebacker. Do you think the Rams would be better served to move Will to weakside linebacker and bring in the big thumper in the middle?

Rams3057 you are right on the money. Spoon is a terrific defender when 100 healthy. He is more of the hybrid type of linebacker that can fly around and make plays either up the field on pass rush or down field after the ball is thrown. He struggles because of his size when teams run the football right at him and he is forced to take on blocks face up. He kind of gets stuck. I wouldn't mind taking a MLB from an SEC school in the mid rounds next season.

- - - - - - - - - -

Fat Pang wrote:

Who was your favorite positional coach and why?

Fat Pang? Nice name! My favorite position coach would have to be a tie or 1 and 1a. Randy Hart coached me for 5 years at U.W. He taught me the most about playing the position and what it took to be successful. We won the National Championship in 1991 and I won the Morris Trophy my Sr. year in 1993. Big Daddy Carl Hairston coached me for 3 years with the Rams. Big Daddy actually played the position and could feel my pain. The team won the Super Bowl in 1999 and I went to the Pro Bowl under Big Daddy.

- - - - - - - - - -

Nick wrote (through proxy):

It's great to see you continuing on as a TV announcer for the Rams. We all remember how Jack Snow continued a relationship with the Rams after he hung up his cleats. Besides Henry Ellard , are there any other former Rams that bleed blue and gold and continue to maintain a relationship with the Rams or at least hang around for support?

Nick, there are many former Rams that are still with the team in some capacity. Jackie Slater lends his voice on draft day decisions regarding o. lineman. Ray Agnew works in pro player scouting. There are many former LA rams that work for the team more in CA.

- - - - - - - - - -

Richbert88 wrote (through proxy):

Do you think the Rams made the right decision to trade Kurt Warner and go with Marc Bulger ? You were there.

Richbert88 no way shape or form do I ever trade Kurt Warner, period. Big mistake! He will probably have Arizona knocking on the door of the playoffs this season. I do like Marc Bulger though. If I could choose a quarterback to lead my team, I would be comfortable with him as long as I had a great offensive line and a stellar running game.

- - - - - - - - - -

MoonJoe wrote:

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. First hows the knees? What is your honest opinion on Scott Linehan as a head coach and what is your prediction for the Rams record this year? One more thing...Did you enjoy your rookie year in LA even though our city was not very supportive of the team?

Moonjoe my knees are great Thanks. I run 5 miles a day. I'm almost at fighting weight. About Scott Linehan, I think the Rams job is one of the more difficult jobs in pro football, not many people know about that fact. Sure we all hear about how difficult it is to be the head coach of the Raiders because of Al Davis but, he's not the only owner that interferes with coaching. You have to be special to succeed as the head coach of the St. Louis Rams.

I love LA! I wish we could have had a winning team there. We could have been the pro version of the USC Trojans!
    Last edited by RamWraith; -09-25-2008 at 06:15 PM.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Re: D'Marco Farr Questions --Answered!!

I'm shocked. Otis is your cousins husband and lived behind me. Baffled at the response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

It might of been better to mention which cousin you were referring to

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO View Post
    It might of been better to mention which cousin you were referring to
    I didn't want to get to personal, so I mentioned her hubby's name. They have a huge get together every year that we were invited to, but got cancelled. Saw all the family photo's, so I know it wasn't her lying to us.. He visits her and Otis , so he must know who I am talking about.

Ah well, maybe he just didn't want to get personal, but it sure embarrassed me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    I didn't want to get to personal, so I mentioned her hubby's name. They have a huge get together every year that we were invited to, but got cancelled. Saw all the family photo's, so I know it wasn't her lying to us.. He visits her and Otis , so he must know who I am talking about.

Ah well, maybe he just didn't want to get personal, but it sure embarrassed me.
    Yeah, maybe he just wanted to stick to football questions, I'm sorry this happened.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Its always good to have an ex-player on the boards.

Thanks D'Marco!

(Wraith, I think I still need to pony up the beer tokens)

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Thanks for putting this together RW.

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions Mr. Farr.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Nick wrote (through proxy):

It's great to see you continuing on as a TV announcer for the Rams. We all remember how Jack Snow continued a relationship with the Rams after he hung up his cleats. Besides Henry Ellard , are there any other former Rams that bleed blue and gold and continue to maintain a relationship with the Rams or at least hang around for support?

Nick, there are many former Rams that are still with the team in some capacity. Jackie Slater lends his voice on draft day decisions regarding o. lineman. Ray Agnew works in pro player scouting. There are many former LA rams that work for the team more in CA.
    That's interesting, especially about Slater. We could use his help about now. But seriously, I wonder if he had a hand in helping us find Setterstrom in the late rounds. The same year I remember us getting another guy late, I think his name was Palmer, who wound up playing for the Packers. At least there's a little glimmer of hope that if we ever do use a higher round pick on an o-lineman, maybe we'll get it right.

Anyway, big thanks to DeMarco for doing this with us. It's great to get some insight from a former player--even better when it's one of the Ram greats.

viper is offline Registered User

Thanks for joining us here at clanram and answering our questions. Feel free to stop by anytime!

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Moonjoe my knees are great Thanks. I run 5 miles a day. I'm almost at fighting weight. About Scott Linehan, I think the Rams job is one of the more difficult jobs in pro football, not many people know about that fact. Sure we all hear about how difficult it is to be the head coach of the Raiders because of Al Davis but, he's not the only owner that interferes with coaching. You have to be special to succeed as the head coach of the St. Louis Rams.

I love LA! I wish we could have had a winning team there. We could have been the pro version of the USC Trojans!
    WOW! If ever there was a need for a follow-up question, it was here!
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

rampower is offline Registered User

Met and talked to D'marco at the bash, he was a really nice guy.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

D'Marco is on TV right now on FOX sports SouthWest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    WOW! If ever there was a need for a follow-up question, it was here!
    No doubt! I wasn't expecting that at all!

Thank you Mr. Farr, the remaining fans in LA love you too! Thanks for the ring, and continuing to support the team!

Joe
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

D'Marco Farr a total class act.
    THE FIELD GOAL

I have a message for D'Far. Romena your cousin said she is going to back hand you next time she see's you, and said "How can you forget Otis? She then said did you forget Brian and Isreal also? Be warned, she is shooting you off an E Mail.

Love me

I had permission to post this.
    Last edited by CaliGirlRamsFan; -09-30-2008 at 03:20 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast